Sydney FC v Adelaide United FFA Cup Final Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ozisnowman
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Sydney FC v Adelaide United FFA Cup Final Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby ozisnowman Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:07 pm

^ If you get your panties in such a bunch over a loss then you know what, we dont want you.
Lowey will invite you to his Christmas party your just the type of supporter they like one that doesn't complain regardless of how much shit is being shoveled your way.

I was not complaining about the loss its more the constant blind eye the FFA has to salary cap rorts by WSW, SFC, MVC, MCY, BRI and substandard/biased refereeing week in week out (not this game specifically)
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:24 pm

^ If you get your panties in such a bunch over a loss then you know what, we dont want you.
Lowey will invite you to his Christmas party your just the type of supporter they like one that doesn't complain regardless of how much shit is being shoveled your way.

I was not complaining about the loss its more the constant blind eye the FFA has to salary cap rorts by WSW, SFC, MVC, MCY, BRI and substandard/biased refereeing week in week out (not this game specifically)
While i agree with you that the media abd league are becoming more east coast centric/ biased year on year, i cant really find much evidence to say people are actually corrupt or that teams are getting away with breaking the cap.

I get where you are coming from though, its getting very hard to take the league seriously or even care that much, the trouble is im already attatched to my club
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
supsup

Postby supsup Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:04 pm

Handbags in the forum to match the game :D

Who was it that was asking where I'd disappeared to after Mileusnic finally scored? Bahaha. I guess saying our wingers can't cross to save their lives (they can't) is too much for the defensive pissant brain to handle :mrgreen:

Sydney deserved the win. We had every chance to steal it :?
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:36 pm

So according to Gulum the ball boy said he couldnt throw the ball because he had a cramp in his leg.

Marrone goes to get the ball and suddenly cramp is gone ball boy turns his back and takes a tumble.

Going to be real interesting when sfc come here what the crowd may try pressure the ball boys to do lol
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:38 pm

Finally back home.

What a terrible outcome, bar a few positives - we're the first away team to score in a Cup final, and we generally played well. We should have stolen it in the first period of AET - Ochieng's chance in particular went begging.

The talking point is the disgraceful conduct of the ballboy and Sydney's subsequent glorification of him doing the wrong thing. Very poor standards and ethics.

Good away turnout, average atmosphere. The funniest part was the effort of Sydneysiders to get to the match. 13,000! Deplorable! What an embarrassment to the league they are.

Here's a selection of images. I regret not taking a few extras, like where some fans met before the game.

Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:44 pm

Had to wait till today to watch the game.
Pretty proud of the lads it was a good game and both sides deserved to win.

I have to laugh at the ball boy incident. If I was ever in the position to actively help AU win a final I'd do the same thing.
Time to Djbate!
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:06 pm

yep - and it's not like we were robbed by the officials. Sydney should have had a pen for handball and Elsey should have seen red for his lunge. We were beaten fair & square.
Which incident do you think should have been a penalty for handball, Marrone or Gulum?
I am Scott
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:55 pm

@ChillyPhilly

Thanks for uploading the photos!

It's typical Australian, celebrating the larrakin.

But imagine this happening at a game between South Melbourne and Melbourne Knights FC?
Farken media frenzy...

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:19 pm

PFA has slammed ffa for putting marrone up before the MRP , particularly without simon even getting a mention.

How often do we see players taking the ball out of ball boys hands during a game, going to be interesting the next time a player does this, though i presume the kid isnt a turd and matt simon is not on the pitch.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:10 pm

Glad the PFA are doing the right thing.

Across the fanbase throughout the league, nearly all are backing Marrone - the ones who aren't are a small contingent of biased Sydney FC fans.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Sydney FC v Adelaide United FFA Cup Final Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby bpowell454 Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:51 pm

Across the fanbase throughout the league, nearly all are backing Marrone - the ones who aren't are a small contingent of biased Sydney FC fans.
Exactly, but the FFA is so out of touch that they cant see how things like this alienates the dwindling fan base that the A-league has. If you have 95% of football supporters in this country agreeing on something, why do the opposite?

Is it because they care too much about how they are perceived by non-football people? Start giving a fuck about the people actually supporting the sport and the league.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:00 pm

Exactly, but the FFA is so out of touch that they cant see how things like this alienates the dwindling fan base that the A-league has. If you have 95% of football supporters in this country agreeing on something, why do the opposite?

Is it because they care too much about how they are perceived by non-football people? Start giving a fuck about the people actually supporting the sport and the league.

You have said it!

It has always been about appeasing the non-football people.
When will they realise, that to the rest of Oz, we are still the "wogs" playing that un-Australian game, "wogball".

Fark the FFA.
Get them out!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Interloper

Postby Interloper Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:36 pm

I predict no further suspension other than the 1 match ban for the (deserved) red.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:09 am

I don’t think even the red was deserved but hoping for only the minimum.

The incident with the ball boy in the EPL attracted a 3 game suspension so I guess worse case scenario Marrone gets 3 weeks total.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:14 am

I don’t think even the red was deserved but hoping for only the minimum.

The incident with the ball boy in the EPL attracted a 3 game suspension so I guess worse case scenario Marrone gets 3 weeks total.
Hazard did actually kick at that kid though, I think that was a worse situation.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”