Cirio Leaves

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Philbyramone
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Cirio Leaves

Postby Philbyramone Thu May 18, 2017 9:25 am

Cirio gone. Not much of a farewell for a bloke who has dazzled, thrilled, and at times held the front half together.

I know he has copped criticism here, but he's a dead set legend of the club in my opinion

Shocking treatment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Re: Cirio Leaves

Postby Ghost Thu May 18, 2017 10:26 am

Cirio gone. Not much of a farewell for a bloke who has dazzled, thrilled, and at times held the front half together.

I know he has copped criticism here, but he's a dead set legend of the club in my opinion

Shocking treatment

Agree entirely.
I am Scott
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Thu May 18, 2017 10:35 am

So, another top-quality Adelaide winger off to bolster the Mariners. Difference between him and Ferreira is that he seems like a really humble, nice guy and someone who helps bring the team together.
A huge loss - at his peak he's one of the best in the league. Thanks for everything, and all the best Sergio!
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Thu May 18, 2017 10:56 am

Sad to see him go.

However i think his best days are behind him and being a visa player we cant afford to hang onto these guys out of emotion.

There are always going to be tough decisions when it comes to squad overhauls. Hopefully we are able to recruit a newer model cirio for a similar price.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Philbyramone

Postby Philbyramone Thu May 18, 2017 11:05 am

Bloody Ferreira kept coming back to haunt us when we played CCM. I bet Cirio does the same.

Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg Thu May 18, 2017 11:08 am

Nailed on.
Ghost

Postby Ghost Thu May 18, 2017 11:17 am

Sad to see him go.

However i think his best days are behind him and being a visa player we cant afford to hang onto these guys out of emotion.

There are always going to be tough decisions when it comes to squad overhauls. Hopefully we are able to recruit a newer model cirio for a similar price.
Yeah because the only reason I would want to keep a player who was playing well and was our best winger by a huge margin is because I am emotional and not thinking correctly.
I am Scott
Philbyramone

Postby Philbyramone Thu May 18, 2017 11:22 am

I'm not arguing that he should have stayed - that's for the club to decide. I'm just saying I'm disappointed at the apparent lack of respect shown.

shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu May 18, 2017 11:27 am

Sad to see him go.

Yeah because the only reason I would want to keep a player who was playing well and was our best winger by a huge margin is because I am emotional and not thinking correctly.
Well im not sure you ARE thinking correctly ghosty because the post was not aimed at anyone and certainly not you. Why do you get so offended by oppinions that differ from yours? At the end of the day its just football.

Ofcourse we want to keep our long serving players this is an emotional decision but not always the right one. Like i said hopefully we can get a new model cirio and come out on top.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu May 18, 2017 11:29 am

I'm not arguing that he should have stayed - that's for the club to decide. I'm just saying I'm disappointed at the apparent lack of respect shown.

Yep the guy deserved to be carried off the pitch imo
Ghost

Postby Ghost Thu May 18, 2017 11:33 am

Sad to see him go.

Well im not sure you ARE thinking correctly ghosty because the post was not aimed at anyone and certainly not you. Why do you get so offended by oppinions that differ from yours? At the end of the day its just football.

Ofcourse we want to keep our long serving players this is an emotional decision but not always the right one. Like i said hopefully we can get a new model cirio and come out on top.
Your post was not aimed at me alone, that is completely true, it was about the opinion of wanting him to stay, which I hold, being one made out of emotion.
Answer these two questions,
Was Cirio playing well?
Was Cirio our best winger?
I answer yes to both of these and therefore believe he should have been given a one year contract. Nothing to do with emotion, your suggestion is just wrong and insulting.
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu May 18, 2017 12:04 pm

Lol ok ghosty, we have a difference of opinion. Nothing to see here
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Thu May 18, 2017 12:20 pm

I'm pretty disappointed by the lack of a proper sending off as well.

Side note: The missus seems legit sad to be leaving Adelaide. She loved it here.
Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg Thu May 18, 2017 12:26 pm

Have heard the same re: all our Latin contingent tbh. People underestimate the pull of living in a place like this for foreigners.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu May 18, 2017 1:46 pm

I think the general rule is girlfriends don't enjoy adelaide , wives and mothers love it.

Adelaide is like a fine wine

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”