Sydney FC v Adelaide United FFA Cup Final Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Sydney FC v Adelaide United FFA Cup Final Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby otto62 Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:54 pm

What happened to supsup between when we equalised and when Sydney went ahead again. One minute he's slagging off our players for being sh!t, the next minute he's gone? I was looking forward to his astute commentary on our equaliser.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:55 am

Until the Marrone red card. I was going to make the point that Gulum's interview at half-time of extra-time was one of the more bizarre things I'd seen, particularly with the subsequent yellow.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:57 am

Geez that was one that we could of snatched. The amount of times we wasted great build up play with rubbish final balls and crosses to no one (its like we have Iain Ramsey out there every time a cross is needed) not to mention wasteful finishing was ridiculous. The lack of quality to Baba is sad because he has shown he is deadly in the air.
Great game for the fans, pity we lost but head high for the fight shown.

And on Marrone, he had a shocker all game and seemed mentally adrift, so the ball boy incident kind of capped off a pretty ordinary night for him. It was bizarrre to say the least but not malicious, however certainly stupid.
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:30 am

Interesting that this Tweet from Fox Sports was shown in the SMH article, but the Tweet no longer exists.

Even Fox Sports realised it was inappropriate, so they deleted it. Couldn’t bring themselves to condemn the behaviour though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:42 am

99% of Twitter is actually saying the ball boy is a cheat.

I expect Marrone’s red card to be possibly overturned or a minimum suspension of 1 game given.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:42 am

Interesting that this Tweet from Fox Sports was shown in the SMH article, but the Tweet no longer exists.

Even Fox Sports realised it was inappropriate, so they deleted it. Couldn’t bring themselves to condemn the behaviour though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They’re now saying the ball boy was cheeky.

Disgraceful.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:51 am

The FFA seemingly condoning the behaviour of this kid highlights how out of touch they really are. They need to make a statement ASAP, Marrone was in the wrong but this kid created the situation intentionally.

Intentionally break the rules, disrupt the game and get rewarded and celebrated by the FFA.

I think they should ban him from ball boy duties, not to punish him (he is just a kid after all) but to try and stamp this out so it doesn't happen again.

If Marrone gets more than Berisha it'll be a joke.Image
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:34 am

there's really nothing in it. tensions are high in extra time, the kid (presumably a Sydney fan) makes a split second decision to benefit his team ... not a sensible thing to do.
Marrone, wanting to play on quickly, decides to try to physically grab the ball of the kid .. again, not a sensible thing to do.
Simon, seeing the kerfuffle, jumps in ... understandable given the emotion of the time, but again not very sensible.

Sydney FC (& by extension Fox) lionising the kid after the game is really not on though.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:41 am

Now that I've slept on it, it's hard to begrudge Sydney the win. They were better for most of the game (but not particularly great), they finished their chances, and on balance we probably had the run of the referee decisions.
mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:58 am

there's really nothing in it. tensions are high in extra time, the kid (presumably a Sydney fan) makes a split second decision to benefit his team ... not a sensible thing to do.
Marrone, wanting to play on quickly, decides to try to physically grab the ball of the kid .. again, not a sensible thing to do.
Simon, seeing the kerfuffle, jumps in ... understandable given the emotion of the time, but again not very sensible.

Sydney FC (& by extension Fox) lionising the kid after the game is really not on though.
This is the only thing about it that annoyed me.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:02 am

The game could have gone either way IMO. We both had our moments and ultimately we didn't make enough of our chances.

Still, with a few key players still out, at the home of a team that hasn't lost there in a long time I think we really took the game to them in a way not many have the last couple of years. If we can sort out our deficiencies (and that's a big if) we could be a force come the end of the season.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:03 am

If Simon did not react the way he did, marrone helps the kids up pats him on the shoulder for his nice simulation and life goes on.

Instead Matt simon comes running in and elevates the situation. I believe he grabbed marrone by the throat? Suddeny the benches are cleared and the refs over react to a situation they probably did not see.

The MRP need to look at simon and if FFA uphold the finding that Marrone purposely tackled the ballboy then they need to forward a complaint to the police. Actually even violent conduct should be forwarded to the police given it was a child so theres a chance this may just be a one match ban for unsporting conduct. Otherwise FFA back themselves into a very tricky corner

Onto the game, anyone could have won it as both teams were wasteful. We have nothing to fear from any team in the aleague now. We have played good football against the top 3 and only our finishing has been our undoing.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ozisnowman

Postby ozisnowman Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:43 am

People need to have a better look at the replay the Ball Boy hesitates to give the ball back and turns his back. Marrone tries to hug the boy and get the ball, but the clumsly - cheeky sod then trips over his own to feet making the whole thing look much worse that it was.

Its not like Marrone did an Eric Cantona on the kid.

Either way the whole game was to be expected Cheats FC playing in their home town, only have to play 1 or 2 A-League Teams to get there are rewarded by the FFA again. This is another reason that FIFA need to grab the FFA by the balls and kick them out and replace the running of the A-League by an independent board. The FFA's blatant and biased support of east coast teams is destroying the game in Australia and there is no growth on the horizon.

Adelaide United FC got hammered in the Melbourne Victory and the Western Sydney Wanderers games with numerous players going down with injuries with hardly a yellow card in sight for send off offences. The FFA is showing its true colours and that it doesnt care about the us, the stability / health of the league its only cares about its own self interest and corporate dollars from sydney and melbourne. Adelaide, Perth and Wellington are there to make up the numbers, thus the reason for no Tassie Team, no Canberra Team, No second teams in WA, SA or a team from NT etc.

Adelaide, Perth and Wellington should quit the league and form there own competition with whomever else wants an fair and even league without this bias nonsense from the FFA and its crony referees.

Wont be going to any games anytime soon and certainly wont be getting a membership may as well stick to watching Premier League on Optus Sports.
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:49 am

^ If you get your panties in such a bunch over a loss then you know what, we dont want you.
Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:59 am

yep - and it's not like we were robbed by the officials. Sydney should have had a pen for handball and Elsey should have seen red for his lunge. We were beaten fair & square.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”