Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby otto62 Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:13 am

One thing that did surprise me was that Muscat wasn't abusing the ref all game ... but maybe that was because MV were getting all the decisions their way.

I just don't get what staying away from games gets you. You miss out on supporting your team, and you contribute to falling crowds. And I don't see how trash talking the FFA helps either. Surely it's in all our best interests to talk up the league and the FFA and for crowds to be up.
mikeewanuk
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: The new Number 10
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: SHA LA LA

Postby mikeewanuk Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:21 am

If that game doesn’t bring the fans back, nothing will. Brilliant.
mikeewanuk
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: The new Number 10
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: SHA LA LA

Postby mikeewanuk Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:22 am

If that game doesn’t bring the fans back, nothing will. Brilliant.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:33 am

One thing that did surprise me was that Muscat wasn't abusing the ref all game ... but maybe that was because MV were getting all the decisions their way.

I just don't get what staying away from games gets you. You miss out on supporting your team, and you contribute to falling crowds. And I don't see how trash talking the FFA helps either. Surely it's in all our best interests to talk up the league and the FFA and for crowds to be up.
So what your saying is the governing body is above any reasonable criticism by consumers and they should be happy to pay for an inferior product from the ground up.

Thats not really how it works in a capitalist society.

The beautiful thing is everyone gets a say say by voting with their feet and wallet and it certainly seems like fans in this country are doing so.

Each to their own
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:36 am

I see 3 big teams in Victory, Wanderers and Roar all doing poorly this season.
I feel their influence on the league is what is driving down crowds. If they play poorly, people stop going, but it is compounded by the fact they are the 'big' clubs and the media pays more attention to them.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the east coast fans are saying "the league is stale", "crowds are down", etc.. because their teams are not getting results.
I believe the crowds are on the up at most Perth home games this year, but no one is talking about that.

Onto the game.
Foul count for victory was a joke, continue to get away with murder. It just makes the win all the more sweeter.
Garrucio's yellow was a joke, as well as the 7 mins stoppage time!
Great for the strikers to get on the score sheet. Izzo was huge tonight.
I agree above, FFA need to look at the games and appoint ref's accordingly.
We are UNITED, after all....
supsup

Postby supsup Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:54 am

“I love these boys. I love this squad.”

– Marco Kurz
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:07 am

Do we think there's any chance we appeal Garrucio's yellow ?? I would be asking for a please explain on the whole performance
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:13 am

Do we think there's any chance we appeal Garrucio's yellow ?? I would be asking for a please explain on the whole performance
Mrp cant review yellows.

Although they did review berishas yellow for shoving the ref ( how can that get missed during a game wtf ? ) so they have bent the rules already to save face , so who knows
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:50 pm

It doesn't matter who was best on ground, or who had a good game, or who was quiet, or how pro-filth the referee was, because - we beat the filth on their own deck!

Just imagine how the filth fans are feeling this morning - they know that their team is shite, their manager MustKill is shite, their tactics haven't changed in 3 years and every other team worked them out long ago and that they will only worsen this season. Milligan is the most overrated midfielder in the competition and he will be out for a long spell anyway, Berisha wanders around penalty boxes like Little Bo Peep and they only have superannuated squaddies like Broxham to come back. How wonderful will it be to watch them sink further and further this season?

For us, on the other hand, we have loads of improvement to come, with Lia and Johan to step back in either next week or the following one and Baba and Blackwood to now really take off. Great times ahead for us!
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:30 pm

The referee was bad. Missed so many yellow cards including for Gulum early on.

The penalty was a joke and so was the yellow card. It should have been play on.

The time wasting yellow card might have been technically there, although he did not seem to have held up play too much but yellow cards are not given for blatant time wasting the vast majority of the time. Perhaps it should change and time wasting should be brought under control by giving more yellow cards, but it made little sense.

Adlung was rightly sent off, about the only right thing Arms did, but it was the right decision. Adlung really should be more experienced than to go in for a tackle like that when on a yellow card, very disappointing from him.

Rhys Williams must be the most under carded player in the A-league this season. He is an excellent player, but it is really marring his reputation.
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:09 pm

Ghost i wonder if adlung even knew he had a yellow as VAR corrected the yellow during play.

I may have just missed it
offshorejack

Postby offshorejack Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:26 pm

Ghost i wonder if adlung even knew he had a yellow as VAR corrected the yellow during play.

he was shown the yellow & then in the next stoppage of play had it explained to him
offshorejack

Postby offshorejack Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:40 pm

Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:50 pm

The referee went up to him, spoke to him and showed him the card. It must have been clear he had a yellow even if he did not fully understand the reason.

EDIT: I should have looked at subsequent posts before replying, it has clearly been proven he was shown the yellow card
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:46 pm

Ahh there you go no excuses in isolation its a silly thing to do.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”