17/18 HAL Fixtures

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: 17/18 HAL Fixtures

Postby Stuckey Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:24 pm

I wonder if the club is looking big picture here and the more games where they pull +15k crowds, the more talk of expanding Hindmarsh or talk of a new stadium grows.
I think only one ever game at AO has pulled a lower crowd than what Hindmarsh holds IMO there is an argument that if Hindmarsh grew, AU's crowds would as well.
If we used the argument that only once a club out grows a stadium should they gain a bigger/better one. Then Adelaide Oval would have never been redeveloped.
Time to Djbate!
Ghost
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:35 pm

The club wants the players to have a game at AO in preparation for hosting the GF there at the end of the season.
I am Scott
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:43 pm

The club wants the players to have a game at AO in preparation for hosting the GF there at the end of the season.
It would be interesting to hear whether the players actually feel a one off match 6 months before a potential GF is much benefit to them.
Time to Djbate!
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:41 pm

It would be interesting to hear whether the players actually feel a one off match 6 months before a potential GF is much benefit to them.
New players might appreciate not having to play for the first time at a new venue for such an important match, although if we play MV there and then play them in the GF then they have the same slight advantage.
However my post was mostly a joke as I cannot see the club be so optimistic or forward planning. The only reason they would go to AO is to make money. Whether that happens or not probably depends on the form of the team as much as anything.
Would a sponsor be keen for the match because it gives them exposure to different people who might not go to Hiundmarsh?
I am Scott
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:11 pm

New players might appreciate not having to play for the first time at a new venue for such an important match, although if we play MV there and then play them in the GF then they have the same slight advantage.
However my post was mostly a joke as I cannot see the club be so optimistic or forward planning. The only reason they would go to AO is to make money. Whether that happens or not probably depends on the form of the team as much as anything.
Would a sponsor be keen for the match because it gives them exposure to different people who might not go to Hiundmarsh?
Possibly. AO is an attraction to AU as the corporate facilities are infinitely better. This would potentially offer AU the chance at bringing in new sponsors.
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:45 am

Draw is out.

Away to welly round 1
Away to brisbane round 2
Away at AO vs MV round 3

So the first home game is away at AO with absolutely no momentum. The people at the club are so out of touch. 16k at hindmarsh is the best possible atmosphere at any sporting ground in Adelaide bar a GF. 20k at AO makes the club look bad.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:47 am

This is rubbish, one Adelaide game against Victory and it's at the fucking Oval.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:05 pm

Savage start to the season.

Welly away on Sunday.
Brisbane away on Friday.

Can't get much worse than that.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:07 pm

This is rubbish, one Adelaide game against Victory and it's at the fucking Oval.
Worst part is it's our first home game.

No lead up home games to generate interest - we will be at the mercy of the media promotion (i.e. no promotion).

Expect a lot of people to either boycott AO or not know it is on.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:14 pm

Start the season with a few away games and end it the same way.

It'll be interesting to see if the change from Fri to Sat for the FTA game will change viewership?
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:31 pm

Worst part is it's our first home game.

No lead up home games to generate interest - we will be at the mercy of the media promotion (i.e. no promotion).

Expect a lot of people to either boycott AO or not know it is on.
That's where the club needs to come in. If they are expecting a large crowd just to turn up (especially if the off-season is as dismal as last) they will be sadly mistaken. They need to promote the hell out of this match. TV ads, constant ads in the paper or flog off tickets. If it's roughly $32 to attend a game at Hindmarsh where the most they can expect is 16k. They may earn the same level of income from slashing ticket prices (or offering kids free tickets) and gain a larger crowd as a result. $32 x 16,000 = $512,000. $16 x 35,000 = $560,000. I understand there is more to those cost than that. But its a rough highlight that slashing prices for a far larger stadium can bring about similar returns.
Only issue is that this is the club's marquee event to welcoming a load of irregulars along to the game will create a poor atmosphere like the Socceroos v Saudi game and few will gain a connection with the game or the club.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The club is far better off offering existing members incentives to bring friends and family along to Hindmarsh games, (especially lower interest games like the Nix and CCM) where the atmosphere will be miles better and irregulars will be far more likely to connect with the club and game there.
A basic points system similar to frequent flyers would be very easy to establish and even easier to maintain where members get points for purchases. $1 spent on merch = 1 point. $1 spent on purchasing tickets for friends = 2 points.
There points can be redeemed for meaningful items such as playing kits or go towards next season's membership.
They could then generate more interest in buying a mate a ticket for lower interest matches by offer extra points on those match tickets.
Time to Djbate!
View From The Top
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:25 pm

Hilarious that the FFA think that playing each other team twice in the first 18 rounds and each team once in the last nine (The Chase - wtf?) is somehow innovative and revolutionary.

Each season gets more and more "manufactured" I'm beginning to think the NSL bitters may just be right with the "plastic" jibes.

I'll be getting the 8 game "membership" this year (previously gold since inception of the league) as its all I can raise the enthusiasm for.
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:50 pm

Cash grab fc

I'm all for the club finding revenue streams but the message from fans is loud and clear, no to adelaide oval!

On the back of our worst season ever they expect people to turn up at adelaide oval , this could have been pulled off last season post grand final.... but now ? Your dreaming
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:44 pm

People need to stop thinking we should just take this lying down and let it happen, people power can show them that we disagree with this. #BoycottTheOval, Get it Trending. Not only that but when the game comes around, simply don't go, I have been to the previous ones at AO but this is getting out of hand. I thought the previous seasons proved that there was not enough demand to move to that lifeless piece of crap. I also hope those that go will voice their discontent. Hindmarsh is our home and playing our biggest game of the season in front of 20K at that stadium is a waste rather than a packed Hindmarsh.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:28 pm

Bad draw for me, i am spending 2 months in sydney in the new year and not once is aufc playing there. 4 teams there and i can't get a single fixture!!! Devastated.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”