2017 FFA Cup Round of 16: AUFC vs Melbourne Victory

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Ghost
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Re: 2017 FFA Cup Round of 16: AUFC vs Melbourne Victory

Postby Ghost Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:44 pm

I think Muscat is okay, there have been a lot worse coaches in the A-league, the players do seem to play for him to reasonable extent, but he certainly is not anything special. Well behind Ange, Arnold and Popovic.
I am Scott
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:41 pm

Honest opinions, with the red-tinted glasses off.

What do you make of Muscat as a manager? He inherited a strong side, with a great foundation and a touch of Ange, added Berisha and has been reasonably successful.

But there's still a lingering doubt for me. That Victory side is full of good footballers but last night they were bossed for a good 55 mins by a side that on paper shouldn't do that.
I don't think he is a bad manager TBH.

I don't think the idea of inheritting strong teams is very relevant in the aleague given its volatility. ( not Since Mulvey taking over from Ange where he basically made no signings of his own and played slightly more direct.

Its still pre season with varying amounts of fitness on the pitch. Victory were great for 30 minutes until our fitness level allowed us to take over. But will our high fitness levels cause us to peak to early into the season? will we see over use injuries plague us midway into the season? its hard to say.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:54 pm

Loved how much victory players were complaining about our physicality. We struck a mental blow and no doubt they will make public comment about it just before our rd 3 encounter in an attempt to sway the ref.
GrandPappyOfFunk

Postby GrandPappyOfFunk Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:12 pm

Loved how much victory players were complaining about our physicality. We struck a mental blow and no doubt they will make public comment about it just before our rd 3 encounter in an attempt to sway the ref.
I find the concept of Victory players complaining about our physicality to be downright hilarious. They had 6 bookings to our 1! And can count themselves lucky they still had 11 on the park.

I think it was mostly frustration at being completely outplayed, which made the win even sweeter knowing that wild tackles were the only reaction they could think of.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:07 pm

Fitness got it done last night IMO
Fitness, intensity, pressure, hunger.

We wanted it more.
Nah just fitness

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”