Matmour Out .... Cahill In?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Shane
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Matmour Out .... Cahill In?

Postby Shane Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:00 pm

:?
Shano. Red to the core.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Re: Matmour Out .... Cahill In?

Postby ChillyPhilly Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:31 pm

Club have already denied it. Who knows. InDaily say he might go to the UAE.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:50 pm

He will go where the money is, not where his best chances lay.

Disappointing but typical
Totally_Red

Postby Totally_Red Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Why would you not go where the money is. It's not like he has many years left. Timmy is smart it will be a balance between the two. Money and sufficient game time. I hope all works out for Timmy and our sake.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:07 pm

Why would you not go where the money is. It's not like he has many years left. Timmy is smart it will be a balance between the two. Money and sufficient game time. I hope all works out for Timmy and our sake.
I concur
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:21 pm

I don't think this would be something Kurtz would wish for.

But I could imagine Griffith thinking about the extra people/ cash Timmy could possibly bring on match day.

I am not so enamored about the idea of bringing him to Adelaide.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:36 pm

It depends on what you want out of it. If he was just honest about things and said "yep I'm going there for cash" I think people would have more respect.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:49 pm

I’m not sure why people are making TC out to be some sort of money grabbing mercenary. Sure he’s made the most out of his career financially and why shouldn’t he?
The fact is that for his age he hasn’t had that many clubs and has shown a fair amount of loyalty to most of them – the 8 years at Everton during his prime being a good example.
The guy has an ego the size of Ayers Rock but I can’t recall any reports of dressing room spats or attitude issues during his career. He’s been a model professional.

I don’t think there’s a cat in hell’s chance of him coming here but at the end of the day if he did I honestly believe the club would get as much out of it as he would, if not more.
A proven goal scorer, a boost to attendances, more media attention and an experienced, well-travelled pro passing on his knowledge to the youngsters.
otto62

Postby otto62 Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:54 pm

I can't disagree with any of that.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:02 pm

I’m not sure why people are making TC out to be some sort of money grabbing mercenary. Sure he’s made the most out of his career financially and why shouldn’t he?
The fact is that for his age he hasn’t had that many clubs and has shown a fair amount of loyalty to most of them – the 8 years at Everton during his prime being a good example.
The guy has an ego the size of Ayers Rock but I can’t recall any reports of dressing room spats or attitude issues during his career. He’s been a model professional.

I don’t think there’s a cat in hell’s chance of him coming here but at the end of the day if he did I honestly believe the club would get as much out of it as he would, if not more.
A proven goal scorer, a boost to attendances, more media attention and an experienced, well-travelled pro passing on his knowledge to the youngsters.
Very true.

I also very much doubt his next club will pay him what city were willing to pay him plus indorsements.

Its actually highly likely Cahill will actually take a pay cut to play regular so he can represent out country at the world cup.

So those calling him out havnt stopped 2 seconds to actually consider the situation.

He is a business man yes, however he also has the heart of a lion and surely deserves credit on that.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”