Paul Izzo

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Rojos
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Re: Paul Izzo

Postby Rojos Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:35 pm

Largely agree with the above.

Thought he was a savvy signing at the time but thought Euge could have played second fiddld whilst being a GK coach.

Anyway, there will be offers for him come the end of years and i only hope for two things:

1. He moves to a Euro club where he will be a starter, he must be playing week in week out (ideally holland or belgium)
2. We get a reasonable fee for him and a % of his next sale.

Keep it up Paul!
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:24 am

Yeah, now is the time for a Euro move, he is in the perfect age bracket and performing well.
But I agree with above, needs to be first choice. Otherwise he is better off here.
We are UNITED, after all....
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:02 pm

Didnt someone say recently izzo is happy to play his career in australia long term ?

May had been another player.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:40 am

Didnt someone say recently izzo is happy to play his career in australia long term ?

That does ring a bell. Although IMO if a player doesn't want to take their career beyond the HAL that's a bit of a question mark on their development. But obviously not every player will make it overseas.

I think we're all in the same boat here it seems.
Everyone was rightly concerned whether Izzo was going to offer the same level of consistancy as Euge. Which he has.
Everyone could see time on Euge's career was getting close so he was going to need replacing at some point.
The main issue everyone at the time seem to have I feel was not the Euge had been replaced but in the manner the club did it. For AU's arguably best ever player to not get even a goodbye from the fans, coupled with the fans only finding out he definitely left due to City announcing his signing was shockingly bad from AU. But from a recruitment point of view (which the benefit of hindsight) a real master stroke.
Time to Djbate!
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:46 pm

That does ring a bell. Although IMO if a player doesn't want to take their career beyond the HAL that's a bit of a question mark on their development. But obviously not every player will make it overseas.

I think we're all in the same boat here it seems.
Everyone was rightly concerned whether Izzo was going to offer the same level of consistancy as Euge. Which he has.
Everyone could see time on Euge's career was getting close so he was going to need replacing at some point.
The main issue everyone at the time seem to have I feel was not the Euge had been replaced but in the manner the club did it. For AU's arguably best ever player to not get even a goodbye from the fans, coupled with the fans only finding out he definitely left due to City announcing his signing was shockingly bad from AU. But from a recruitment point of view (which the benefit of hindsight) a real master stroke.
I agree that the Galekovic situation was not handled well but I think it is totally unfair to criticise the club for not giving the fans a chance to say good bye to him when he was not definitely leaving until after the last game of the season.
I am Scott
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:13 pm

When Galekovic retires I'd love to see an Adelaide United Stars team take on an A-League Stars team as a charity fundraiser where we get to say thank you to so many of our old favourites - Eugene, Travis Dodd, Cassio, Van Dyke, Carrusca, etc.
sub007
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Jonny Yull

Postby sub007 Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:35 pm

Received a Socceroos call up.

Well done Paul!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”