Adelaide United v Sydney FC Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Bruuuuuuuuce
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Adelaide United v Sydney FC Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Bruuuuuuuuce Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:25 pm

Pathetic to do that at home. No crowds over 10k if we keep serving that up. Didnt look like wanting to score
I wouldnt say pathetic. We played sydney off the park just cant score.

Once we hit the target there will be good times ahead.

Feel like ive been saying this for years now lol something about adelaide teams
Because that happened last season.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:28 pm

Yeah, bianco must have broken a 100 mirrors before he left. Season after season we have the same issue
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:30 pm

Pathetic to do that at home. No crowds over 10k if we keep serving that up. Didnt look like wanting to score

If you read my post instead of going off half cocked as usual you will see that mostly my point.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:35 pm

Shocker of a game. Must say the boys seemed as frustrated as us fans. Really disappointed with mileusnic attitude. Had his head dropped and just gave up. Poor form from someone who is trying to break through and make it in the league.
otto62

Postby otto62 Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:39 pm

On form tonight on this forum:

"Matmour doesn't give us enough."
" What's the point of Matmour."
"Adling's crossing hasn't been good enough."
"Kitto has been excellent."

Matmour and Adlung substituted.

"Kurz has no idea. Why did he take off our best two creative players."

Then we get:
"We can't score, we never have been able to score, never since the NSL."
I must have imagined that season where we scored enough to win the league, it was so long ago ... 2 seasons ago.
Bruuuuuuuuce

Postby Bruuuuuuuuce Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:41 pm

If you read my post instead of going off half cocked as usual you will see that mostly my point.
Not going off at all. It's much easier to accept when you expect it.
Bruuuuuuuuce

Postby Bruuuuuuuuce Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:42 pm

Then we get:
I must have imagined that season where we scored enough to win the league, it was so long ago ... 2 seasons ago.
So you're living in the past? What's happened the last 36 weeks since the GF? How many goals have we scored in those 36 weeks? What happened almost a season and a half ago makes what difference to this season exactly?
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:59 pm

Baba is horribly out of form, when do we start looking elsewhere.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:17 pm

Yep the front third is clueless, wingers who get about 1 out of 10 crosses right. Two strikers who have scored 0 between them. We could have played another 90 minutes and there was only one team that would have scored, it ain't AU.
Mileusinic is frustrating because he could be anything but the reality is that he is an average player who is abysmal in front of goal and at crossing, not really a good recipe for success if your an attacker
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:54 am

Only watched the replay, could not watch it live.

Disappointing to give up a goal because Ocheing did not chase, I thought he was poor defensively on Wilkshire a number of other times as well, strange for a player who is a full back. Elsey giving the ball up to gift Sydney possession was also very poor especially as he had read the play well to get the ball in the first place.

I thought Strain looked like an A-league player but does not have the endurance to last a game at A-league level at the moment. His crossing is probably the best in the team not that it is a very high achievement seeing no one in the team can cross.
Gulum also faded badly, his passing was terrible at the end of the game, I wonder how much training he was been doing. I suspect he has been just getting through games, or was just getting through games after his injury without much work in between.

The major problem is up front, Baba is doing some okay hold up play, but is not even getting close to looking like scoring. He was up against two pretty good CBs tonight but I want more from him. Blackwood did nothing when he came on although his presence gave Baba a bit more room to pass the ball but it never did anything.

The way Kurz is playing Miluesnic, a very narrow player to allow the full back to overlap, means he has to be a goal scorer and he is not convincing in front of goal. While he has scored a few this season he has wasted probably triple that number of chances that must be scored almost every time or at least bring up excellent stops by the goalkeeper.
I am Scott
otto62

Postby otto62 Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:35 pm

Then we get:
So you're living in the past? What's happened the last 36 weeks since the GF? How many goals have we scored in those 36 weeks? What happened almost a season and a half ago makes what difference to this season exactly?
I'd rather remember our past successes rather than erase them like some on here. All just so they can have a crack at the club.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:44 pm

If you fail to remember the Championship and still let it bring joy then what is the point of following the team?
I am Scott
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Last night highlighted more than a few serious problems with the team at present. That being said, we played extremely well in the back and middle thirds for much of the match and losing 1-0 to Sydney is no disaster. We should never ignore the good but we have to recognise the real problems.

Without doubt we're just rubbish up front. Baba is going nowhere and the early season promise of Blackwood has come to nothing. He looks bereft of confidence and clueless about positioning. I don't think our 'isolated striker' plan works for either of them, largely because we rarely have anyone running off them and our build up is so slow that they are constantly double-teamed and out-muscled. Last night we threw long balls forward with no effect and despite a few very decent crosses (Kitto did well) we have no-one very good in the air. Yes, Mileusnic should have buried his header but they're just as easy to miss and he's hardly our go-to man in the box. Again and again we sprayed balls too far forward and out wide, simply giving Sydney the chance to regroup at the back. The lovely interplay we have in the middle of the pitch (sometimes) seems to be thrown out the window when we're attacking and we simply don't seem to trust that anyone in the front third can receive the ball, turn and shoot while under pressure. We genuinely didn't look like scoring in the second half and we must remember that Sydney also missed two one-on-ones with the keeper that they should have buried. We never got that close.

Our midfield looks fine most of the time but I am amazed that we substitute two experienced, highly-paid professionals in the second half when they're both contributing. I don't understand the attacks on Matmour. He had a great first half and was still contributing when he was subbed. Strain, who had done brilliantly, was cramping up and could hardly walk - let alone run - and was left hanging while these two older, more experienced players had an early shower. What was the manager thinking? What was he watching?

While talking about Kurz, I'd love to hear the explanation for taking Kitto - our only in form goal-scorer - and sitting him at the back. Ochieng up and Kitto back? When no-one else even looks like scoring. Of course. Why not? I recognise that with two fullbacks not starting we have to improvise but the team selection was bizarre.

Elsey continues to impress and Gulum is class but they both turned off completely for the goal. It was a sensational cutback but centre-backs have to be aware that might happen. We can't blame them for the last breakaway as we were chasing the game but the first one-on-one with the keeper was also a brain fade. Two brain fades a game makes any match hard to win. Impossible if we can't get a shot on target at the other end.

I sat with mates who have been watching the Reds for years and it just felt sadly and dishearteningly familiar. Dominate play, look clever, lift expectations, concede, lose cohesion, lose. The fact we only had 7000 last night can partly be blamed on the weather but another major part of it is that it's just not much fun watching the Reds this year. We don't know the players well. We have little connection with the manager. The club continues to treat the fans as if we really don't matter. And we simply don't play exciting football. I say all this knowing that we made the FFA Cup final after taking out A-League opposition and that we were sitting 4th last week. The facts suggest that things aren't so bad. If that's so why does it all seem so bloody pointless at the moment?

Who do we rally behind? Isaias? Great player but...? We've lost our characters and our team identity. Even the Red Army seemed a bit over it all last night. There are plenty of teams around the world who lose a LOT but they survive because they have an identity and the fans know they 'belong' to the club. Adelaide United seem to be moving even further from that idea than before - and let's face it they've never been warm and fuzzy. Yes, we won only two years ago and we should be grateful. Yes, I still love nights at Hindmarsh. I'm just starting to think that I don't know the team I support and that they don't know each other. Dangerous days in my opinion.

But nothing that a string of 8 wins wouldn't sort out! (Exits singing happy songs.....)
MartinAUFC
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isiais
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: UUUNNNIIITTTEEEDDD!!!!!

Postby MartinAUFC Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:29 pm

Last night highlighted more than a few serious problems with the team at present. That being said, we played extremely well in the back and middle thirds for much of the match and losing 1-0 to Sydney is no disaster. We should never ignore the good but we have to recognise the real problems.

Without doubt we're just rubbish up front. Baba is going nowhere and the early season promise of Blackwood has come to nothing. He looks bereft of confidence and clueless about positioning. I don't think our 'isolated striker' plan works for either of them, largely because we rarely have anyone running off them and our build up is so slow that they are constantly double-teamed and out-muscled. Last night we threw long balls forward with no effect and despite a few very decent crosses (Kitto did well) we have no-one very good in the air. Yes, Mileusnic should have buried his header but they're just as easy to miss and he's hardly our go-to man in the box. Again and again we sprayed balls too far forward and out wide, simply giving Sydney the chance to regroup at the back. The lovely interplay we have in the middle of the pitch (sometimes) seems to be thrown out the window when we're attacking and we simply don't seem to trust that anyone in the front third can receive the ball, turn and shoot while under pressure. We genuinely didn't look like scoring in the second half and we must remember that Sydney also missed two one-on-ones with the keeper that they should have buried. We never got that close.

Our midfield looks fine most of the time but I am amazed that we substitute two experienced, highly-paid professionals in the second half when they're both contributing. I don't understand the attacks on Matmour. He had a great first half and was still contributing when he was subbed. Strain, who had done brilliantly, was cramping up and could hardly walk - let alone run - and was left hanging while these two older, more experienced players had an early shower. What was the manager thinking? What was he watching?

While talking about Kurz, I'd love to hear the explanation for taking Kitto - our only in form goal-scorer - and sitting him at the back. Ochieng up and Kitto back? When no-one else even looks like scoring. Of course. Why not? I recognise that with two fullbacks not starting we have to improvise but the team selection was bizarre.

Elsey continues to impress and Gulum is class but they both turned off completely for the goal. It was a sensational cutback but centre-backs have to be aware that might happen. We can't blame them for the last breakaway as we were chasing the game but the first one-on-one with the keeper was also a brain fade. Two brain fades a game makes any match hard to win. Impossible if we can't get a shot on target at the other end.

I sat with mates who have been watching the Reds for years and it just felt sadly and dishearteningly familiar. Dominate play, look clever, lift expectations, concede, lose cohesion, lose. The fact we only had 7000 last night can partly be blamed on the weather but another major part of it is that it's just not much fun watching the Reds this year. We don't know the players well. We have little connection with the manager. The club continues to treat the fans as if we really don't matter. And we simply don't play exciting football. I say all this knowing that we made the FFA Cup final after taking out A-League opposition and that we were sitting 4th last week. The facts suggest that things aren't so bad. If that's so why does it all seem so bloody pointless at the moment?

Who do we rally behind? Isaias? Great player but...? We've lost our characters and our team identity. Even the Red Army seemed a bit over it all last night. There are plenty of teams around the world who lose a LOT but they survive because they have an identity and the fans know they 'belong' to the club. Adelaide United seem to be moving even further from that idea than before - and let's face it they've never been warm and fuzzy. Yes, we won only two years ago and we should be grateful. Yes, I still love nights at Hindmarsh. I'm just starting to think that I don't know the team I support and that they don't know each other. Dangerous days in my opinion.

But nothing that a string of 8 wins wouldn't sort out! (Exits singing happy songs.....)
Great post :bow:
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:55 am

This post is spot on

The issue of club identity, of supporters actually feeling like they have something to hold on to when supporting their football team, is something that gets lost a bit in the business of football ...
this is doubly compounded in a league like ours where so much of what happens is centrally determined & constrained by the governing body.

For mine the dismantling of the squad straight after the GF win was really deflating. If young blokes like Kamau & Mauk are immediately sniffing around to move somewhere else, and the club is so happy to get rid of cult heroes like Pablo, why should the supporters even give a damn?
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”