United Playing at Norwood Oval!?!

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Re: United Playing at Norwood Oval!?!

Postby sevengoals Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:40 am

NO TO OVAL!

:box:
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Reds4Life
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: RE: Re: United Playing at Norwood Oval!?!

Postby Reds4Life Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:17 am

It's clear as day we need a better deal out of Hindmarsh, so Griff is likely posturing.

I love Hindmarsh as much as anyone, but if an upgrade and a new deal aren't forthcoming then we risk getting left behind if we stay there. I have no issues moving the odd game, probably not to Norwood Oval, mind you if we were to play at an Aussie Rules ground that's probably the one.
Is it that clear?
I know AU did have one of the best deals in the HAL. Although that changed when the AEC took over.
Our rent has almost doubled since they took over
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:17 am

It's clear as day we need a better deal out of Hindmarsh, so Griff is likely posturing.

I love Hindmarsh as much as anyone, but if an upgrade and a new deal aren't forthcoming then we risk getting left behind if we stay there. I have no issues moving the odd game, probably not to Norwood Oval, mind you if we were to play at an Aussie Rules ground that's probably the one.
Is it that clear?
I know AU did have one of the best deals in the HAL. Although that changed when the AEC took over.
Well if true, then talk of moving elsewhere is understandable.
Personally I see that as pure laziness from the AEC. Instead of organising more events like the Foo Fighters concert (which I hear was poorly operated) they just jack up the cost on the only consistent tenant they have.
Time to Djbate!
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:11 am

Is it that clear?
Well if true, then talk of moving elsewhere is understandable.
Personally I see that as pure laziness from the AEC. Instead of organising more events like the Foo Fighters concert (which I hear was poorly operated) they just jack up the cost on the only consistent tenant they have.
This is exactly right. Griff and Co know we have the best stadium but we get slaughtered for it these days.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:14 pm

Does anyone actually know any details about the aufc - aec deal?

I think not , the only info has come from the clubs self and that info is rather shady to say the least.

I don't care what the AEC charge , if we can't afford to play there then this football club should just enter the NPL
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:43 pm

I think not , the only info has come from the clubs self and that info is rather shady to say the least.

I don't care what the AEC charge , if we can't afford to play there then this football club should just enter the NPL
65K I was told.

To play in an old, run down stadium. Unpopular opinion but if something isn't done for Hindmarsh soon our club will die. We either leave or it gets upgraded.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:39 pm

65K I was told.

To play in an old, run down stadium. Unpopular opinion but if something isn't done for Hindmarsh soon our club will die. We either leave or it gets upgraded.
So given the recent upgrades plus the dramatic rise in utilities particularly electricity for night games a rise in the rental price is surely reasonable .

We reportedly had the best stadium deal in the league at one stage, so even if rent has in fact doubled it does not mean we are getting screwed either .
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:50 pm

65K I was told.

So given the recent upgrades plus the dramatic rise in utilities particularly electricity for night games a rise in the rental price is surely reasonable .

We reportedly had the best stadium deal in the league at one stage, so even if rent has in fact doubled it does not mean we are getting screwed either .
Correct, but you can still see why we are looking elsewhere. I'm by no means a fan of the current management but they should always be looking at what's best for our club financially speaking.

I know their preference is to upgrade Hindmarsh but that looks unlikely.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:06 pm

65K I was told.

Correct, but you can still see why we are looking elsewhere. I'm by no means a fan of the current management but they should always be looking at what's best for our club financially speaking.

I know their preference is to upgrade Hindmarsh but that looks unlikely.
Yeah exactly. Nothing wrong with the club trying to strike a better deal. Or better yet drive the AEC out and gain control of Hindmarsh.
If the club could pull that off, that in my mind would go a long way to repairing all the failings fans are currently enduring.
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:03 am

Then AU should buy Hindmarsh.

Clubs which own their own stadiums make the money.
They need to start somewhere and buying Hindmarsh would be the beginning of the "big vision thing" project.

NO TO THE OVAL!

B)

(Am I being too visionary?)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:52 am

Then AU should buy Hindmarsh.

Clubs which own their own stadiums make the money.
They need to start somewhere and buying Hindmarsh would be the beginning of the "big vision thing" project.

NO TO THE OVAL!

B)

(Am I being too visionary?)
I would love for them to do that, and I would love to know the price. In regards to the upgrade, I was under the impression that the land at the southern end was owned by the church who refused to sell.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:50 am

Apparently rent is at 80K...... that's more than double what it was.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:54 am

I wonder how the compares to other stadia?
NIB in Perth would be comparable.
What CCM get charged at Gosford would be another comparable one I'd say.
Time to Djbate!
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:06 pm

Question re Adelaide Oval: how plausible would it be to run the pitch east-west as close as possible to the Riverbank stand?

Depending on minimun pitch requirements (wiki says 90m x 45m) you'd have a stand the length of the pitch and (hopefully) closer with a better viewing gradient (again, wiki has AO as 167m x 124m, obviously that's at its widest east to west, or wing to wing).

And you could put away support on the hill :D
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:22 pm

I wonder how the compares to other stadia?
NIB in Perth would be comparable.
What CCM get charged at Gosford would be another comparable one I'd say.
I'd be interested to know, NIB has undergone a pretty decent reno in the last few years too. Mariners are struggling but I wonder how much of that is stadium, performance or oversaturation

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”