Chinese takeover offer rejected

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Chinese takeover offer rejected

Postby Stuckey Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:20 am

A Chinese ownership deal that would have seen Adelaide United become an A-League superpower fell through because of the sale price demanded by chairman and co-owner Greg Griffin.
http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/the-cove ... siv1d5jng2

Interesting. Considering how some CSL clubs are run. All that glitters isn't gold. Hopefully the club has turned a corner now and the investment isn't needed, but the cynic in me can see that we'll be picking up the pieces again in 3 years time.
Time to Djbate!
Futbol_Crazy21
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Re: Chinese takeover offer rejected

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:38 am

accidental post.
Last edited by Futbol_Crazy21 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:00 pm

Isnt this old news from 18 months ago ?

For the record i dont see how it could have been a bad thing. AUFC is hardly bring managed as well as it could be from a fans point of view even if the book keepers are happy.

I have no issue with chinese investors buying the club and pouring money into our club / city / economy. To be fair Australian owners have mostly been basketcases who either dont know football or their finances dry up after a few seasons.

Meanwhile a businessman from Leningrad and a UAE based company are setting the standard in australia and driving the game forward.

I wonder what the terms of renewing the franchise are with FFA ? could they refuse a renewal from a current owner and let big time investors walk in every 7 years?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:04 pm

Is 10 or 20 million a better valuation on the club?
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:29 pm

20 million to buy a 5 million aleague license, little to no assets and a bunch of bad rental deals the club is losing money on ) according to GG in the media.

You would think that a 20million price tag has a built in price for likely future growth and profit but i cant see where any growth is going to come from in the clubs current form.

To be fair it is the ownerships right to set any price as it is their company and their money on the line. I do wonder if GG stopped the public whining about rent and sponsor issues that a consortium may have been willing to pay a bit more
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:31 pm

I'm skeptical about that sort of ownership turning us into a superpower. Hasn't done it for City or the Jets.
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:06 pm

Its really hard to comment on such things with the information thats been provided.

Current market value of the club, of all A-League clubs for that matter could be inflated a little atm reflecting the FFA's unwillingness to expand for the next few years. I mean simple supply/demand type stuff, the fact that these foreign investors are forced to look at purchasing current A-League clubs because they can't just make a new one might have prompted Griffen to up the price.

20mil seems a bit of a stretch but it might have been a rough figure being thrown around.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Its really hard to comment on such things with the information thats been provided.

Current market value of the club, of all A-League clubs for that matter could be inflated a little atm reflecting the FFA's unwillingness to expand for the next few years. I mean simple supply/demand type stuff, the fact that these foreign investors are forced to look at purchasing current A-League clubs because they can't just make a new one might have prompted Griffen to up the price.

20mil seems a bit of a stretch but it might have been a rough figure being thrown around.
yeah and despite what some may say that GG and co are only here to line their pockets ( which is a stupid argument to begin with assuming football clubs are financial investments) they probably could have sold up and made some kind of profit.

So credit to the board as it seems they are in it for the long haul.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”