17/18 HAL Fixtures

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Reds
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Booooooogard

Re: 17/18 HAL Fixtures

Postby Reds Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:13 pm

If the red army choose to sit elsewhere other than the home active area and leave a banner " not our home game " it would be the start of a good message tovthe club.
This would be a great idea.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:51 am

I can see both sides of the story for AO.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:07 am

I definitely will not be going!

:mrgreen:
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:59 am

I definitely will not be going!

:mrgreen:
see you there :D
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:32 pm

This deal was signed before last season, get used to it. It is Greg putting the squeeze on the Ent Centre owners, trying to show we are not afraid of moving marquee money making games away from Coopers.

Sadly we the fans get caught up in it and get the shit end of the stick.
Max Power
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Robert 20 Goals Younis

Postby Max Power Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:38 pm

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:00 am

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but we have signed an agreement for 3 years that ALL* finals will be at AO, and at least 1 Victory game a year.

*unless AO is pre booked for something major
Wrote that in early 2016, I am hoping the finals part can be negotiated depending on who we are playing.
UnitedPants
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby UnitedPants Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:40 pm

This is rubbish, one Adelaide game against Victory and it's at the fucking Oval.
Worst part is it's our first home game.

No lead up home games to generate interest - we will be at the mercy of the media promotion (i.e. no promotion).

Expect a lot of people to either boycott AO or not know it is on.
That's where the club needs to come in. If they are expecting a large crowd just to turn up (especially if the off-season is as dismal as last) they will be sadly mistaken. They need to promote the hell out of this match. TV ads, constant ads in the paper or flog off tickets. If it's roughly $32 to attend a game at Hindmarsh where the most they can expect is 16k. They may earn the same level of income from slashing ticket prices (or offering kids free tickets) and gain a larger crowd as a result. $32 x 16,000 = $512,000. $16 x 35,000 = $560,000. I understand there is more to those cost than that. But its a rough highlight that slashing prices for a far larger stadium can bring about similar returns.
Only issue is that this is the club's marquee event to welcoming a load of irregulars along to the game will create a poor atmosphere like the Socceroos v Saudi game and few will gain a connection with the game or the club.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The club is far better off offering existing members incentives to bring friends and family along to Hindmarsh games, (especially lower interest games like the Nix and CCM) where the atmosphere will be miles better and irregulars will be far more likely to connect with the club and game there.
A basic points system similar to frequent flyers would be very easy to establish and even easier to maintain where members get points for purchases. $1 spent on merch = 1 point. $1 spent on purchasing tickets for friends = 2 points.
There points can be redeemed for meaningful items such as playing kits or go towards next season's membership.
They could then generate more interest in buying a mate a ticket for lower interest matches by offer extra points on those match tickets.
Yes there will need to be some incentive, especially as the Melb Vic match is not included in the member's (8 game) flexi this time around.
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:16 pm

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:00 am

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but we have signed an agreement for 3 years that ALL* finals will be at AO, and at least 1 Victory game a year.

*unless AO is pre booked for something major
Wrote that in early 2016, I am hoping the finals part can be negotiated depending on who we are playing.
Hearing that we are attempting to combat this by being really really shit and not making the finals
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:17 pm

If the red army choose to sit elsewhere other than the home active area and leave a banner " not our home game " it would be the start of a good message tovthe club.
Someone post this on that RA Facebook page
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: RE: Re: 17/18 HAL Fixtures

Postby Stuckey Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:18 pm

This deal was signed before last season, get used to it. It is Greg putting the squeeze on the Ent Centre owners, trying to show we are not afraid of moving marquee money making games away from Coopers.

Sadly we the fans get caught up in it and get the shit end of the stick.
Yeah I agree. Best case scenario is that the AEC lose interest in Hindmarsh and fighting AU on things and AU take management control of Hindmarsh.
IMO its more than obviously that's what they are trying to do.
In this situation I'm not upset with the club for trying.
They copped a raw deal on the bidding process it seemed so I think its justified to be seen to be looking around.
But that's not to say that a move to Norwood isn't crazy.
For this reason I'm not 100% against AO games. If the result of going to AO games is that AU are able to manage Hindmarsh sometime in the future, I'd say that's worth it in my books.
As presumably only Grand finals would be played away from Hindmarsh from then on.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”