Preview: AUFC v Brisbane Roar 19.03.2017

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

bpowell454
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Preview: AUFC v Brisbane Roar 19.03.2017

Postby bpowell454 Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:23 am

2nd time Marrone has been omitted this season, I cant work anything out anymore with the squad selections, the whole club is a mess. New owner rumours around, has to be something in that. No Amor decision by end of Feb, hardly any player signings etc all reek of something going on.
Isn't Marrone one of the few players who has signed an extension with the club a couple of months ago?

The only reasoning I can think of is that we're just keeping the same team as Wednesday night
supsup

Re: Preview: AUFC v Brisbane Roar 19.03.2017

Postby supsup Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:50 am

New ownership rumours? This season makes more sense now
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: RE: Re: Preview: AUFC v Brisbane Roar 19.03.2017

Postby Stuckey Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:32 am

2nd time Marrone has been omitted this season, I cant work anything out anymore with the squad selections, the whole club is a mess. New owner rumours around, has to be something in that. No Amor decision by end of Feb, hardly any player signings etc all reek of something going on.
Isn't Marrone one of the few players who has signed an extension with the club a couple of months ago?

The only reasoning I can think of is that we're just keeping the same team as Wednesday night
Yeah he has just signed a new deal. Have we heard he's definitely omitted?
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Preview: AUFC v Brisbane Roar 19.03.2017

Postby bpowell454 Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:22 pm

According to the HAL official ins and outs Thursday arvo post/email.

Adelaide United squad:

1.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk) (c), 4.Dylan McGOWAN, 5.Taylor REGAN, 7.Jae-sung KIM, 9.Baba DIAWARA, 11.Sergio CIRIO, 12.Mark OCHIENG, 13.Marc MARINO, 14.George MELLS, 15.Ben WARLAND, 16.Jesse MAKAROUNAS, 17.Nikola MILEUSNIC, 18.Riley McGREE, 19.Ben GARUCCIO, 21.Tarek ELRICH, 24.Jordan O'DOHERTY, 30.Daniel MARGUSH (gk), 92.Eli BABALJ **two to be omitted**

Ins: 1.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk) (returns from injury), 13.Marc MARINO (promoted), 14.George MELLS (promoted), 15.Ben WARLAND (promoted), 17.Nikola MILEUSNIC (promoted)

Outs: 2.Michael MARRONE (not selected), 10.Marcelo CARRUSCA (not selected), 20.John HALL (gk) (not selected)

Unavailable: 3.Iacopo LA ROCCA (hip – 3 weeks), 8.Isaìas (knee – indefinite), 22.Ryan KITTO (hamstring – 2 weeks), 23.Jordan ELSEY (knee – season)

No Oar, Broich, Devere or Bowles for Brisbane.
Stuckey

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Preview: AUFC v Brisbane Roar 19.03.2017

Postby Stuckey Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:24 pm

According to the HAL official ins and outs Thursday arvo post/email.

Adelaide United squad:

1.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk) (c), 4.Dylan McGOWAN, 5.Taylor REGAN, 7.Jae-sung KIM, 9.Baba DIAWARA, 11.Sergio CIRIO, 12.Mark OCHIENG, 13.Marc MARINO, 14.George MELLS, 15.Ben WARLAND, 16.Jesse MAKAROUNAS, 17.Nikola MILEUSNIC, 18.Riley McGREE, 19.Ben GARUCCIO, 21.Tarek ELRICH, 24.Jordan O'DOHERTY, 30.Daniel MARGUSH (gk), 92.Eli BABALJ **two to be omitted**

Ins: 1.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk) (returns from injury), 13.Marc MARINO (promoted), 14.George MELLS (promoted), 15.Ben WARLAND (promoted), 17.Nikola MILEUSNIC (promoted)

Outs: 2.Michael MARRONE (not selected), 10.Marcelo CARRUSCA (not selected), 20.John HALL (gk) (not selected)

Unavailable: 3.Iacopo LA ROCCA (hip – 3 weeks), 8.Isaìas (knee – indefinite), 22.Ryan KITTO (hamstring – 2 weeks), 23.Jordan ELSEY (knee – season)

No Oar, Broich, Devere or Bowles for Brisbane.
Well there you have it, both not selected. The plot thickens!
Time to Djbate!
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:33 pm

But then again, AU have a short history (like last 3 weeks) of players being omitted and then being selected and captaining the team!

Re Red Bull, Leipzig is hardly the centre of Germany nor is Salzburg the largest city in Austria (4th largest), so besides New York, they do have a tendancy of choosing unfashionable locations for such a well known company. Add the fact we are already red, most definitely unfashionable, known as pissants (similar to the taste of redbull I'd imagine). - the more I look into it its a done deal............. :wink:
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:32 pm

This club has done some strange things in all the years we have been following it but this is about the strangest of them all!

Ins:13.Marc MARINO (promoted), 14.George MELLS (promoted), 15.Ben WARLAND (promoted), 17.Nikola MILEUSNIC (promoted)

Outs: 2.Michael MARRONE (not selected), 10.Marcelo CARRUSCA (not selected),

Something very weird is going on.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:22 pm

But then again, AU have a short history (like last 3 weeks) of players being omitted and then being selected and captaining the team!

Re Red Bull, Leipzig is hardly the centre of Germany nor is Salzburg the largest city in Austria (4th largest), so besides New York, they do have a tendancy of choosing unfashionable locations for such a well known company. Add the fact we are already red, most definitely unfashionable, known as pissants (similar to the taste of redbull I'd imagine). - the more I look into it its a done deal............. :wink:
I'd say Germany and Austria have far different demographics to Australia and the example of USA would probably be more accurate. So I'd say Red Bull are about as likely to take over AU as they would be starting up a new club in Broome.
Time to Djbate!
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:08 pm

I do agree in all seriousness, Jims Antennas is probably the best corporate buy out we can hope for :D
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:54 pm

It's worth noting Red Bull love a challenge, they also took over a bottom rung F1 team and turned them into the dominant team. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they were interested in our league and if it's us then awesome.

Can't fathom how both Chelo and Marrone are out given neither made the trip to China.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:30 pm

Red Bull could take over the entire A-league, create a second division and it's accountants would not bat an eyelid.
It would be the Red Bull - RB-league and all teams would be in various shades of Red.

Simple.

:D
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:31 pm

I don't understand why Marrone has been left out.
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
bpowell454

Postby bpowell454 Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:26 pm

This arvo the club announced a completely different team sheet on their website compared to the a leagues official site's announcement yesterday.

Happy with the new sheet, although I'm not sure who we can bring on for the alst 30 seconds now that Makarounas has been dropped
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:42 am

This arvo the club announced a completely different team sheet on their website compared to the a leagues official site's announcement yesterday.

Happy with the new sheet, although I'm not sure who we can bring on for the alst 30 seconds now that Makarounas has been dropped
Crisis over!
Time to Djbate!
View From The Top
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:50 am

Those Thursday In and Outs put out by the league are garbage. I wouldn't put much faith in them ever.
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”