Preview: AUFC v Perth 31.03.17

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Preview: AUFC v Perth 31.03.17

Postby Stuckey Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:17 am

What happened to Mells? He was looking promising last year however seems to have dropped off the radar.
He's a symptom of the non-existent youth development system in Australia. The guy would be lucky to have played 15 games at differing levels this season.
He's also one of a half dozen players that had injury/illness interrupted preseasons (or in the first few games). It's no surprise to me that all of these players have had underwhelming seasons and some have only just started to play some decent football. The reasons for that might be because being more senior they were given games even though they were underdone and have built some fitness and form which hasn't been afforded to the younger Mells so it does link to what you're saying.
Yeah and so often with these players they hit a decent run of form and/or games then get called up to the olyroos and lose their positon at their club and have to come back and fight their way back in from the bench or NYL (if they are lucky enough to have that happen between the end of Nov and Jan).
Time to Djbate!
EdDog
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Preview: AUFC v Perth 31.03.17

Postby EdDog Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:18 pm

Chelo, McGree and Kitto back in!

Tough selections this week, we have 4 starting midfielders for only 3 positions. Can any of them play right wing? That seems to be our weakest link at the moment.
Do an Ange and put 'em all in. 3-2-4-1 plz

You've obviously seen the Road to Russia thread with me bagging him for doing that...

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”