Wellington Phoenix v Adelaide United Match day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

ZANZIBAR
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Re: Wellington Phoenix v Adelaide United Match day Jamboree!!!©

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:45 pm

They only had the one real chance and they scored. A bit more gel time and we should finish those games off
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:49 pm

Should have won but I like the different style and the change up.

Baba must have come back in pretty ordinary shape to not see any game time.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:52 pm

Sure, we didn't play great but throwing the toys out of the pram in round 1 is a bit much. A draw away to Wellington is a good result, despite the lack of quality. Adlung and Gulum were thrown into a starting lineup untested and without a preseason. They should get better. Only when they don't should you invoke the pissantry
This

first game of the season with a point away at wellington is a good result.

With the majority of our key players not in the league last season and still adapting we probably wont see the team blossom for another month or so.

It is funny hearing cut and paste crisitisms of amor be applied to Kurz already though.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Jumbinho
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Postby Jumbinho Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:03 pm

I would normally take a point in Wellington, but the Nix look pretty rubbish (especially with the outs they had today) and with how hard our start to the season looks, it was a little disappointing. Pretty uninspired and sloppy stuff all round.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:28 pm

I am not a Regan fan, but I thought he was very good today, when he went off we missed him and Wellington had a good period of play. I will have to wait and see but he has started the season in a way that might make me look like an idiot.
I am Scott
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:53 pm

Pretty scrappy all round but reports are Lia would have started if he hadn’t been suspended which would have given us a bit more cohesion in the middle (given he’d been a regular feature throughout preseason).

Gulum also took a bit to get up to speed but finished strongly.

Will be looking forward to an improved performance in Brisbane.
Futbol_Crazy21
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Re: RE: Re: Wellington Phoenix v Adelaide United Match day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:59 pm

Should have won but I like the different style and the change up.

Baba must have come back in pretty ordinary shape to not see any game time.
Absalonsen and Adlung needed to be subbed. Maybe Baba would have gotten a run on if Regan stayed on the field.
Ghost

Postby Ghost Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:00 pm

Pretty scrappy all round but reports are Lia would have started if he hadn’t been suspended which would have given us a bit more cohesion in the middle (given he’d been a regular feature throughout preseason).

Lia ahead of Adlung. Adlung did very well, Matmour was more of the problem, but mostly our constant long balls made it hard for the midfield players to control the game. I hope we tend to play a bit more on the ground and use the wingers more in the future.
I am Scott
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:03 pm

I would normally take a point in Wellington, but the Nix look pretty rubbish (especially with the outs they had today) and with how hard our start to the season looks, it was a little disappointing. Pretty uninspired and sloppy stuff all round.
Of their outs only McGlinchey is any good. Finkler is done and Durante is a walking red card.

You could see we haven't quite gelled yet but our players were individually better. Can't wait to see the work between Baba, Johan, Adlung and Matmour. Reckon Mileusnic and Kitto looked good too
supsup

Postby supsup Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:41 pm

Lia ahead of Adlung. Adlung did very well, Matmour was more of the problem, but mostly our constant long balls made it hard for the midfield players to control the game. I hope we tend to play a bit more on the ground and use the wingers more in the future.
Ghost, you're completely right. Long balls just kept taking our midfield out of the game. I hope we don't see too much of that direct rubbish this year, unless there's goals on the end of it, of course :)
Ghost

Postby Ghost Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:46 pm

Ghost, you're completely right. Long balls just kept taking our midfield out of the game. I hope we don't see too much of that direct rubbish this year, unless there's goals on the end of it, of course :)
If we do continue playing a style which removes the midfield from attacking play then playing a defensive midfield is the way to go. So that means Isaias and Lia with perhaps Adung. Put Matmour on the right wing and Absalonsen on the left.
I am Scott
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:03 am

From the new guys:

I liked what I saw of Matmour tbh. Good touch, fought for everything and ran hard all game. He'll be a standout this season I think.

Gulum started off looking like a liability but finished the game well, certainly has a touch of the La Rocca mentality about him (a good thing if channelled properly).

Adlung was fairly strong, all action, just needs to link up better with the blokes around him but you can see he's come from a very decent level of play.

Absalonsen was busy early but had less & less impact as the game went on, my worry about him is that although he is quality he might be the sort of player that oppositions are able to suss out and nullify pretty quickly. Rather than just pumping ball after ball in his direction we need to be more strategic about using those long balls up the wing ... build it up and then use the element of surprise when we pull the trigger.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Capac

Postby Capac Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:38 pm

My one major issue was the amount of long balls we played, especially after the way we have played over the past 4 seasons.

I quite liked Blackwood. I have been very impressed by him so far.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:34 pm

Blackwood was great and if it wasn't for that reflex save from the young keeper he'd have notched up a goal too.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:40 pm

If we make the world cup i think blackwood will make the squad purely for future experience. I think he is that good, also dont expect him to still be in adelaide next season.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”