AUFC vs WSW 15/4/17 - Match Day Jamboree!!!

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Philbyramone
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Re: AUFC vs WSW 15/4/17 - Match Day Jamboree!!!

Postby Philbyramone Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:47 pm

Lustica all class celebrating a goal against his old club and giving it to the fans in the outer.

Once a wanker, always a wanker. Wanker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:51 pm

Anyway, sums up our season. Completely outplayed the visitors but drew, and but for Eugene would have lost.

3 of the back 4 were locals (could have been all 4 if Warland replaced the Legend), plus McGree, O'Doherty, and mileusnic in midfield.

Babalj had a promising start but not really up to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
leigh

Postby leigh Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:45 pm

Came home feeling quite deflated after that, great first half and an awful second, lot of players I imagine playing their final regular season home game and it wasn't a great send off.

First half they sat deep and gave as a lot of time on the ball, all our midfield looked solid and took turns rotating in and out of ball carrying #8 duties, Both Chelo and Mcgree took turns pushing into flanks to support in numbers and providing options. I thought Babalj with minimal match fitness looked good, he is never going to look like a super busy hustle player but he always provided an option and gave a lot of communication verbally and through his signals, decent body work and used his chest and hips to move the ball well, played a few great balls on the floor also. Marrone was a monster as usual and killed everything.

I feel like Amor was out-coached by Popovich in the second half sadly. Changed their midfield numbers and pushed up on us, realized we were not getting much out of Jordan and often switched at the back to put more numbers on the press. We had very little to offer and didn't change our game plan, reverted back to the old 'kick it out wide and hope for the counter". WSW also stepped the aggro which I felt wasn't punished by the officials enough. Kim is a handy player but his positional discipline and coverage is an issue, I'm sure its a language/style thing but he is super risk/reward when he is on the pitch.

Video review is confusing, looks like the officials are told to just not think about until a call comes in, a few times including their penalty there perhaps should been a stop in play knowing a consultation would come through but it appeared live at least it wasn't a factor.

Final though, LaRocca playing his final game definitely reminded everyone how he plays.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:48 pm

Should not have given Wanderers a sniff then. Unfortunately we eased off just as WSW were stepping up.
It will be tragic if we lose Chelo, Eugene, Cirio & McGowan, all played their hearts out, can't fault the effort. Val's boy though, what a spud - no matter how good a defender he can be, there's always a few brain farts like that in him every season. Liability.
What a player McGree is though. Between him, O'Doherty and Garuccio we have some of the best young talent in the league locked down for next season.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:17 am

La Rocca is a thug who is past it, no club legend in my book but a solid contributer last seasonand that is all.
So he will probably be resigned while we lose another 5-6 of our best players as is the usual at AU.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:39 pm

I am far from sure it is cause and effect but I thought WSW got on top after McGree was substituted.
I am Scott
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:29 pm

It could have been fatigue setting in. Pretty big week for some of the players.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”