Purchasing a membership

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Membership?

I've actively bought one
19%
I've auto-renewed
33%
I'm going to get one
15%
I'm still not sure
15%
I'm not unless something seriously changes
15%
I'm not regardless
4%
I've auto-renewed and I'm going to call the club for my money back
No votes

Total votes: 27
Capac
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Purchasing a membership

Postby Capac Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:14 pm

I like to look at it by saying that the club is bigger than the owners or the board. I may not agree with a lot of what the owners or management do but I still want to support the club overall.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:27 pm

I like to look at it by saying that the club is bigger than the owners or the board. I may not agree with a lot of what the owners or management do but I still want to support the club overall.
I guess it comes down to saying "what am I supporting?" Obviously no one supports a club because they love the board. But there are a lot of aspects of AU that I love.
- Youth development, bringing thru kids and developing them into sell-able stars
- Player loyalty, having long serving players that the fans connected with.
- Player culture, the interaction between the players (I think Bruce was a big part of that)
- Entertaining football, Gombau certainly gave us that.
- Going to Hindmarsh , because its a fantastic stadium

All of those features that I love about AU are either not happening anymore or are up in the air at this point.
If they take all those things away from the club what's left? A red shirt, some wonderful memories and a 14 year old logo that many fans wouldn't mind changing.
Time to Djbate!
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:53 pm

If they take all those things away from the club what's left?
Marcelo Carrusca? No wait...
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:58 am

I'll still cough up my non-ticketed, you-may-as-well-be-on-the-international-spacestation membership.

Can't help it.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:29 am

I've auto-renewed. I was going to cancel it but it went through before I could.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:46 am

I sign on because I love going to watch the lads, and because we do have one of the best boutique stadiums in the country, even if it needs some work.

I love being the small underdog who's triumphs against the eastern states seem so much bigger. I love watching youngsters like Mabil, Burns, Djite grow into great players and I love our legends like Dodd, Eugene, Cassio and Chelo stay loyal despite the club not willing to do the same.

All these things are why we are here, and although there are some issues that need resolving it's why most of us will stay.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:01 pm

Haven't been a member since amor took over ( no reflection on amor )

Not willing to pay membership anymore to a product who's management take my money with one hand and give u the bird under the table with the other.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:51 pm

I sign on because I love going to watch the lads, and because we do have one of the best boutique stadiums in the country, even if it needs some work.

I love being the small underdog who's triumphs against the eastern states seem so much bigger. I love watching youngsters like Mabil, Burns, Djite grow into great players and I love our legends like Dodd, Eugene, Cassio and Chelo stay loyal despite the club not willing to do the same.

All these things are why we are here, and although there are some issues that need resolving it's why most of us will stay.
I agree, (with everything but Cassio...) I love all those things about the club too, so if the club takes all those things we love away what are you signing up for then?
That's what I'm wondering ATM.
Time to Djbate!
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:01 am

I agree, (with everything but Cassio...) I love all those things about the club too, so if the club takes all those things we love away what are you signing up for then?
It won't take much will it. I think we will continue to promote youth, we simply have to as a smaller club, so there's always that.

But we have to improve our dealings with club greats, for instance if we have a similar situation with Marrone or god forbid Isa when he leaves it'll be extremely hard to stomach.

Leaving Hindmarsh wouldn't sway it for me. I love the place but if we were able to get a brand new rectangular stadium I'd be all in that.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:34 pm

It won't take much will it. I think we will continue to promote youth, we simply have to as a smaller club, so there's always that.

But we have to improve our dealings with club greats, for instance if we have a similar situation with Marrone or god forbid Isa when he leaves it'll be extremely hard to stomach.

Leaving Hindmarsh wouldn't sway it for me. I love the place but if we were able to get a brand new rectangular stadium I'd be all in that.
Of course. Who wouldn't want a brand new rectangular stadium.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:17 pm

I think supporting the club through thick and thin is one thing, I did this through FFA ownership , kosmina crap, Coolen , fan boycotts, the club taking Clive palmers money etc.

But membership feel more like paying council rates rather than becoming a share holder in an exciting company you believe in.

I also blindly purchased 2 financial memberships each year it was available and received literally no extra benefit at all!

We are asked to buy into the clubs long term plan on and off the field but it's clear there is no plan.

Fans and players have been belittled by members of the board through the media on countless of occasions,

There is no sense of being a member of a club anymore it's much more akin being a number who makes an annual financial sacrifice to sit and clap.

Still a fan of aufc and support the players
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:48 am

I think supporting the club through thick and thin is one thing, I did this through FFA ownership , kosmina crap, Coolen , fan boycotts, the club taking Clive palmers money etc.

But membership feel more like paying council rates rather than becoming a share holder in an exciting company you believe in.

I also blindly purchased 2 financial memberships each year it was available and received literally no extra benefit at all!

We are asked to buy into the clubs long term plan on and off the field but it's clear there is no plan.

Fans and players have been belittled by members of the board through the media on countless of occasions,

There is no sense of being a member of a club anymore it's much more akin being a number who makes an annual financial sacrifice to sit and clap.

Still a fan of aufc and support the players
Yeah that's exactly how I feel. At least with council rates they collect your garbage each week not fill your facebook feed with it.

When the club gets around to forking out the money to complete their squad then I'll consider forking out my money to buy a membership.
Time to Djbate!
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:03 am

I'm going to skip the Adelaide Oval match as the Melb Vic game is not included in the 8 game flexi. Why not just keep it as a 9 game flexi and include that match? It's not going to encourage members to go to Adelaide Oval at full match price. I'm going to put that money on a parmy and a pint and watch it at the pub :)
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:02 am

I'm going to skip the Adelaide Oval match as the Melb Vic game is not included in the 8 game flexi. Why not just keep it as a 9 game flexi and include that match? It's not going to encourage members to go to Adelaide Oval at full match price. I'm going to put that money on a parmy and a pint and watch it at the pub :)
Silly idea. You should put it on a weiner schintzel and a pint. Bloody parmy, good grief.
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:38 pm

Silly idea. You should put it on a weiner schintzel and a pint. Bloody parmy, good grief.
hah! now we are getting into the important part of the discussion :D

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”