Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Jumbinho
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Jumbinho Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:57 pm

Disappointing in the end. From half time until we got the 2nd we were absolutely bossing the game. Then almost immediately retreated into our shells and gifted them a foothold back in.

Still need to get the balance right between playing the ball quickly in behind and building up play. The first half especially there were way to many punts upfield to absolutely nobody.
mikeewanuk
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: The new Number 10
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: SHA LA LA

Postby mikeewanuk Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:37 pm

Too many fouls, too little atmosphere. Had the game been at Coopers, Victory would have been down to nine men. The crowd would have got under the skin of a very miserable team. We looked good after we equalised but faded after taking the lead. Three points against City will get us back on track. There's some real skill in this team.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:59 pm

Should have won that, Berisha should have been sent off, shoulda woulda coulda. Once again we play Victory into form.

Bring on our reserves next week. If we don't win, questions can be asked.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:46 am

After full-time, Fox Sports’ Adam Peacock confirmed the FFA was going to look to review the incident.

But Fox Sports’ Michael Zappone had earlier confirmed the yellow card was for Berisha’s push on Elder, not the earlier tackle.
Thats it guys berisha gets off for pushing a ref as it was given a yellow card therefor the review panel have no right to review it.

The thing is the linesman saw williams tackle on Isaias, VAR saw it also. NOTHING!

The 4th referee obviously knew he was pushed, VAR saw it ..... freaking yellow card!! Meanwhile last season Guillermo Amor the gentleman of world football was suspended for 2 games for shoving a ref that has never been substantiated as no footage exsists and the said ref changed his version of events on the match report.

Im trying to understand how any of this is even possible
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:33 am

If you give a Ferrari to a 16 year old learner the result will be bad. Likewise if you make a shit referee full time, they will just be shit more often. Now give them VAR as well and I refer you back to the Ferrari.
Could also say similar about playing games at AO... please just stop that nonsense.
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:41 am

Could also say similar about playing games at AO... please just stop that nonsense.
I believe that is the end of the 3 year contract with Adelaide Oval, so Coopers from here on in.........hopefully.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:38 am

The rule Williams could have been red carded under is violent conduct.

Violent conduct
Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or
brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a
team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person,
regardless of whether contact is made.
In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes
an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is
guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

The first part is the relevant part. So did Williams use excessive force or brutality?
It was a deliberate act, there is some chance the interlocking of arms was initially accidental but once the interlocked Williams clearly deliberately slammed Isaias into the ground. I am not sure how slamming another player into the ground counts as anything other than excessive force or brutality.

It is really sad that a player like Rhys Williams, who played an excellent game and has the ability to star in the A-league and play for the Socceroos feels the need to resort to such acts that should have led to him being sent off two weeks in a row. The trouble is he is just going to do it again seeing he has not been punished.
I am Scott
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:45 am

I enjoyed the game last night and, all things considered, the Oval was ok, even with sub 20k. But, it'll be great to go home!!!
It's bloody maddening when a player behind play lashed out at one opponent then physically lifts the opposing captain off the ground and smashes him into the turf and there is no response from the video ref. Quite how that can be explained is beyond me. Then Berisha! Should have been a red for the challenge on Elsey and then he attacks a ref. How the players and coaches manage to go out next week with any confidence is beyond me - again.
Still, Lia had a night and we had a good few contributors. Blackwood needed to be subbed at 60. He ran all night. Not sure why we didn't stick Matmour up front and bring Ochieng on to the wing position.
5 points. undefeated. So NOT like the last two years.
See you at Hindmarsh for some real football in a real football stadium.

And there is no way possible the interlocking of arms was accidental. The man is a grub, however good a player he might be.
otto62
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby otto62 Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:48 am

Thought we played well. We stood up well to their physicality. Don't know how one or more of Williams (the throw on Isaiah plus a number of tackles endangering an opponent), Berisha (the foul on Elsey followed by pushing the ref was at least two yellows) and Troisi (repeated fouls after receiving his yellow) didn't get sent off.

I'm still getting used to Kurz' game plan of longer passes looking for fast counterattacks down the wings, rather than the patient passing game through the middle of Gombau and Amor. On balance I think it's potentially more "exciting", I just hope it continues to be effective in results. We still look good in tight spaces though.

The crowd was ok at 20k, but not the 25k they would have been hoping for. Thought the atmosphere was pretty good. Well done Red Army, the can't force the crowd to join in. I got the seats I wanted (near front of third tier Western stand level with edge of penalty area) which have good view, not too far from the pitch, close-ish to Red Army. Thumbs up from me.
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:06 am

The atmosphere was better than I dared hope; 19,500 was slightly over what I predicted, but the stadium still felt (and was) half empty. Back to Hindmarsh for good now.

Berisha is just a s**t bloke. Williams too. Both should have been sent off. As someone else pointed out, what is the point of the VAR if the officials ignore the evidence?

We fought hard. We looked tentative in the first 15 minutes, but the Filth's first goal galvanised us. We deserved to win and it was only the referee's total failure to apply the necessary cards to Berisha, Williams and Troisi that gave the Filth any hope at all. No wonder MustKill didn't even refer to the refereeing in his post-match comments; why would he, when they so blatantly favoured his bunch of shin-kicking hackers?

Absalonsen is a gem and my early tip for the Johnny Warren medal. What a find! He has now scored or had an assist in every match that he has played for us. How many players have we had who have ever managed that? Please, please GG - sign him to a marquee contract NOW.

Adlung will come good. He tried hard to work himself into good positions and I noticed that he was directing Blackwood a lot; giving him the benefit of his experience. Adlung is still a yard off the pace of the Australian game but he will be razor sharp in 2018 (which is only 11 weeks away). Remember that Isa took half a season to become fit enough and confident enough that he could impose himself on matches. Now Isa is the best player in the team.

For the rest, everyone tried his heart out and Kurz's new, tighter tactics are really bearing fruit. I actually like the long ball that sails over the opposition midfielders and bisects their defence. It thoroughly alarmed the Filth and opened them up regularly. The only reason that it didn't work as often as it should have is that our midfielders didn't quite have their radars set up right, but that will come. MustKill noticed it too and was yelling at his midfielders to get back to help the defence; frequently it looked like they were playing a back six.

All in all, it was a moral win for us. I know that moral wins don't get us 3 points, but hey, look where we were at this time last season. The minor premiership is ours to lose, I reckon.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
EdDog

Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby EdDog Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:24 am

Apparently that’s the first year of a three year deal to play one a season at AO.

Least it’s over for now and next season we will get 2 Victory games, so one at the ‘Marsh.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby bpowell454 Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:20 pm

Apparently that’s the first year of a three year deal to play one a season at AO.

Least it’s over for now and next season we will get 2 Victory games, so one at the ‘Marsh.
Source?

I remember someone mentioning this 3 year deal the last time we played victory at AO. Surely the deal has to be mutually beneficial? If the club is going to lose money then there is surely no reason to play there.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:35 pm

Source?

I remember someone mentioning this 3 year deal the last time we played victory at AO. Surely the deal has to be mutually beneficial? If the club is going to lose money then there is surely no reason to play there.
Someone at the club.

Apparently it’s still financially better to get 20k at AO than play at Hindmarsh.

Unbelievable if true.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:10 pm

We really did need to shut that game down at 2-1 with another goal. We all know that giving Victory a sniff at any points at all is a disaster waiting to happen.

Oh well, we live and learn. Hopefully Kurz really is working on that early concession of goals too. Now we can add killing games off as something we need to improve on.
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:48 pm

Source?

Someone at the club.

Apparently it’s still financially better to get 20k at AO than play at Hindmarsh.

Unbelievable if true.
This I find hard to believe. It costs $500,000 to hire Adelaide Oval, but the State Government only charges $50,000 to the club to hire Hindmarsh. 20,000 pax into $500,000 = $25/head just to pay the hire cost of the stadium - and 19,500 turned up, including comps, which meant that the cost per head was even higher. Given that children were only being charged $23 ea. in the most expensive seats, I suspect that the club came out behind.

So the sooner that we cut away AO for minor round matches, the better for all concerned.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”