AU Ownership

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Rojos
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

AU Ownership

Postby Rojos Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:47 am

Could possibly fall in to another thread, but it looks like these rumours will be bubbling along for a while now:

- Marveggio to take over the club entirely
- Red Bull to take over the club
- Chinese investors to take over the club

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/foo ... f92f81926a

I'm not overly interested in AU being a breeding ground for Chinese youngsters in a Chinese backed club but it looks like money talks in this situation. Gombau was brought here to promote South Australian youngsters, this should remain our primary goal.

Thoughts????????????
spaceCowboy

Re: AU Ownership

Postby spaceCowboy Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:58 am

I believe the article had more to do with Griffins links to China than anything else (If this is the same article i read earlier this morning, i don't have paid access to the Advertiser)
Doing some talks etc..

The club needs to find alternate revenue streams. The FFA are so restrictive, so the club needs to be creative.
If there is some serious cash the club can make by doing this then so be it. But it should not jeopardize what the club is all about.
We are UNITED, after all....
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:01 am

Yeah very interesting read.

I agree the club has to be creative in generating revenue streams. I would love to see the club strike up some actual deals with China. At this point its just a goodwill-friendship sort of relationship.
I know China is very interested in creating more pitches a facilities for more and more players. But as far as space goes how much more blood can they get out of a stone? So coming to Australia seems like a great alternative. As long as they invest in facilities of course. There is huge space that is un-utilised around Adelaide for big complexes, the club has mentioned interest in a facility at O'Halloran Hill where there is a ridiculous amount of space, the other side of Mt Barker is very easy to get to and around Gawler as well. I think the best part about these sort of facilities as well is most of the facility is just open space, if it turns out in 20 years time the land becomes very valuable and needed for other reasons (such as commercial or residential land) they'd basically have to tear down a couple of small building and build over the grass.
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:44 pm

I dont see the problem with au having chinese investment and having programs where chinese youth spend time in adelaide.

It can only raise the standard that our promising youth are exposed to, raise the standard of coaching and help create a stronger footballing culture.

The words "chinese investment" seems to be dirty words not just in football but in most facets of life. The reality is china is looming as an economic powerhouse of the future and most certainly our region. We can either fight it and struggle or find mutually beneficial arrangements to help the game here.

In some way its rather ironic the chinese are interested in aufc ( in one one way or another )yet mining companies in SA will not touch AUFC or the local community however china was responsible for the last mining boom and will continue keeping these companies fat into the future. This is something i beleive Griffin has touched on in the past.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:01 pm

I dont see the problem with au having chinese investment and having programs where chinese youth spend time in adelaide.

It can only raise the standard that our promising youth are exposed to, raise the standard of coaching and help create a stronger footballing culture.

The words "chinese investment" seems to be dirty words not just in football but in most facets of life. The reality is china is looming as an economic powerhouse of the future and most certainly our region. We can either fight it and struggle or find mutually beneficial arrangements to help the game here.

In some way its rather ironic the chinese are interested in aufc ( in one one way or another )yet mining companies in SA will not touch AUFC or the local community however china was responsible for the last mining boom and will continue keeping these companies fat into the future. This is something i beleive Griffin has touched on in the past.
Australian mining companies don't need to invest in HAL clubs. The Port Adelaide AFL game being played in China this season will have everyone loving that code in no time! :D
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:13 pm

Lol
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:54 am

ADELAIDE United heavyweights Robert Gerard and Greg Griffin want co-owner Bruno Marveggio to sell his stake in the Reds after revelations the businessman had not paid his staff superannuation.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business/ ... 9b58c6767c

Interesting developments.

The rest of the board seem keen to give Marveggio the boot. A lot of fans are very keen to see him stay.

I can't say I'm in the know as to why Bruno is so popular with the fans?
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:20 pm

Sounds like they are trying to push him out over tidly winks involving an issue that has nothing to do with aufc . I wonder if red Bull or a Chinese investor is waiting behind the scenes for Bruno's 25% ?
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:38 pm

Sounds like they are trying to push him out over tidly winks involving an issue that has nothing to do with aufc . I wonder if red Bull or a Chinese investor is waiting behind the scenes for Bruno's 25% ?
Yeah it seems pretty clear the two things aren't linked.
If its to get someone else to own Bruno's share that's a bit sad. Obviously the in's and out's of the club's ownership structure aren't something I'm super aware of, but surely increasing the amount of shares available would be a better situation as it would be increasing the financial strength of the club.
But obviously that reduces existing shareholders control. Which is probably a big part of what's going on.
Time to Djbate!
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:25 pm

ADELAIDE United heavyweights Robert Gerard and Greg Griffin want co-owner Bruno Marveggio to sell his stake in the Reds after revelations the businessman had not paid his staff superannuation.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business/ ... 9b58c6767c

Interesting developments.

The rest of the board seem keen to give Marveggio the boot. A lot of fans are very keen to see him stay.

Marveggio has a strong dislike for Griffin, including his manner and conduct.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Re: RE: Re: AU Ownership

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:53 pm

I could be wrong but wasn't it because in the beginning he was perceived as the only "football person" in the ownership group?

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”