Preview: AUFC v Sydney 1.12.17

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Baresi79
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isias

Re: Preview: AUFC v Sydney 1.12.17

Postby Baresi79 Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:11 am

It will be interesting if Sydney are 1 goal down with 5 minutes to go and have all the momentum whether balls kicked into the crowd might not come back........
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:20 am

I wonder if they suspended him for the sydney game just to ensure there are no square ups with simon.
That would have been difficult as Simon is also suspended.
Ahh thats right.

Suspended for reacting less than he did against marrone while not starting a melee.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:06 am

I wonder if they suspended him for the sydney game just to ensure there are no square ups with simon.
That would have been difficult as Simon is also suspended.
Ahh thats right.

Suspended for reacting less than he did against marrone while not starting a melee.
But, but, but, but he was defending that innocent harmless little ball boy who was being wildly attacked by a enraged adult.

And he plays for Sydney.
I am Scott
Interloper

Postby Interloper Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:14 pm

Interesting from the quotes that the suspension seems to have taken the improper actions of the ballboy into account. Hard to argue with their logic.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:41 pm

Is it possible to say adlungs name without wanting to yell “Adluuuuuuuuuung” its been done so many times just like “aloiiisi!” From the 06 world cup that it seems to be burned in my brain
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:57 pm

9:50am kick off Central European time.

Come On United!!!

3 more points please!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:13 am

3 more points please!

If nothing else it would be nice to upset the lazy mantra from the East Coast media.
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:41 am

I'm still pretty disturbed at the Marrone thing and how that went down and his subsequent suspension. I'm also upset that he's just taken the unfair consequenses and that the club is not appealing the stupid disciplinary panel decision and the whole way this was handled.
The only thing that will make me happy again is for SydneyFC to barely get their hands or feet on the ball on Friday night. I'd like the ballkids to never give them the ball when it goes out of play and to instead sit on it and blow them raspberries. I'd like AU to play them off the park and barely give them a touch and I'd like the crowd to souvenir every ball that goes into the stands and when there's no more balls to play with, everyone heads down to the beach for beers and a kick-about with the match balls except Sydney coz they're not invited. They'll also have to catch the tram into the city afterwards and a bus to the airport as their coach driver has gone down to the beach too and the cabbies refuse to touch them.
Screw you ffa, I'm over you, you're wrecking the game I love and certainly not building it. You don't represent football people which is meant to be your purpose. See ya later.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:05 pm

Marrone's suspension is fair enough IMO, and the correct penalty.
He didn't do anything *morally* wrong but there is really no other outcome to be expected when a player manhandles a ballboy IRRESPECTIVE of whether the kid was in the wrong (which, obviously, he was).
Matt Simon charging in after the fact is a yellow card offence, nothing more (happens all the frickin time in football).

Surely the ballboy will be reprimanded separately, but that's not our issue, and the last thing I want is for our ball kids to cheat and have this whole stupid thing dragged out even longer.

Time to move on.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:14 pm

By the sounds if it absalonsen and Lia could be on the bench, Reagan as started full training.

Personally id rather konsta stays above Lia in the midfield hierachy. Lia was great but Konsta offers greater potential going forward.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:08 pm

Love to see a Sydney throw in where the ball boy waits till the Sydney player approaches and then turns around and throws the ball into the crowd. Only has to happen once, right near the start of the game when it won't have an impact on the outcome. Just done slowly and obviously and deliberately.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:19 pm

Lia in the squad, no absalonsen
Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Adelaide United squad: 1.Daniel MARGUSH (gk), 6.Vince LIA, 7.Ryan KITTO, 8.ISAÍAS (c), 9.Baba DIAWARA, 10.Karim MATMOUR, 12.Mark OCHIENG, 14.George BLACKWOOD, 16.Nathan KONSTANDOPOULOS, 17.Nikola MILEUSNIC, 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 22.Ersan GÜLÜM, 23.Jordan ELSEY, 24.Jordan O’DOHERTY, 25.Apostolos STAMATELOPOULOS, 28.Kristin KONSTANDOPOULOS, 29.Ryan STRAIN, 37.Daniel ADLUNG
Lia back & K.Konsta gets the call up, so Warland dropped.
Nice to see O'Dog and Stamatelopoulos in the squad again too.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:33 pm

Odd move to make to drop Warland. Inexperienced LB & RB in Strain and (presumably) Ochieng, plus Gulum still (for me) underdone and an injury risk, and no central defender on the bench.
Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:10 pm

Kristin Konstandopoulos played at least a little bit at CB in preseason games I think so maybe that's the plan if a central defender goes down. Very inexperienced but I guess Kurz has faith, and you have to start somewhere..

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”