POLL, Would you support a walk off

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Would you support a mid game walk out?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 14
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: POLL, Would you support a walk off

Postby sevengoals Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:56 pm

The players Union should also get involved.

After all they are responsible for "work place" safety and if we break it down it is a "work place" safety issue.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Capac
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby Capac Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:33 pm

Not at the moment. I'd like the club to send the FFA and the referees a please explain though.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:50 pm

Not at the moment. I'd like the club to send the FFA and the referees a please explain though.
My understanding is they are doing just that.
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Didn't we get a 'please explain' from the FFA, regarding the number of yellow cards we got in 1 match?
We are UNITED, after all....
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:58 pm

Lets say this continues and a player gets injured long term, could legal action be taken against FFA either by the club and player or by the clubs insurance agency ?

Shaun Rhen tool the AFL to court over the centre bounce area not being safe despite being a normal part of the game and there is also the issue of long term effects from concussions resulting AFL collisions so i wonder if it could be proven dangerous tackles were not being taken seriously in the league that FFA could be sued
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:52 pm

The lack of red cards for dangerous tackles seems to be either an instruction to the referees not to give too many reds for tackles or in general, or, a lack of proper training regarding what should and should not be given a red leading to wide spread incompetence across the referee group. Certainly there has been no sign that there are moves to rectify the situation. Last season was a disgrace and this season has started in exactly the same way.
Whether either of these reasons would be enough for the FFA to be in trouble legally regarding a serious injury resulting from a bad tackle I have no idea.
Has there been any recent serious injuries from bad tackles?
The Vargas injury was not as a result of a bad tackle.
O'Doherty injured his knee in laying a bad tackle and it was not really a very bad injury.
Of course Muscat maimed Adrian Zahra and Surat Sukha injured Mathew Leckie but they were 6 and 7 years ago. Muscat got a straight red card, not sure what action was taken against Sukha
I am Scott

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”