Sack Kurz

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: Sack Kurz

Postby sevengoals Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:37 pm

Sack Kurz?

No way.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:57 pm

Would be a dumb move.

We have played reasonably good football given we have missed matmour, absalonsen , lia , gulum and baba for the majority of our tough period.

The only reason im even in this thread is to see what Ghosts new new account name will be once the dust settles.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Ghost
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:46 pm

Would be a dumb move.

We have played reasonably good football given we have missed matmour, absalonsen , lia , gulum and baba for the majority of our tough period.

The only reason im even in this thread is to see what Ghosts new new account name will be once the dust settles.
I will be around as Ghost for longer than Kurz will be coach of Adelaide.
I have gone early but I will be proven right.
I am Scott
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:59 pm

Early all right.

Was undefeated and took us to the FFA Cup final.

2 no-nonsense CBs go down, followed by our best winger, followed by an experienced DM, combined with Baba struggling for fitness.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:38 pm

All this run has shown is that the depth of the squad is not up to it, squad has too much inexperience. To call for Kurz to be sacked at this stage of the season and with half of his best senior players injured for 3-4 weeks each is refelctive of someone who has little idea about how football works with that aspect in mind.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:59 pm

6 of our starting 11 - everyone is forgetting Elrich. It's not just about age, it's also about inexperience. We've had to bring in a bunch of younger (if not young) players with much less experience than the players we've lost.

There's no indication the players aren't playing for Kurz. A stupid individual error cost us again today. I do agree though that by the time we get our best players back (and fit, not like Baba today who was running at about 60%) it may be too late for anything other than barely scraping into the finals.
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:18 am

Injuries are only part of it. The mass clear out from last season is where it started. It's unrealistic to expect everything to gel straight away even if the start of this season had been smoother.
Harry Cripps
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Daniel Margush

Postby Harry Cripps Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:24 am

This is my first post on here but I have been reading comments for a long time and I have decided to register and comment because some posters are just too one eyed.
Ghost is one of the most level headed posters on this site yet his opinion is derided by those with one eye.
The truth is that Kurz is not a good tactician and relies on old school tactics.
Should he be sacked? Maybe
Would Adelaide United be a better club without Greg Griffin controlling everything? 100%
The Claw

Postby The Claw Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:09 am

Greg Griffin has been and continues to be he main problem at AU, hence sacking another coach will achieve zilch.
As an aside, you may be interested to know that Marveggio who is having financial difficulties and is a part owner of AU, has legal action brought against him being led by none other than ....Greg Griffin. So if that does not give you all some indication of how things are running behind the scenes at AU, then nothing will. Dont know too many successful clubs that have the ongoing behind the scenes turmoil like AU has.
I refuse to blame a coach six weeks into a season with half a team on the park with all that has gone before him since the GF win.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:40 am

Would be a dumb move.

Got my answer
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:42 am

I know a lot of people think GG is the problem - and he probably is for all I know - but he has been here for our most successful period:
-FFA Cup win
-Premiership
-Championship

For those asking for his head - and nothing wrong with that if you’re in the know (I personally am not) - who do we get to replace him?

Not as if there is a whole line up of people waiting out front of Hindmarsh with a bag full of cash to take over.
The Claw

Postby The Claw Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:52 am

I'll put it this way, with GG there, most definitely wont be anyone trying to become a part owner with him invloved. Its a rare talent to be disliked by pretty much everyone.
The problem is that he asked the supposed Chinese buyers for $20 million when the club is worth about half. A Narcissist and delusional is a hell of a combo....
Ghost

Postby Ghost Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:58 am

I do not want Kurz sacked.

This thread was made while I was in a bad mental place yesterday.

I apologise for my stupidity in posting here when I was in a bad mental place.
I am Scott
Ghost

Postby Ghost Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:59 am

Would be a dumb move.

You are right, it would be a dumb move.
I am Scott
EdDog

Sack Kurz

Postby EdDog Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:01 am

This is my first post on here but I have been reading comments for a long time and I have decided to register and comment because some posters are just too one eyed.
Ghost is one of the most level headed posters on this site yet his opinion is derided by those with one eye.
The truth is that Kurz is not a good tactician and relies on old school tactics.
Should he be sacked? Maybe
Would Adelaide United be a better club without Greg Griffin controlling everything? 100%
Welcome!

Re: Kurz - I don’t mind his old school tactics. We played some great disciplined football in the opening rounds of the HAL and the FFA Cup.

Sure it may not be as attractive but it was getting results.

For an Adelaide United team who is never going to be able to go toe-to-toe with the big boys SFC and MV with their investment in players, it’s probably not a bad idea to have some pragmatism in the coaching ranks.

Looking at CCM who just don’t have the players to pull off their passing game (albeit a great recent win over SFC) I’m glad we have Kurz on board. They lost 3-0 to Newy last week.

That first 35 minutes from us yesterday was utter domination (with half a squad out).

If we can do that for a bigger chunk of the game then I think we will all be happy.

More experienced players will be able to, not only protect a lead like that, but steady the ship when the opposition naturally come back into the game (hard to dominate for a full 90mins in the HAL).

Don’t consider that to be one eyed but a balanced view considering our injuries.

Again if we see the same pattern emerge when everyone is fit then I’ll change my tune but it’s too early to tell IMO.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”