Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Philbyramone
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Re: Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Philbyramone Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:14 pm

What did I do in a previous life to deserve Crystal Palace, North Adelaide, and AUFC....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:17 pm

Wouldn't want to be in the trenches with Ghost.

On the positive side, I thought we played a lot better in the first 35 minutes than we have been. Kitto made an impact. Some of our younger players (eg Konstandopoulos, Elsey, Warland) seem to be improving week to week with experience, even if still prone to silly errors.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:43 pm

So how are our injuries looking ?

Gulum and absalonsen will be huge when they return.

Its a real shame as i feel Gulum/Reagan could have been the best cb pairing in the league
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
EdDog

Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby EdDog Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:28 pm

I think both were still in the 2-3 week bracket on the squads list.

Although I think Baba was in the same bracket last week and returned so it could be inaccurate.

Hoping they’ll be back for the FFA Cup game in 9 days time.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:31 pm

Yeah given our work load coming up with ffa cup and our injuries its going to be tough.

I think we need to prioritise the league over the cup final sadly.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:12 pm

One game to win a trophy. 3/4 of the season to go. No relegation. I'd prioritise the trophy every time. 🙂
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:09 pm

Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:32 am

Liked what I saw from Baba when he came in. Great strength & pressure, some really good moments holding his defender off, receiving the ball and laying it off. Dare I say Djite-esque.
(feels weird that comparing a La Liga striker to Bruce Djite is a compliment, but here we are).

Also, even though Mileusnic has his limitations and criticisms of him to date have been pretty fair, that was a bloody well-taken goal. Smart run, good touch, looked around to judge the situation, pulled the trigger at just the right time with perfect placement. Had time to fuck it all up (which most A-L players would do 95% of the time in that situation), but he executed it brilliantly.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:50 pm

Liked what I saw from Baba when he came in. Great strength & pressure, some really good moments holding his defender off, receiving the ball and laying it off. Dare I say Djite-esque.
(feels weird that comparing a La Liga striker to Bruce Djite is a compliment, but here we are).

Also, even though Mileusnic has his limitations and criticisms of him to date have been pretty fair, that was a bloody well-taken goal. Smart run, good touch, looked around to judge the situation, pulled the trigger at just the right time with perfect placement. Had time to fuck it all up (which most A-L players would do 95% of the time in that situation), but he executed it brilliantly.
I truly believe Bruce's hold up play was far better than HAL standard. The guy could at times hold up the ball while being pressure by 3 players. If he was just a few yards faster he could have been anything IMO.
Yeah Baba certainly showed more than Blackwood has for AU. I'd still love to see George feature for AU but he needs to work on being more of a presence up front. I did notice that Baba really had to chase the ball though number of times I noticed him in possession in the defensive half. IMO that really shows how much more improving the midfield need to make. Yet again AU just never seem to find a midfield trio that can find passes into the area with any sort of regularity. At this point Konstand seems to be AU's best option for getting the ball into the area from a central position. Although I'm hopeful at Matmour gains more and more fitness he will offer more.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”