WATRs Player of 2016/17 Season - HAL R23

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Eugene Galekovic
No votes
Michael Marrone
6%
Dylan McGowan
No votes
Taylor Regan
29%
Kim Jae-Sung
3%
Papa Diawara
16%
Marcelo Carrusca
26%
Sergio Cirio
13%
Mark Ochieng
No votes
Riley McGree
3%
Tarek Elrich
No votes
Nikola Mileusnic
3%
Ben Garuccio
No votes
Jordan O'Doherty
No votes

Total votes: 31
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:05 pm

Considering the season the club has had. I'll take wins no matter how they come.
Time to Djbate!
Philbyramone
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Re: WATRs Player of 2016/17 Season - HAL R23

Postby Philbyramone Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:16 pm

Mad Dog Regan again for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: WATRs Player of 2016/17 Season - HAL R23

Postby bpowell454 Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:51 pm

Did you see him near the end of the game when he was retreiving a ball for galeckovic for a goal kick he threw the ball into his own forehead and sent the rebound to euge? like he just downed a beer and was smashing the can into his forrid.

Is Taylor Regan's scalp finally the marquee player we've been missing since Iain Fyfe's beard departed the club.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:11 am

Stuckey think you missed one of the players - the bloke in black with the whistle who won us the penalty. Can't think of his name...
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:23 am

Aw hell yeah.

Tay Tay a future captain if he hangs around.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
RedTide
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bernardo + Dylan Holmes
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: The Self-Preservation Society

Postby RedTide Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:17 pm

Carrusca had his best game of the season but ruined everyone's day by giving away 2 stupid yellows. Cirio had his best game ina year and is finally getting his crosses on target again. Regan is the reason that we won the match.

Sad to say, but Galekovic is the reason that we nearly lost it. It's time to move him on. The sooner that we make Margush the first choice keeper, the better. We could even keep Eugene as the goalkeeper's coach.

Baba is really adapting very quickly and is a genuine striker. What a different season we would have had if we had had him instead of Guardiola. Oh well.

Even if the league season is gone, we're actually looking pretty good for the ACL now.
"Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea".
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Stuckey think you missed one of the players - the bloke in black with the whistle who won us the penalty. Can't think of his name...
:lol:
Theo's elbow deserves a vote as well!
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:32 pm

Carrusca had his best game of the season but ruined everyone's day by giving away 2 stupid yellows. Cirio had his best game ina year and is finally getting his crosses on target again. Regan is the reason that we won the match.

Sad to say, but Galekovic is the reason that we nearly lost it. It's time to move him on. The sooner that we make Margush the first choice keeper, the better. We could even keep Eugene as the goalkeeper's coach.

Baba is really adapting very quickly and is a genuine striker. What a different season we would have had if we had had him instead of Guardiola. Oh well.

Even if the league season is gone, we're actually looking pretty good for the ACL now.
Yeah I'm surprised Carrusca polled so well given the red. I think that probably was his best game of the season but his brain fade should have cost AU the game.
I agree it wasn't Euge's best game but I think we need to look at his entire season before putting him in the "too old" category.
I find it interesting that. Carrusca has had a (till now) a lousy season (the weekend was his first assist from the season), one decent match and his name is praised, the opposite IMO is true of Euge who's made some errors this season but otherwise has been as good as ever, is being told he needs to move on.
I still feel Margush's distribution isn't up to scratch yet to warrant a full time position just yet.

I think the same is true for Reegs as far as his distribution isn't being up to scratch to warrant starting permanently. He throws himself around a lot but going forward on the ball he turns it over far too often. I think its a example of how much further the HAL needs to develop that players like Regan are celebrated as much as he is. He's a big physical bloke who's willing to back himself to time a hard tackle is obviously great. But as soon as he's won the ball the opposition CB is more often than not the person to receive the ball from him. I think the HAL should expect more from CBs than just tackle, clearance, tackle, clearance in a very much 80's English second division style of defending. Obviously Regan does the basics right which is great, but I think the premier football league in Australia needs to seek out more than just the basics.
Time to Djbate!
Philbyramone

Postby Philbyramone Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:00 am

Yeah I'm surprised Carrusca polled so well given the red. I think that probably was his best game of the season but his brain fade should have cost AU the game.
I agree it wasn't Euge's best game but I think we need to look at his entire season before putting him in the "too old" category.
I find it interesting that. Carrusca has had a (till now) a lousy season (the weekend was his first assist from the season), one decent match and his name is praised, the opposite IMO is true of Euge who's made some errors this season but otherwise has been as good as ever, is being told he needs to move on.
I still feel Margush's distribution isn't up to scratch yet to warrant a full time position just yet.

I think the same is true for Reegs as far as his distribution isn't being up to scratch to warrant starting permanently. He throws himself around a lot but going forward on the ball he turns it over far too often. I think its a example of how much further the HAL needs to develop that players like Regan are celebrated as much as he is. He's a big physical bloke who's willing to back himself to time a hard tackle is obviously great. But as soon as he's won the ball the opposition CB is more often than not the person to receive the ball from him. I think the HAL should expect more from CBs than just tackle, clearance, tackle, clearance in a very much 80's English second division style of defending. Obviously Regan does the basics right which is great, but I think the premier football league in Australia needs to seek out more than just the basics.
I shall watch what he does with the ball more closely, but it's his swashbuckling style that catches my eye. Certainly entertaining.

Philbyramone

Postby Philbyramone Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:05 am

I shall watch what he does with the ball more closely, but it's his swashbuckling style that catches my eye. Certainly entertaining.

Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:58 am

True I'll give him that. Like Carrusca he's very entertaining to watch. But as fans what do we want? Entertainment or that winning feeling? Obviously the two aren't mutually exclusive, but for now I know which I value more.
Time to Djbate!
Philbyramone

Postby Philbyramone Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:06 pm

True I'll give him that. Like Carrusca he's very entertaining to watch. But as fans what do we want? Entertainment or that winning feeling? Obviously the two aren't mutually exclusive, but for now I know which I value more.
This season I'll just settle for a good entertaining laugh!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”