Ideas to Improve the Club

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Ideas to Improve the Club

Postby EdDog Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:29 am

Won't improve the club per se but critical we get some cover over the eastern stands.

Surely this has to be a top priority.
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:58 pm

Cover over the east won't do anything about the sun though, unless games are played in the morning. Would still be great and improve the atmosphere.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:34 pm

As if on cue, Travis Dodd returns to AUFC as a coach - he joins Karlovic as an assistant with the W-League team.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:33 pm

Great to see Dodd return. That's a huge plus for fan connection.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:25 pm

Ya Hoo!!!

Welcome back Travis Dodd!!!
Already an improvement. :)

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 pm

I think the easiest thing to do for the club is think of ways to let the fans do the marketing for them.

-Design the FFA cup strip competition. The club picks the best (doable) 2 and let the fans vote.

-Xmas toy drive. Cross promo with a childrens charity, last home game before xmas get fans to bring toys to donate to less fortunate kids. Take it one step further if they want and give everyone who donates the crappiest cheapest possible santa hat to wear for the game.

-AUFC reporter for a day. Get a winning fan to interview a couple of players with fan questions after training and chuck it up on facebook/youtube. Preferrably some starting XI players.

-Design a bumper sticker competition.

These are things that require little money because you are getting the fans to make the content/effort for free. Some of these things can actually make the club money.
A huge absolutely fucking NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to the second idea.
The rest I like a lot.
I am Scott
offshorejack

Postby offshorejack Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:32 pm

I think the easiest thing to do for the club is think of ways to let the fans do the marketing for them.

-Design the FFA cup strip competition. The club picks the best (doable) 2 and let the fans vote.

-Xmas toy drive. Cross promo with a childrens charity, last home game before xmas get fans to bring toys to donate to less fortunate kids. Take it one step further if they want and give everyone who donates the crappiest cheapest possible santa hat to wear for the game.

-AUFC reporter for a day. Get a winning fan to interview a couple of players with fan questions after training and chuck it up on facebook/youtube. Preferrably some starting XI players.

These are things that require little money because you are getting the fans to make the content/effort for free. Some of these things can actually make the club money.
A huge absolutely fucking NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to the second idea.
The rest I like a lot.
yeah, fuck good will!

can’t stand it... in fact, nothing I hate more!
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:50 pm

The rest I like a lot.
yeah, fuck good will!

can’t stand it... in fact, nothing I hate more!
I would be very happy to see a link up with a childrens charity but NOT AT FUCKING CHRISTMAS.
I am Scott
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:50 pm

Come on gents, no need to get angry at each other.

We all deal with this time of year in our own way and that is fair enough.

This "Festive time" of the year can be very stressful for many people on all sorts of levels and it is not always "good cheer, prawns, presents, booze and pudding".

So let's leave those who celebrate it to their thing and those who dislike it to theirs.

And agree to disagree...

B)

That was my Christmas message to the forum... :mrgreen:
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
offshorejack

Postby offshorejack Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:22 pm

all good, no anger

happy days
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:48 pm

I've said this a few times. But I'd love to see a bit of a members rewards card created for fans.
Buy you're mates a ticket with your card, that's points
Buy products at a sponsor's business, that's points
Buy merch, that's points.
Each year you renew your membership you get a few more points than you did last year.
If you convince a friend to buy a ticket and they quote your membership number, that's points.
If you convince a friend to buy a membership and they quote your membership number, you better believe that's points!

Then these points can be redeemed like cash on things like merch or re-newing memberships.
If Sushi Train to can do it surely AU can!

This way, especially for the encouragement of friends and family to come to games. The fans can take an active roll in bringing people along and enriching the atmosphere at games for themselves. While helping the club they love financially.

The other thing that must happen is that AU need to work together with the FFSA and make sure the local NPL is the best it can be and that AU is fielding the strongest side they can be.
That means lifting the U20 rule, increasing the length of the season and ensuring fringe HAL players are able to take part in the NPL so we don't see a players like O'Doherty play next to no competitive football for months at a time.
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:00 pm

I think the club are doing a bring your kids for free thing at the moment (next 1 or 2 home games) and a guard of honor using members via a facebook competition.

Good start, they do these things though and then do nothing for months. Needs to be constant.

I like the points card idea stuckey. Another way they could do it would be discount tiers.

Cam Watson tier- 0-2000 points gets you 10% off at club store
Taylor Regan tier- 2001-5000 points gets you 15% off
Isaias tier- 5001+ gets 20% off
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:14 pm

I think the club are doing a bring your kids for free thing at the moment (next 1 or 2 home games) and a guard of honor using members via a facebook competition.

Good start, they do these things though and then do nothing for months. Needs to be constant.

I like the points card idea stuckey. Another way they could do it would be discount tiers.

Yeah exactly. It's like Jarrod Walsh. Having him do the couch videos was so great. As someone else mentioned when some of the young players spoke I didn't know that was what their voices sounded like! I find the level of player promotion from the club so lazy. Isa, Adlung, Absolonsen (when he was playing) and Reegs always seem to feature in interviews and promotional photos yet many of the younger players rarely get a mention.
Obviously a photo with Ryan Strain isn't going to get quite as many people clicking but its sad how players like Warland, Ochieng and O'Doherty have been at the club for years now and we barely know anything about them.
I think fans would get around the squad far more if they actually knew who these players were. So then later on the club wouldn't need to seemingly shield them from criticism when news of their signings came along as much more of the fan base would actually know who these kids getting signed or re-signed are!
Time to Djbate!
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:34 pm

I'd like to put all ideas in this thread into a document late in the season and hand it to the club after the end of it.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
View From The Top
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:36 am

Yeah exactly. It's like Jarrod Walsh. Having him do the couch videos was so great. As someone else mentioned when some of the young players spoke I didn't know that was what their voices sounded like! I find the level of player promotion from the club so lazy. Isa, Adlung, Absolonsen (when he was playing) and Reegs always seem to feature in interviews and promotional photos yet many of the younger players rarely get a mention.
Obviously a photo with Ryan Strain isn't going to get quite as many people clicking but its sad how players like Warland, Ochieng and O'Doherty have been at the club for years now and we barely know anything about them.
I think fans would get around the squad far more if they actually knew who these players were. So then later on the club wouldn't need to seemingly shield them from criticism when news of their signings came along as much more of the fan base would actually know who these kids getting signed or re-signed are!
Spot on. And how many kids will be excited to come to games and play themselves when there are young local lads they can relate to and emulate, rather than unknown foreigners with sometimes difficult accents or withdrawn characters (not meaning any disrespect to our visa players who have mostly been great servants of the club)
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”