Preview: Glory vs AUFC 4-11-17

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

otto62
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Preview: Glory vs AUFC 4-11-17

Postby otto62 Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:27 pm

Not sure what you mean by "these teams". Do you mean "teams who have tons of dangerous creative goal scoring talent and a great home record"?

Considering our injuries (I was hoping we might have Diawarra and Absolonsen back) a draw would be a stunning result. Plenty of games left to climb the ladder.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:51 pm

Hoping O'Doherty can get a start, Mileusnic looks like he could do with a rest and i think Kitto is best as impact off thr bench.
Yeah I agree. I'm a big JO'D fan.
Time to Djbate!
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:11 pm

O'Doherty in for Miluesnic makes sense, Miluesnic is too wasteful unfortunately.

Matmour needs to be better than last week.
I am Scott
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:36 pm

I think we should be a lot better rested and ready to go this weekend. We definitely need more from Blackwood and Mileusnic this game, they are just not producing enough shots on goal and seem reluctant to shoot when they receive the ball in the box.
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:07 pm

Bummer. No big ins:

ADELAIDE UNITED

Ins: 28.Kristin KONSTANDOPOULOS (promoted),
29.Ryan STRAIN (promoted)

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 5.Taylor REGAN (ankle - 6-7 weeks),
6.Vince LIA (knee - 2-3 weeks),
9.Baba DIAWARA (hamstring - 1-2 weeks),
11.Johan ABSALONSEN (thigh - 3-4 weeks),
21.Tarek ELRICH (knee - long term),
22.Ersan GÜLÜM (lung - 3-4 weeks)
Jebus! I know about Ersan's injury but that does not look good when you see it down on paper. It's not the usual knee, ankle, hamstring etc that we usually see on these lists.
Ironically AU added a lung and lost one at around the same time
😆
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:05 pm

I think we should be a lot better rested and ready to go this weekend. We definitely need more from Blackwood and Mileusnic this game, they are just not producing enough shots on goal and seem reluctant to shoot when they receive the ball in the box.
Mileusnic, yes. Blackwood, did he actually receive the ball in a position to make a shot all game against City?
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

Preview: Glory vs AUFC 4-11-17

Postby EdDog Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:29 pm

Mileusnic, yes. Blackwood, did he actually receive the ball in a position to make a shot all game against City?
To be fair, this is how our strikers play and have done so since we adopted the 4-3-3 several years ago.

They play the hold up role and often have their backs facing the goal.

Now I don’t want to get into another Djibate about it, I also would like him to score more goals, but when playing a 4-3-3 this is how we want our strikers to play - hold up the ball for the oncoming attackers/mids.

Again, he still needs to score - all strikers do.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:46 pm

To be fair, this is how our strikers play and have done so since we adopted the 4-3-3 several years ago.

Now I don’t want to get into another Djibate about it, I also would like him to score more goals, but when playing a 4-3-3 this is how we want our strikers to play - hold up the ball for the oncoming attackers/mids.

Yes spot on. So far I think he's adapting to that role fairly well.
But he needs to receive the ball in a position to score. Unless he goes against the game plan and turns the defenders he's shepherding the ball against. He has to receive the ball from the midfield supply chain.
My point is I think it's pointless blaming a someone for not doing their job when they aren't given the materials to do it.
It's like demanding a painter paint your fence, even though they don't have the paint to do it yet. They've ordered the paint for today, they have their brush and rollers ready, but the supply chain hasn't distributed the paint out to them yet.
Who's fault is it that the fence isn't painted?
Time to Djbate!
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:36 am

But he needs to receive the ball in a position to score. Unless he goes against the game plan and turns the defenders he's shepherding the ball against. He has to receive the ball from the midfield supply chain.
My point is I think it's pointless blaming a someone for not doing their job when they aren't given the materials to do it.
It's like demanding a painter paint your fence, even though they don't have the paint to do it yet. They've ordered the paint for today, they have their brush and rollers ready, but the supply chain hasn't distributed the paint out to them yet.
Obviously the painter. :lol:

Blackwood has gone very close to scoring a number of times but he is not getting enough crosses to his head. More of these and I am confident he will score. I do wonder whether he can get into possitions to receive the ball better, Baba seemed better at it when he came on a few games ago.
I am Scott
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Preview: Glory vs AUFC 4-11-17

Postby bpowell454 Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:02 pm

Obviously the painter.

Blackwood has gone very close to scoring a number of times but he is not getting enough crosses to his head. More of these and I am confident he will score. I do wonder whether he can get into possitions to receive the ball better, Baba seemed better at it when he came on a few games ago.
I just think his off the ball movement leaves a lot to be desired. So often he is just stagnant halfway between the opposition's defenders and midfielders. He doesn't pressure the CBs nor does he drop back to defend the mids. I think he is decent enough on the ball and is probably lacking the service to make clear cut chances, but for me he just seems a bit lazy or unfit.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:17 pm

Unchanged lineup as expected.

OD, Kitto, Ochieng, Apostolos & Margush on the bench.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”