Adelaide United v WS Wanderers Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Adelaide United v WS Wanderers Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby sevengoals Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:05 am

VAR = Ad breaks through the back door.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Old Gregg
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:12 am

Didn't think of that aspect of it, but wouldn't be surprised.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:33 am

I’m reading now what VAR can adjudicate on and I’m at a loss as to how Garuccio was sent off.

Sure it could easily have been a red but the referee has given a yellow for it.

None of these scenarios apply IMO.

Edit: must be option 3 - the ref has deemed that “not sending off” Garuccio was “clearly wrong”.

In any case, very subjective.

Source: FIFA.com
Also from that it should have been used when Melling avoided a yellow and it was given to Riera* (Might have been someone else but thing it was him) in the first half.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:40 am

Complaints about the time used on VAR underestimate the amount of time actually wasted in games in general. FIFA needs a well funded and publicised campaign just to try and eek out 60 minutes of actual game out of 90.

Also, the only incorrect call last night was the failure to penalise Diawara near the start, yet it has got the least attention
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:48 am

I’m reading now what VAR can adjudicate on and I’m at a loss as to how Garuccio was sent off.

Edit: must be option 3 - the ref has deemed that “not sending off” Garuccio was “clearly wrong”.

This was supposedly the reason var could not send off berisha i believe.

Mrp then broke the rules and sighted him for it despite the ref having dealt with it by giving a yellow.

Just make it up as you go along fellas!

VAR for goal line only!

Can anyone tell me what happens if a player scores or commits a red card offense during a VAR review and play is then taken back?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:03 am

Complaints about the time used on VAR underestimate the amount of time actually wasted in games in general. FIFA needs a well funded and publicised campaign just to try and eek out 60 minutes of actual game out of 90.

Also, the only incorrect call last night was the failure to penalise Diawara near the start, yet it has got the least attention
It is not just about the time it takes, but it also removes a lot of the spontaneity of football, which for me is one of the main drawcards of the game, that anything can happen at any given moment in one instant. Now the system is:
Player brought down, penalty! Celebrate!
Then opposition players complain to the ref
They realise they can call for the VAR
Ref waits a minute to decide and then eventually calls for it and stands in the middle of the pitch
Another minute goes by as he gets word from the fourth official
The ref runs over and watches a mini tv, something that looks so unprofessional it is actually laughable
He runs back and finds the guy, taking another minute and generally still makes the incorrect call
You give a little 'whey' as they renounce the penalty
The penalty taker is disadvantaged as he had to wait 3 minutes for a decision to be made

Too long, if it must be in place then it should just be the fourth official controlling the VAR or a separate person controlling it, the ref shouldn't even factor into the decision they should just receive the word from 'upstairs' so it can happen quicker.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:19 am

VAR = Ad breaks through the back door.
Seems awfully like American football...
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:37 am

This was supposedly the reason var could not send off berisha i believe.

Mrp then broke the rules and sighted him for it despite the ref having dealt with it by giving a yellow.

Just make it up as you go along fellas!

VAR for goal line only!

Can anyone tell me what happens if a player scores or commits a red card offense during a VAR review and play is then taken back?
Re Berisha- surely if he should have been sent off it’s an obvious error? Therefore the VAR can intervene and send him off?

Say a player blatantly headbutts someone behind play and all refs miss it but it’s caught on camera - surely VAR can adjudicate.

In any case there is too much ambiguity and the refs clearly haven’t fully grasped the rules.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: Adelaide United v WS Wanderers Match Day Jamboree!!![emoji767]

Postby bpowell454 Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:48 am

Going by the rules as I understand them, the VAR shoule not be able to result in a yellow card (ie flakes) because it is not a red card error. It should either be a straight red and penalty or just a penalty with no card.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:21 pm

It is not just about the time it takes, but it also removes a lot of the spontaneity of football, which for me is one of the main drawcards of the game, that anything can happen at any given moment in one instant. Now the system is:
Player brought down, penalty! Celebrate!
Then opposition players complain to the ref
They realise they can call for the VAR
Ref waits a minute to decide and then eventually calls for it and stands in the middle of the pitch
Another minute goes by as he gets word from the fourth official
The ref runs over and watches a mini tv, something that looks so unprofessional it is actually laughable
He runs back and finds the guy, taking another minute and generally still makes the incorrect call
You give a little 'whey' as they renounce the penalty
The penalty taker is disadvantaged as he had to wait 3 minutes for a decision to be made

Too long, if it must be in place then it should just be the fourth official controlling the VAR or a separate person controlling it, the ref shouldn't even factor into the decision they should just receive the word from 'upstairs' so it can happen quicker.
The current system if having a video review to decide whether to have a second video review is absurd. But the delay is barely noticeable compared to other things that also delay the game and break up spontaneity.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:09 pm

I hear that the SA Sports Minister has criticized Adelaide United and their fans for not being able to fill Hindmarsh.

Here we go.
They are opening up another front.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:49 pm

I hear that the SA Sports Minister has criticized Adelaide United and their fans for not being able to fill Hindmarsh.

Here we go.
They are opening up another front.

B)
Do you mean the drunken womaniser who likes to be called “Rooster”? He really is a buffoon and I usually disregard his antics, however, he has a point. What has happened to the crowd?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:12 pm

Not directly related but apparently our capacity at Hindmarsh has been reduced to 14,500???
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:29 pm

I would like to know why, that is a lot of seats to lose.
I am Scott
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:40 pm

They definitely lost some seats when they changed to the red seats but I think the bigger issue is they won't sell standing only tickets anymore.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”