Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

granne
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby granne Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:57 pm

Why do we have to put up with this Melbourne team of cloggers two or three times a year, I suppose we cant expect much else when they are coached by one of the worst cloggers that was ever in the game. What is the point of putting a team of players together only to have a team like this come and and play like a load of thugs and be allow to get away with it. The referees are hopeless they turn a blind eye. How do we expect to raise the standard of football in this country if we don't allow players with skill to flourish. At least two of the fouls on Friday should have been instant red cards and possibly extra match bans, the refereeing was abysmal. How come the match commentators did not comment on these blantent fouls that could so easily have resulted in serious injuries, Maybe they are not as unbiased as they would have us believe. Then I read the reports of the match in our local paper(22-Oct-17) and both of the reporters failed to notice these serious fouls. I think I must have watch another match.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:08 pm

100% with you on that
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:50 pm

take a look at what var gave sfc a penalty last night and compare what it blantantly ignored for our game
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:10 pm

Var is no good. Also can someone confirm if it was Shaun Evans that reffereed against us again. He was the infamous WSW game ref where we got screwed by a late goal from one of the players that should have been red carded. Aufc then requested he never ref is again
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:26 pm

VAR is not perfect but I like the idea. It’s only in its infancy so I expect it to get better.

In the Brisbane vs Newy game it overturned a Brisbane goal which levelled the score at 2-2.

Replay showed Maccarone was well offside in the buildup (received and laid off the ball from an offside position) which he later scored from.

VAR got it completely right and Newcastle ended up getting the win in the end.

That’s it being used correctly and I welcome it.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:42 pm

VAR is not perfect but I like the idea. It’s only in its infancy so I expect it to get better.

In the Brisbane vs Newy game it overturned a Brisbane goal which levelled the score at 2-2.

Replay showed Maccarone was well offside in the buildup (received and laid off the ball from an offside position) which he later scored from.

trouble is VAR is only as good as the person using it, which we saw friday night that a tackle behind play was ignored by the linesman and var.

Well done to the officials of the jets game for looking back to maccarone’s first touch which i think got past everyone watching the match
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:50 pm

trouble is VAR is only as good as the person using it, which we saw friday night that a tackle behind play was ignored by the linesman and var.

Well done to the officials of the jets game for looking back to maccarone’s first touch which i think got past everyone watching the match
Yeah you’re right - although I expect the officials to get better at it as they get more familiar with the system.
View From The Top
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:39 am

Var is no good. Also can someone confirm if it was Shaun Evans that reffereed against us again. He was the infamous WSW game ref where we got screwed by a late goal from one of the players that should have been red carded. Aufc then requested he never ref is again
Yes it was Shaun Evans. Guy is simply not fit to referee a top level match. Friday night was my first game for quite some time and reminded me of everything I have come to dislike about the A-League: incompetent refereeing, officials unable to apply the laws of the game equally to both teams, and thuggery rewarded. While you might expect a referee to miss the occasional incident in the heat of the moment, when the VAR watching replays from different angles and without the pressure "misses" the same things you have to question the integrity of the league.

Also, I really think that Berisha just might be actually insane. :| How the hell do you push the fourth official and get away with it? I wonder what Danny Vukovich thinks of that decision? :?
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:41 am

Yes it was Shaun Evans. Guy is simply not fit to referee a top level match. Friday night was my first game for quite some time and reminded me of everything I have come to dislike about the A-League: incompetent refereeing, officials unable to apply the laws of the game equally to both teams, and thuggery rewarded. While you might expect a referee to miss the occasional incident in the heat of the moment, when the VAR watching replays from different angles and without the pressure "misses" the same things you have to question the integrity of the league.

Also, I really think that Berisha just might be actually insane. :| How the hell do you push the fourth official and get away with it? I wonder what Danny Vukovich thinks of that decision? :?
The issue seems to be not missing seeing something but a misapplication of the rules. If they don't understand the rules then seeing it once at full speed or many times, from many angles slowed down is not going to get to the right decision.

As far as Berisha pushing the referee, can you tell me where in the rules it says a push, without too much force, should lead to player being sent off?
I believe what Berisha did should be punished with a red card but I cannot find anything in the rules to support that view. The only rules seems to be violent conduct rule I put up earlier in the thread regarding Rhys Williams but that does not seem to apply to Berisha in this incident as he did not use excessive force or brutality and did not touch the referees head.
Or am I wrong?
I am Scott
View From The Top
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:12 am

It may be in the competition rules? Players are not allowed to make contact with officials. Vukovich got a lengthy ban for contact with the ref in the GF a few seasons back, and Amor was banished to the stands for a couple of weeks for touching the fourth officials arm to get his attention last year. But in addition to the ref contact and the original foul Berisha then went on to spend the next ten minutes giving the ref "feed back" without further sanction, while Absolonsen got a yellow for dissent for questioning one decision. One rule for Victory one rule for others.
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:36 am

It may be in the competition rules? Players are not allowed to make contact with officials. Vukovich got a lengthy ban for contact with the ref in the GF a few seasons back, and Amor was banished to the stands for a couple of weeks for touching the fourth officials arm to get his attention last year. But in addition to the ref contact and the original foul Berisha then went on to spend the next ten minutes giving the ref "feed back" without further sanction, while Absolonsen got a yellow for dissent for questioning one decision. One rule for Victory one rule for others.
The amor incident was particularly shady given there was no video footage of the incident ( seriously how does this happen ) and the fourth official recanted his original statement in the match report about what happened.

I mean on one hand you have Amor the gentleman if world football and on the other you have besart berisha whos manager is known as the dirtiest player in the history of football. One gets a ban the other doesnt not ...

Your right thought that after that match its hard to logically conclude there is not some kind of bias to particular clubs.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:47 pm

Looked on FIFA site at other documents and cannot find anything, Very strange.
I am Scott
mikeewanuk
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: The new Number 10
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: SHA LA LA

Postby mikeewanuk Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:27 pm

Now Ersan is out with a fractured rib and punctured lung. Glad Valeri was named as the culprit
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:04 pm

just have to laugh, what more can you do
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:08 pm

so we had a man down at the top of the victorys box , players running around him and the ref refused to stop play to allow him to seek medical treatment

Turns out the guys has a fractured rib and punctured lung.

If this was a movie script i would not believe it

I love supporting AUFC but i really hate this league

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”