Adelaide United v CC Mariners Boxing Day Jamboree!!! ©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Jumbinho
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Re: Adelaide United v CC Mariners Boxing Day Jamboree!!! ©

Postby Jumbinho Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:41 pm

There’s a lot to like about the way we are going...defensively we are excellent, well structured and the players are working hard.

We just desperately lack that bit of quality in the final third to unlock things. Hopefully absalonsen can hit the ground running again quickly once he’s back, cos I have a fairly healthy skepticism that there’ll be a new signing to make a difference.
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v CC Mariners Boxing Day Jamboree!!! ©

Postby EdDog Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:59 pm

There’s a lot to like about the way we are going...defensively we are excellent, well structured and the players are working hard.

We just desperately lack that bit of quality in the final third to unlock things. Hopefully absalonsen can hit the ground running again quickly once he’s back, cos I have a fairly healthy skepticism that there’ll be a new signing to make a difference.
Not going to disagree with your comment re Absalonsen but who do you replace? Kitto has been killing it on the left and Mileusnic is probably more suited to that right hand side.

Front 3 of Kitto, Mileusnic AND Absalonsen???
Jumbinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Postby Jumbinho Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:19 pm

Not going to disagree with your comment re Absalonsen but who do you replace? Kitto has been killing it on the left and Mileusnic is probably more suited to that right hand side.

Yeah thats a fair point. We have tried Mileusnic up top on occasion, so could give that front three a go.

What I think we really need is a centre midfielder with more creativity in that lia/konstandopolous spot
EdDog

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Adelaide United v CC Mariners Boxing Day Jamboree!!! ©

Postby EdDog Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:23 pm

Yeah thats a fair point. We have tried Mileusnic up top on occasion, so could give that front three a go.

What I think we really need is a centre midfielder with more creativity in that lia/konstandopolous spot
Yeah a creative mid and a more clinical striker is crucial in the January window. Think the rest of the squad is pretty well covered.
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:08 pm

How good was it to see three South Aussies that have all played for our youth team play a part in that goal? B)
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:29 am

Great win

By the way I won't be wishing anyone on here a Happy New Year, that's for sure.
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:39 am

Anyone wanting to debate Christmas or the holidays or whatever non-football topic respectfully, head over to the Reds Ramble section of WATR and create a thread.

Lets leave the Jamboree for match day discussions.

COYR!
I agree, there should be no mention of religion except in the off topic section. Christmas is fundamentally a religious festival so should never have been mentioned in this thread, from the opening post onwards.
Please everyone stick to this in future.
Happy New Year Ghost!

Oooh calendar days are just a thing made up by humans. I hope we lose. Please ban yourself again because your lack of social skills and politeness grows exceedingly wearying. Come back in a few years when you've learnt some nuance in communication.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:18 am

Anyone wanting to debate Christmas or the holidays or whatever non-football topic respectfully, head over to the Reds Ramble section of WATR and create a thread.

Lets leave the Jamboree for match day discussions.

COYR!
I agree, there should be no mention of religion except in the off topic section. Christmas is fundamentally a religious festival so should never have been mentioned in this thread, from the opening post onwards.
Please everyone stick to this in future.
Happy New Year Ghost!

Oooh calendar days are just a thing made up by humans. I hope we lose. Please ban yourself again because your lack of social skills and politeness grows exceedingly wearying. Come back in a few years when you've learnt some nuance in communication.
Happy New Year UnitedPants, whenever it starts. You are right our calendar is just made up by humans. So glad we agree.
I will try and be more polite.
I am Scott
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:31 am

This group has a fair amount of resilience to go with the quality.

Interesting that commentators are starting to talk about Isa as a serious option for the WC squad. If Jedinak gets hurt he's a better player than Milligan
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:35 am

Thought Strain slotted in to midfield nicely when Mick Marrone came on, another string to his bow.

Not sure why Val felt the need to mention Gombau passed on Kitto and Mileusnic, how is it relevant ?

And finally, if we get the right player in January this side is capable of qualifying for ACL - make it happen Ante!
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:57 am

Thought Strain slotted in to midfield nicely when Mick Marrone came on, another string to his bow.

Not sure why Val felt the need to mention Gombau passed on Kitto and Mileusnic, how is it relevant ?

And finally, if we get the right player in January this side is capable of qualifying for ACL - make it happen Ante!
Yeah that annoys me also.

Gombau was the one to give kitto his first ever start seemingly out of nowhere.

During the gombau reign we had cirio , ferriera, mabil and kamau. Im not sure what gombau was supposed to do.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:20 am

Yeah that annoys me also.

Gombau was the one to give kitto his first ever start seemingly out of nowhere.

During the gombau reign we had cirio , ferriera, mabil and kamau. Im not sure what gombau was supposed to do.
Val just has a vendetta against Gomby.

Guy can hold a grudge.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:22 am

Gombau didn't look over Kitto at all.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:01 pm

We all know Val’s son is a shit goalkeeper after all…
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Adelaide United v CC Mariners Boxing Day Jamboree!!! ©

Postby Philbyramone Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:39 pm

Val who? Is he the guy that runs ShitAdelaide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”