2017 Summary (The highs & Lows)

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Totally_Red
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

2017 Summary (The highs & Lows)

Postby Totally_Red Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:58 am

Many on here have criticized Amor and have called for his replacement. But has his coaching really been that bad. Let's look at the team

Goal keepers
Lets start with Galekovic. One of AU's great and marques. Poor season. Questions need be asked whether marque wages are deserved. With Margush stepping up is it time for Galekovic to step into a coaching role.

Next Hall. To me disappointing. Should be dropped next season.

Margush should be our no 1 next season with either Richards as reseve keeper or bring in someone else.

Defenders

Not a-lot can be said of our defense. The three youths in Garuccio, Ochiengs, and Warland have done reasonable well. I think all deserve a spot in next years squad. As for the senior player, Larocca and McGowan have played more like youths trying to find their feet. Not good enough. I found Regan to have settled the ship more. To me the Jury is out whether they deserve to be resigned.
Marrone and Elrich have done enough to be resigned.

Midfielders

Thank god for Isias. Season could have been far worse if it wasn't for his hard work. Definite resigning. Mells and Makarounis have disappointed this season. Both young but I don't think worth persisting with. Kitto is interesting one. Not rated by many. For me I think as a squaddy may deserve one more season.
McGree has been one of this years success out of such a poor season. A must to resign. Kim looks the goods. A real leader on the park which is much needed. Would love to see him next season. For me it's time for Carrusca to go. Demands marque wages and has produced nothing this year. I would only risk him on minimal wages next season which we all know he will not accept. Plays well when team plays well but head down and goes missing in a poor team. Not a fighter.

Forward

Baba & babalj, too early to judge. Cirio has been played out of position most season. Been average this season, Not fair to make judgement. Marino seems to be out of favor with Amor. The little we have seen he seems to have potential. Without knowing why he is out of favor it would be unwise to judge. To me Mileusnic has done enough to make next years squad. With more game time he's going to be a great player. O'Doherty another one of our success stories. Been great for a youth.

Summary

Next Season

Goal keeper
Margush

Defense
Marrone, Elrich, Warland,, Garuccio, Ochiengs and (Regan to provide the experience)

Midfield
Isias, McGree, Kim

Forwards
Cirio, Mileusnic, O'Doherty, (Baba & babalj, too early to judge)

So out of next years squad 7 of the 13 I would select are youth players. Lookin at it more closely that mean 6from the 10 youths in this years team have been a success with Margush coming from our youth squad. That leaves Jessie been our biggest disappointment, Marino who was out of favor and Kitto who I hold reservations for.

It is clear to me our seniors have been our biggest problem this year. So back to the question. Has Amor really had such a bad season. One can argue it's been a good season. We have produced a lot of up and coming talent. Add the correct seniors to my opinion squad and 2-3 more promising youths and next year will be a good year. Not a championship year but a good one.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: 2017 Summary (The highs & Lows)

Postby Stuckey Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:32 am

How has Richards impressed you over Hall?
When has Ochieng played defence this season?
Time to Djbate!
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:03 am

If Amor gets creit for last season, he sure as hell has to take some credit for the woeful current season.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:10 am

If Amor gets creit for last season, he sure as hell has to take some credit for the woeful current season.
That's a good point.
Time to Djbate!
Totally_Red
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Totally_Red Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:34 pm

Stuckey AUFC have Ocheing as a defender so I left him as a defender. You are right though he has played as a winger.
As for Claws comment. Our squad this year has been woeful. Who is to blame? Coach or management? Looking at the squad we have and as stated we had 11 out of our squad youth players most have them with no previous or very minimal A-league experience do you expect much more from the coach? Add to this our two marques have been that poor they both do not deserve starting spots. Our injuries this year have not helped us at all, not really an excuse as others have suffered similar. Last years Seniors except for Elrich, Marrone, & Isias have been very poor.
It seems to me like the seniors became cocky and complacent with their position on the team. The youth who came in fighting for their spots have done well and have improved every game with the experience and playing time they are getting. Yes AUFC have had a woeful season but has it really been Amor's fault. Does he deserve any credit for the youth that have been developed this year and should hopefully thrive next year either under himself or a new coach? I think to really judge Amor to see if he is truly a good coach would need at least the first half of next season. Is he worth the risk though? WSW have taken the risk with Popa. Popa seems to have a really good season then the next woeful. It has become a pattern with him as with every year he re-invents himself. Is Amor a victim of a successful year where if you win one season the next one is most likely always a struggle?
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:24 pm

It's probably just best if you call him "Isa", TR :D
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:27 pm

Incidentally have you seen Kim's photo on the AUFC site? That alone has to be worth a re-signing.
sudden reversal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Michael Marrone

Postby sudden reversal Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:20 pm

supsup

Postby supsup Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:04 pm

How did eye mis dis thred of in site?
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:16 pm

How did eye mis dis thred of in site?
Bad luck mate. All the spelling jokes have been done!
Time to Djbate!
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:41 pm

Absolute madman
we da best

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”