United Playing at Norwood Oval!?!

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: United Playing at Norwood Oval!?!

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:32 pm

Apparently rent is at 80K...... that's more than double what it was.
But double from when ? And what is included in the price? Inflation adjusted ? Etc

If it doubled from season 1 and it hasn't been inflation adjusted then it's an almost laughable thing to moan about from the clubs point of view.

Saying it's doubled is only one part of 20 other relevant bits of information that actually validate the initial claim it that's just the problem!! The club only tell you what they want you to know and lead you down a path that appears as if the world is out to get aufc
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:34 pm

I genuinely believe aec are look to push aufc out of Hindmarsh , they have clearly spent the cash with aufc in mind and it is not in their interest to see aufc play elsewhere.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Reds4Life
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:06 pm

I genuinely believe aec are look to push aufc out of Hindmarsh , they have clearly spent the cash with aufc in mind and it is not in their interest to see aufc play elsewhere.
It's doubled since AEC took over, whenever that was. They've done nothing really to help AUFC succeed other than change the seats to red, looks good but big effing deal.

People in this city are pretty small minded, either AEC come to the party or we look elsewhere, pretty simple. We have the best stadium sure, but if it's not viable to play there then we shouldn't.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:14 pm

AEC took over July 1 2013, so if it was 40k for the 2012-13 season and is not 80k for the 2017-18 season then it has double in 5 years.
I am Scott
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:32 pm

AEC took over July 1 2013, so if it was 40k for the 2012-13 season and is not 80k for the 2017-18 season then it has double in 5 years.
Which is insane.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:01 pm

Which is insane.
No it's not insane when we do not know the terms of each individual contract . It is not so clear cut and dry as that
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:56 pm

Which is insane.
No it's not insane when we do not know the terms of each individual contract . It is not so clear cut and dry as that
You can't justify paying twice as much money for the same stadium. People here just want to have a crack at the owners at every opportunity but in this instance they are doing the right thing.

I have absolutely no issues watching a game at Adelaide Oval, only the narrow minded would.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:04 pm

I'm narrow minded.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:14 pm

Which is insane.
You can't justify paying twice as much money for the same stadium. People here just want to have a crack at the owners at every opportunity but in this instance they are doing the right thing.

I have absolutely no issues watching a game at Adelaide Oval, only the narrow minded would.
I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

Maybe previously the stadium paid for a portion or all of electricity bills in the price of rent , or maybe they took a cute in advertisements or ticket profits ...... we just don't know !

Sure the increase is significant but it's only a very small portion of the real story , I would prefer to reserve my judgement
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:05 pm

Which is insane.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

Maybe previously the stadium paid for a portion or all of electricity bills in the price of rent , or maybe they took a cute in advertisements or ticket profits ...... we just don't know !

Sure the increase is significant but it's only a very small portion of the real story , I would prefer to reserve my judgement
All of that is true of course. I do know that the clubs preference is to stay at Hindmarsh but are being hamstrung by a number of factors.

To compete with the eastern clubs we need to get creative. Filling out the stadium each week is a great start but we aren't a big enough club to absorb low crowds.

I loved going to the baseball at Norwood Oval, not sure the facilities are up to scratch though.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:03 am

Success on the field will bring in large crowds, a lot more memberships, perhaps better sponsorship's and lead to the club having a better financial position. However the way the club is being run on field success will be an accident.
Hindmarsh Stadium can charge a lot because there is no alternative ground where Adelaide United could base themselves. Norwood Oval is not an alternative, it would be a disaster.
I am Scott
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: RE: Re: United Playing at Norwood Oval!?!

Postby Stuckey Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:53 am

Success on the field will bring in large crowds, a lot more memberships, perhaps better sponsorship's and lead to the club having a better financial position. However the way the club is being run on field success will be an accident.
Hindmarsh Stadium can charge a lot because there is no alternative ground where Adelaide United could base themselves. Norwood Oval is not an alternative, it would be a disaster.
The club had success. It offered a boost to memberships and sponsors but not enough to change how the club operates. It's still one of the smallest fish in the pond.
Time to Djbate!
EdDog

United Playing at Norwood Oval!?!

Postby EdDog Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:36 pm

I agree with Reds4Life here.

Doubling rent is insane. Most other places you will see a cpi increase (1-3% p.a.)

Irrespective of the shiny new seats, it's the same stadium.
Last edited by EdDog on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reds4Life

Postby Reds4Life Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:17 pm

I'm narrow minded.

B)
We all love Hindmarsh, now the public transport is better there really is no excuse not to go, but it is tired and old and needs a great deal of work.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:42 pm

I'm narrow minded.

B)
We all love Hindmarsh, now the public transport is better there really is no excuse not to go, but it is tired and old and needs a great deal of work.
I think fundamentally that stadium is great for what it's needed for. IMO it would be near on perfect if each stand had protection from the sun and rain. I know that's a big addition, but I think that would be cheaper than any talk of a new stadium. Which would obviously be wonderful but is totally unnecessary.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”