Matmour gone

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Reds4Life
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Matmour gone

Postby Reds4Life Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:38 pm

If he stays the Tim we know, then he goes to UAE but I'm not so sure.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:44 pm

Can’t play til January apparently:

From Twitter:
To clarify, Tim Cahill was signed to @MelbourneCity during last transfer window so isn't now a free agent. Can join any club now but only play once that club's transfer window opens, ie Oz Jan 3. Interestingly, UAE window opens next week
Thats not entirely true.

City group could release from his contract and we sign him. This has happened previously in the aleague.

Fifa closed the loophole with loaning players outside the transfer window.

If we cannot sign him right now that would assume city want to keep him for next season ( i very much doubt that ). It would also assume city want a transfer fee, trabsfer fees are included in the salary cap so thats also out.

Sign mcgree on load i say!!

We can make a very good case that a potential socceroo wc player is better playing weekly football for his club rather than going to an u23 tournament. I would think Mcgree himself may decline u23 selection if he can get club game time
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:50 pm

So cahill is now a free agent. All bets are off for aleague clubs unless there is some weird rule not allowing free agents to sign where they choose
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:03 pm

No, we don't think Bruce is the answer.
No one has said he is the answer but some of us really like him and I for one would welcome him back to the club.

That's all.
He would be a fantastic clubman, as he has always been, but a waste of a roster spot.

It's very small minded to say "He's a good bloke so let's have him back at the club". If we are in the business of winning and improving we don't want him at the club.
Small minded?
Sure, whatever you think.
Well it's not a good roster move
Hey everyone, let's have a Djite lovers v Djite haters war on the forum - it'll be just like old times :wink:
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:17 pm

No, we don't think Bruce is the answer.
No one has said he is the answer but some of us really like him and I for one would welcome him back to the club.

That's all.
He would be a fantastic clubman, as he has always been, but a waste of a roster spot.

It's very small minded to say "He's a good bloke so let's have him back at the club". If we are in the business of winning and improving we don't want him at the club.
Small minded?
Sure, whatever you think.
Well it's not a good roster move
Hey everyone, let's have a Djite lovers v Djite haters war on the forum - it'll be just like old times :wink:
I'm by no means a hater, he was great for us in the back end of our title run and will always be welcome at our club as far as I'm concerned.

If he wants to come back then you would have a look but we need to be aiming higher than that.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:14 pm

He and Baba might be a bit too similar in style, but can you imagine the damage the two of them would do up front together?
I don't think you could play both Baba and Djite in the side together except as a desperate move when searching for a goal at the end of a game, just like I don't think you can play either of them with Blackwood. Perhaps there is a way of getting one to come to the ball and the other to stay back which could work but I doubt it. Then again I am wrong lots of the time so I might be this time.
I am Scott
Futbol_Crazy21
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Re: RE: Re: Matmour gone

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:08 pm

He and Baba might be a bit too similar in style, but can you imagine the damage the two of them would do up front together?
I don't think you could play both Baba and Djite in the side together except as a desperate move when searching for a goal at the end of a game, just like I don't think you can play either of them with Blackwood. Perhaps there is a way of getting one to come to the ball and the other to stay back which could work but I doubt it. Then again I am wrong lots of the time so I might be this time.
I think it would suit a Kurz coached side. Two strong forwards who work hard off the ball to press defenders. When the ball is on one side, Diawara drops to hold the ball up and work with the wide players and an on running Isa/Adlung, leaving the other striker to focus on forward runs/goal scoring positions. Djite would do the same on the other side.

You would have the option of dropping them deep in midfield in a type of seige mode for when the team is getting pushed back. Then you have a block of 4 players who work hard to close down the middle of the pitch.

Forward transitions would take a bit of work to sort out. But i could see it working.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:22 am

I think it would suit a Kurz coached side. Two strong forwards who work hard off the ball to press defenders. When the ball is on one side, Diawara drops to hold the ball up and work with the wide players and an on running Isa/Adlung, leaving the other striker to focus on forward runs/goal scoring positions. Djite would do the same on the other side.

You would have the option of dropping them deep in midfield in a type of seige mode for when the team is getting pushed back. Then you have a block of 4 players who work hard to close down the middle of the pitch.

Forward transitions would take a bit of work to sort out. But i could see it working.
I agree, although it worked terribly on Friday night when Blackwood came on.
Ghost

Postby Ghost Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:30 pm

I agree, although it worked terribly on Friday night when Blackwood came on.
I thought Baba had a bit more freedom from close marking when Blackwood came on but Blackwood was terrible and overall Baba did not play very well. Hard to judge what can work or not work when both of them are not playing well.
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:17 pm

Finkler is now available.

Possibly a good option, little to no adjustment time, creative can play off baba as matmour did. Probably comes much cheaper than overseas options.

One of the only victory players who werent smug f’s
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:23 pm

Would take finkler in a heart beat now without matmour
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:25 pm

Better yet
Chris Ikonomidis

The 22-year-old has made just one appearance for SS Lazio, when he was a late substitute in a 2015 Europa League game. Ikonomidis has played 53 games for Lazio Primavera, while he’s also had loan stints at Serie B club Salernitana and Danish Superliga club AGF. Right now though, he’s back at Lazio, but not playing.
Season long loan?
Ghost

Postby Ghost Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:37 pm

I would take Finkler or Ikonomidis although they are two different players. Ikonomidis might be too left sided with us already having Absalonsen and Kitto, but he probably could play centrally.
I am Scott
supsup

Postby supsup Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:03 pm

Ikon is a winger. We’re in ther strange situation where we need another right sided wide player
supsup

Postby supsup Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:04 pm

Finkler as our #10? Only if he turned back the clock and with that kind of punt we should just get Celo back

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”