17/18 HAL Fixtures

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

17/18 HAL Fixtures

Postby Stuckey Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:08 pm

Sounds like AU will be back to Adelaide Oval this coming season. I'm interested to see how the club is going to make it work. I think the 33k they got a couple of seasons back shows it can work but the crowds since that game (besides the GF) haven't been as good. IMO the AO experiment has shown itself to not work. But I can understand the club's interest in trying to make it work. I think the prospect of crowds twice the size that Hindmarsh holds is too good to ignore.
But how the club gets back those sort of crowd numbers when so many fans hate going there is the million dollar question.
Time to Djbate!
Philbyramone
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Re: 17/18 HAL Fixtures

Postby Philbyramone Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:58 pm

I won't go. Crap venue. I went for the GF but won't go for normal match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: 17/18 HAL Fixtures

Postby bpowell454 Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:09 pm

I won't go. Crap venue. I went for the GF but won't go for normal match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same. Absolute garbage for watching football. I had probably the best seats possible for the GF and even though it was the best football game atmosphere I've ever experienced, I still hated the viewing angle and distance.
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:28 pm

I have mixed feelings about Adelaide Oval. Yeah, it's a shit football stadium, but that day in 2016 still gives me goosebumps - and hell, I'm not even a big fan of Finals football! Regardless of where they play, I'll be there. I'm kinda committed for another 2 seasons... lol
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:33 am

We will get a big crowd against MV or Sydney if the team is going well and exciting fans. People will go despite the bad venue if they are watching an exciting successful team. If we are near the bottom of the league, or even just mid table, then we will struggle to get much more than Hindmarsh Stadium's capacity.
I am Scott
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:44 am

It must be against mvfc. More travelling fans plus adelaideians turn up for it.
When will the fixtures be released? I need to plan where to spend my xmas holidays.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:06 am

Ao for grand finals only! this totally goes against what fans have been saying for years
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:56 pm

Ao for grand finals only! this totally goes against what fans have been saying for years
Weekly reminder that according to Greg Griffin, there is no disconnect between the club and fans.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:35 pm

Any AO match should not be a season opener. It needs to at least be a few rounds in, say Round 4.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:03 pm

Any AO match should not be a season opener. It needs to at least be a few rounds in, say Round 4.
Good point. Wait till AFL season is over and use a Hindmarsh game or two to generate interest.

I'd love to see the game tied in with a Socceroo game or something, a temp stand could be built on the pitch and the pitch itself could be dragged towards the South stand. I think that would bring the game far closer to the majority of fans. I doubt such a thing would be viable for one game but a couple of games over a few days could make it worth it.
Time to Djbate!
Reds
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Postby Reds Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:15 pm

I'm no fan of the oval for football. Just ruins the atmosphere and there is nowhere to actually watch the game and be involved (footballs biggest draw card).
I spoke with a few mvfc fans after that last time we played at the oval and they all hated it. They are segregated on the hill, nowhere near rival fans and felt too far away for any intensity or excitment. I really don't think too many mvfc fans would come back again.
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:29 pm

I'm no fan of the oval for football. Just ruins the atmosphere and there is nowhere to actually watch the game and be involved (footballs biggest draw card).
I spoke with a few mvfc fans after that last time we played at the oval and they all hated it. They are segregated on the hill, nowhere near rival fans and felt too far away for any intensity or excitment. I really don't think too many mvfc fans would come back again.
The active bays are especially shit viewing at AO

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:14 am

I wonder who is recommending these games be played at AO. Clearly not the members or other spectators.

I don't see why Foxtel would, atmosphere is poor when not full and it shows on TV. Not to mention all those empty seats, can't be a good look. Same goes for the FFA/A-League, as "optics" is something they would be concerned about.

I don't see why the club would, because don't we lose money unless we get a really high attendance?
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:47 am

Be interesting to know what the club made of 22,000 for the NRL game. Their pitch seemed (on highlights and a few pics I saw) smaller and further from spectators than a football pitch.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:04 pm

I wonder who is recommending these games be played at AO. Clearly not the members or other spectators.

I don't see why Foxtel would, atmosphere is poor when not full and it shows on TV. Not to mention all those empty seats, can't be a good look. Same goes for the FFA/A-League, as "optics" is something they would be concerned about.

I don't see why the club would, because don't we lose money unless we get a really high attendance?
I'm pretty sure it's all AUFC.

I don't know about Adelaide Oval hiring costs (but would be lowered by closing select stands). But it's easy money if there's a big enough turnout. All they need to really do is get over 15k and then the money is all theirs. It's the ticket income.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”