Matmour gone

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Ghost
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Re: Matmour gone

Postby Ghost Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:25 am

Good, this guy trotted around as if he'd run a marathon in the warm up.

Not a like for like but we ought to be looking at McGree on loan or Djite who i think is available.
I wonder if Brugge would be interested in loaning him back to AU given the stink the club kicked up about him going there? According to wiki he's yet to play a minute for their first team. I really question whether the move was worth it. I'd hate to see him drop off the radar.

One thing we should be thankful Matmour did for the club. Apparently he convinced Adlung to join!

Obviously not that this opens up a visa spot I think Kurz would be seeking out his contact in Europe so see who's interested in coming.
McGree has been playing regularly for the Club Brugge reserve/Under 23 team as far as I can tell so it is not like he is not playing at all. I have struggled to find many details although I know he scored a while back.
I am Scott
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:55 am

Im expecting a new signing to be announced next week.

The club could have stood firm on his contract and probably did until we had a suitable replacement.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
supsup

Postby supsup Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:24 am

We need a true number 10
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:37 pm

Someone that goes hard into contests in the middle of the park is exactly what we need. Too many players back out. We lose the 50/50 ball almost every time because our players are scared.
Ghost

Postby Ghost Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:42 pm

We need a true number 10
Absalonsen as a number 10, possible or am I mad.
He certainly is a clever creative player who we are missing massively. Then Kitto could stay on the left. New player could be a right winger.
I am Scott
supsup

Postby supsup Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:48 pm

Very hard to say until it’s tried, Ghost. Abso seems to me to be an out-and-out winger, and a good one at that. I’m not sure I’ve seen the touch, awareness and final ball from Abso but that’s because it feels like ages since I’ve seen him.

I disagree with other posters that we need another midfield battler, Isa and Adlung win their fair share of 50/50s. We need someone to play that killer ball, though I guess that depends a lot on our front three’s intelligent movement, and neither Baba or Blackwood are showing much in that regard. Abso/Mileu or Kitto/Mileu do okay in wide areas, it’s a striker and a #10 we need.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:22 pm

Very hard to say until it’s tried, Ghost. Abso seems to me to be an out-and-out winger, and a good one at that. I’m not sure I’ve seen the touch, awareness and final ball from Abso but that’s because it feels like ages since I’ve seen him.

I disagree with other posters that we need another midfield battler, Isa and Adlung win their fair share of 50/50s. We need someone to play that killer ball, though I guess that depends a lot on our front three’s intelligent movement, and neither Baba or Blackwood are showing much in that regard. Abso/Mileu or Kitto/Mileu do okay in wide areas, it’s a striker and a #10 we need.
We just need a quality 10 who has enough body strength to deal woth the physicality of the league.

I would assume Kurz knows a fair few in Germany
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:48 pm

Matmour hasn't been amazing but the side looked worse when he wasn't playing. A bigger issue is that there is no obvious replacement, even just from a fill-that-space sense.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:09 pm

Matmour hasn't been amazing but the side looked worse when he wasn't playing. A bigger issue is that there is no obvious replacement, even just from a fill-that-space sense.

Yes, I watched with interest when Blackwood came on for him last night to see who would play further forward - him or Diawara. It looked as if George was playing a bit deeper than Baba for the most part. I would have thought Baba's skill set would be more akin to a 10 than Blackwood's.

Perhaps a more withdrawn role for Baba would free him up a bit more and enable him to get into some better form. Otherwise I expect Konstandopolous would be the likely short term replacement, which would be a big ask for a youngster.

I believe Strain is a natural CM, but perhaps more of a CDM by the look of him.
Ghost

Postby Ghost Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:17 pm

Strain is a midfielder, he certainly fooled me. He was very good in the first half last night and looked like a player used to playing wide although he did cut inside a bit perhaps because he is more comfortable playing there.
I am Scott
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:21 pm

Yep it'sa djite type and a creative attacking midfielder that's missing for me. We have no link between strikers and the midfield when we attack, mileusnic is not good enough to be starting every week.
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:51 pm

Yep it'sa djite type and a creative attacking midfielder that's missing for me. We have no link between strikers and the midfield when we attack, mileusnic is not good enough to be starting every week.

Bruce was at the game as a special comments guy for Fox. He said that he enjoyed his time in Korea but would definitely be moving on to pastures new next season.

He also mentioned that he was at Daniel Adlung's place for a BBQ during the week.

Come home Brucie !!! :bow:
Ghost

Postby Ghost Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:54 pm

It would be great to have him back but whether the club can sign him might be problematic. Gulum already must count as a marquee, I guess Djite could come as a technical marquee as the second one if we don't have two already.
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:10 pm

Im not sure about looking for another striker.

Baba is quality, just going through a rough patch. However we need a 10.

Preferably not a winger/striker converted to a 10 which is what matmour was.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:39 pm

I would have Djite back any time. It would probably mean the end of Diawara or Blackwood at Adelaide though, (probably the former.) Also I suspect Djite would still harbour ambitions of a World Cup spot and be looking for a lot of playing time.

That said, he isn't a replacement for Matmour.
He also mentioned that he was at Daniel Adlung's place for a BBQ during the week.
He said he was at Isaias place and Adlung was mentioned

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”