Preview: AUFC v Victory 15.10.17

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ChillyPhilly
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Re: Preview: AUFC v Victory 15.10.17

Postby ChillyPhilly Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:24 pm

Adelaide United squad: 1.Daniel MARGUSH (gk), 2.Michael MARRONE, 6.Vince LIA, 7.Ryan KITTO, 8.ISAÍAS (c), 9.Baba DIAWARA, 10.Karim MATMOUR, 11.Johan ABSALONSEN, 12.Mark OCHIENG, 14.George BLACKWOOD, 16.Nathan KONSTANDOPOULOS, 17.Nikola MILEUSNIC, 19.Ben GARUCCIO, 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 22.Ersan GÜLÜM, 23.Jordan ELSEY, 24.Jordan O'DOHERTY, 37.Daniel ADLUNG

Two to be omitted.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:10 am

Found the membership details and can't get into this game with my membership. me and the guys are now watching this at home with a BBQ. If only full season members can attend expect that crowd estimate to decline further. Most of the people I know with memberships are 8 game members and we all just realized we can't get in.
Was a nine game membership including the melb vic game last season. I mentioned this a while ago as it doesn't make sense if they're trying for a big adelaide oval crowd.

I was trying earlier in the week not to be negative about the crowd but I reckon 18k max.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:42 am

hopefully the club listens, and doesn't agree to continue the Oval deal (for regular season games at least).
Hindmarsh is our home and always should be.

And amen to that!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:55 am

Found the membership details and can't get into this game with my membership. me and the guys are now watching this at home with a BBQ. If only full season members can attend expect that crowd estimate to decline further. Most of the people I know with memberships are 8 game members and we all just realized we can't get in.
Was a nine game membership including the melb vic game last season. I mentioned this a while ago as it doesn't make sense if they're trying for a big adelaide oval crowd.

I was trying earlier in the week not to be negative about the crowd but I reckon 18k max.
What a joke that 8 and 3 game members can’t get in.

There will be a lot of people turned away tonight because of that I bet.

Shambles.
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:45 am

What a joke that 8 and 3 game members can’t get in.

There will be a lot of people turned away tonight because of that I bet.

Shambles.

My wife is a 8 game member, with me being a full season.
Guess I'm buying an extra ticket for her to come. Pretty silly really.

Is this the last year on the AO contract?
We are UNITED, after all....
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:10 am

This match was the one everyone would look for as soon as the fixtures for the season came out. Now it has lost a little of its shine due to this AO debacle.

Away fans don't want to travel to Adelaide if it is played at the Oval as they are thrown into a corner of a cavernous oval that has maybe 20,000 people in it if you are lucky. An away day is all about being in a hostile environment with banter, back and forth chanting and the elation of a rare away win (won't be forgetting being in the away bay for our 1-0 in the 90th min at AAMI park any time soon).

Jesus GG, do a study on how many interstate people come for the fixture and what they contribute to the local economy and throw it on the desk next time you go to the Government cap in hand. Victory would bring more away support over any AFL game I would reckon.

Hindmarsh with 15,000+ reds fans and a few bays of scum on a Friday or Saturday night is the one all my non football friends always come to without hesitation. Victory always bring a strong away contingent which fuels the atmosphere. The sold out sign goes up and the hype train is in full motion.

Sadly we the fans cop it as usual all because of GG trying to put the squeeze on the AEC. All of this because he wants a better deal on rent. The AEC hates the fixture any way due to having to spend more on security etc. The whole AO thing is pointless. Signing a 3 year deal was a silly move. The players, fans and coach (Gombau) didnt want it.

And then the cherry on the bloody cake, sorry non full members (many who do shift work and cant make every game), NO ENTRY FOR YOU. This is just beyond belief.. IT WILL BE EMPTY. YOU NEED AS MANY PEOPLE THERE AS POSSIBLE!!

The short sightedness is the thing that does my head in. Pack out Hindmarsh and I bet my bollocks at least 15% of the people there would be the one offs. These are the ones that will come back at some point or talk to other non football people about how great the atmosphere was to others. "I don't usually go to the soccer, but god damn.. what a game.."

Now I am going tonight with only 1 friend that wanted to come, the others know it will suck at AO. Its going to be fucking embarrassing. For the League, for us and the sport.

An empty AO at what used to be the best fixture all year.

This one - Jesus I am scared to even predict - I hope we break 15k

Rant over.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:34 am

^^^

Fair enough, I'm with you.
We have the best football stadium in Australia and they don't even play the biggest home league match there, farken.
I hope they finally realise AO is no place for soccer.

And Chapeau! to Marco Kurz for his very diplomatic answer in the Advertiser regarding the "importance" of AO to the state's sporting history.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:08 am

Apparently I'm not the only auto renew member that didn't realize this game wasn't included. Aufc under the pump on the phones about it. Have advised an email will be sent out to remind those of us that didn't read the fine print we can't get in tonight's game. :(
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:47 pm

classic aufc, it sucks when you have to read the fine print so the club that exists purely as a result of your support cant put a sly one by you.

with that im exited to be going to my first game in years , just hope it has an atmosphere greater than a kick around at the local park
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:42 pm

With all the doom and gloom I'm still looking forward to tonight. It'll be an ok crowd and hopefully we'll steal a win. Without question it should be at Hindmarsh because it's the MOST FUN game we play there - especially if we win. One day the club will realise that it's a club, not a business only and decisions will be made accordingly. Until then let's get behind the team who play for us. GO THE REDS!!!!!!!
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:38 pm

I'm tipping 18,000 max, but I hope I'm wrong.

I'm also tipping 3-0 our way and I hope I'm not jinxing us. The Filth look highly gettable to me. Our forwards and middies must concentrate on Deng; he is newly into the side, he is young and he hasn't the experience to know how to get out of being crowded by our forwards when in possession. Indeed the Filth's whole backline looks fragile; the longer that we lock it in their defensive third, the likelier that their backline will wilt and we score.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:13 pm

I mean why would you include the AO game in an 8 or game membership, its going to definitely sell out after all.
Bruuuuuuuuce
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Bruuuuuuuuce Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:22 pm

Where the hell is Baba???????????
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:41 pm

Where the hell is Baba???????????
Surely injured.

Matmour might be an option to play up front if needed.

EDIT, Slight hamstring strain. Probably fit for FFA semi final.
I am Scott
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:19 pm

have to drop Adel oval. good for afl shit for football.
What a shame this fixture has declined due to the ground

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”