Preview: AUFC vs Newy 11-11-17

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby EdDog Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:03 pm

6 pointer this.

Newy have been in good form, although without Vargas after that horror injury.

Not expecting us to get any players back but we really need the win.

Kitto and or OD to start on the wings for me.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Re: Preview: AUFC vs Newy 11-11-17

Postby Ghost Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:25 am

Time for changes,

Izzo
Marrone - Elsey - Warland - Garuccio
Isaias
Adlung - Konstandopoulos
O'Doherty - Matmour - Kitto

Margush, Ochieng, Miluesnic, Blackwood, Stam

Matmour did some back to goal hold play in the last game and is worth a try up front. He has played as a striker in the Bundesliga although he has only scored 4 goals as a striker from 37 matches and most of the games were over 5 years ago..
I am Scott
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:25 pm

Keep blackwood upfront, he has given us a reliable target just hasnt has the final touch as of yet.

For a Target man at his age playing in the aleague shows how much potential he has.

We need Matmours quality in the middle
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:23 pm

Playing well are the Jets but we NEED this one.

Sounds like we'll still be thin on troops though
otto62

Postby otto62 Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:31 pm

Blackwood has been working hard chasing down defenders, making runs wide to pull defenders out of position. He doesn't have Diawarra's skill, but I'd love to see him get the goal his hard work has deserved.
offshorejack

Postby offshorejack Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:57 pm

Blackwood has been working hard chasing down defenders, making runs wide to pull defenders out of position. He doesn't have Diawarra's skill, but I'd love to see him get the goal his hard work has deserved.

yep, ditto

I really don’t get the hate

he has a shit load of potential

can’t wait til he starts banging em in, not just for obvious reasons, but for him self personally... he deserves it

Ghost

Postby Ghost Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:37 pm

yep, ditto

can’t wait til he starts banging em in, not just for obvious reasons, but for him self personally... he deserves it
Who is hating Blackwood?
I am Scott
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:44 pm

Not sure even Blackwood himself would have realistically expected this much game time this season.

Our ex La Liga VISA striker will surely be number 1 when he is fit.

Blackwood will certainly have a role to play and has done an okay job thus far.

We can’t really replace him - we simply don’t have the men.

The wingers we can though. And should on current form.

Kitto is currently the only fit player to have scored in the HAL this season.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:42 pm

yep, ditto

Yep its pretty rare for a player like blackwood to be competitive at this level at 20. ( unlike a winger who can utilise their pace )

Id say he is well ahead of juric when he came home at 22 (i think) .

Although a different style to viduka, the way he uses his body during hold up play reminds me of dukes
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
offshorejack

Postby offshorejack Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:55 pm

yep, ditto

Who is hating Blackwood?
a lot of narrow minded, impatient people on facebook
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 am

You could see as soon as Juric played for us he had potential, a "kick like a mule" was used to describe his powerful shooting. He finished the season with us much in the same way Diawara did last year, full of promise.

Blackwood feels more like Babalj, has some nice touches and works hard enough but lacks polish and never really looks like scoring. He's much younger of course, so perhaps he will grow in to his role but for the moment he's not giving us anything Marc Marino wouldn't have.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:48 am

You could see as soon as Juric played for us he had potential, a "kick like a mule" was used to describe his powerful shooting. He finished the season with us much in the same way Diawara did last year, full of promise.

Blackwood feels more like Babalj, has some nice touches and works hard enough but lacks polish and never really looks like scoring. He's much younger of course, so perhaps he will grow in to his role but for the moment he's not giving us anything Marc Marino wouldn't have.
I don’t recall Marino holding the ball up once for us? He’s a totally different player who is focused on counter attacking football.
I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve another chance because he does but try comparing two players that do the same role.

Personally if it’s taking Baba this long to gain fitness then he’s becoming a potential liability for the club. Blackwood is fit and clearly working hard. Once he actually gets some service in the box hopefully he can take a chance and secure the position long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:59 am

I think there have been many periods where blackwood has been a threat abd caused abd drawn defenders out during his hold up play bringing the wide players into the game.

Dont forget since most of our midfield has been injured he has had to deal with little service apart from long balls to his head.
Ghost

Postby Ghost Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:22 pm

It seems my idea of play Matmour up front has been quite unpopular.

Blackwood has shown a lot, and the service has not been great, but he has still failed to score and is looking less like scoring with every match. He has failed so far and I don't think playing him up front is going to work in the short term.
I am Scott
otto62

Postby otto62 Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:01 pm

Blackwood has hit the post and had excellent shots blocked a number of times. I hope one goes in soon and that helps him kick on. Having said that, Diawarra is clearly streets ahead in ability and football brain at this point in time and would rightly be straight back in if fit.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”