Carrusca Related

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

The Claw
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Re: Carusca Related

Postby The Claw Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:27 pm

If he is an aussie by then and not on marquee wages, then yes.
All of our foreigners have been pretty ordinary bar Isaais this year and that includes Cirio (who is one of my faves when on song) and you could mount a case to release any of them at seasons end.
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:48 pm

Every senior player has been crap this season at one stage or another.

There is no way that I would I like to see Carrusca leave Adelaide and the club under these circumstances. I still believe he has enough to offer.
I also think he has the right character to be of great use to the club in the future, either as a youth coach or as a club Ambassador.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
supsup

Postby supsup Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:49 pm

It is spelled I-s-a-i-a-s
RC1913
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby RC1913 Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:53 pm

It was evident early in the season Holland was not linking up well with Chelo, I saw Chelo not getting into it more as a problem with the structure and personnel around him. I feel Kim and even Mcgree is perfect fit for isaias and carrusca, links very well and brings Chelo into the game and no surprise Chelo played his best games since Kim. You wanting to show him the door will certainly regret it when he tears it apart in another team and he will
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Carusca Related

Postby bpowell454 Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:15 pm

It was evident early in the season Holland was not linking up well with Chelo, I saw Chelo not getting into it more as a problem with the structure and personnel around him. I feel Kim and even Mcgree is perfect fit for isaias and carrusca, links very well and brings Chelo into the game and no surprise Chelo played his best games since Kim. You wanting to show him the door will certainly regret it when he tears it apart in another team and he will
Agree.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:16 pm

Why does a new player HAVE to link up well with him though? Its a two way street and he needs to work with the new players too.

One aspect of his game that just isn't up to scratch for me is his chance creation. He AU's marquee and #10 he needs to be the one finding players in the area. If we look at his created chances for the season he's averaging 1.2 chances created per game this season. If we compare that to the top 10 in the HAL (which should be his measure IMO) that list is averaging between 2.2 chances and 1.8. So its pretty clear he's significantly off the mark compared to other players in the league in a similar position.
http://www.a-league.com.au/stats-centre/player-stats
His chance creation is down comparatively. As I've mentioned in previous posts about him, his amount of passing is down comparatively, his passing success is down comparatively, his assists are down comparatively and his consistency of stringing matches together isn't there either.
The guy has been a massive player for AU over the seasons but all good things come to an end.
Time to Djbate!
Totally_Red
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Totally_Red Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:41 pm

My opinion is inferred: I don't agree with you
No-one has asked you to agree with me and so far your contribution has been sh#t. You can't even answer two simple questions. Did Carrusca deserve a ACL spot in place of one of the other foreigners? Would you want to re-sign Carrusca next year?
I say no to both. Of course you don't need agree with me hence why we discuss things on forums. But your rudeness is not appreciated so either contribute properly or simple f#ck off.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:44 pm

Carrusca is unique as a player in our squad, no one in the squad can do what he can do when he is playing at his best, his skill level is way beyond anyone else in the squad. The trouble is, and this something which is not his fault, he is getting older and his body is just not capable of being the same player. It is not a simple as just telling him he should have played better when his body is probably a major limiting factor. I would love to see him playing well and he has improved in his last couple of games which is great to see. I was looking forward to him starting again on the back of this improved form and playing a key role in the team reliving the ACL players from a busy schedule.

However if he has fallen out with the club over his non-selection in the ACL squad, sadly correct decision in my view, then it is sad to see one the clubs greats leave in such manner. Hopefully what ever has happened can be resolved and he can return to the side and play well.
I am Scott
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:58 pm

Carrusca is unique as a player in our squad, no one in the squad can do what he can do when he is playing at his best, his skill level is way beyond anyone else in the squad. The trouble is, and this something which is not his fault, he is getting older and his body is just not capable of being the same player. It is not a simple as just telling him he should have played better when his body is probably a major limiting factor. I would love to see him playing well and he has improved in his last couple of games which is great to see. I was looking forward to him starting again on the back of this improved form and playing a key role in the team reliving the ACL players from a busy schedule.

However if he has fallen out with the club over his non-selection in the ACL squad, sadly correct decision in my view, then it is sad to see one the clubs greats leave in such manner. Hopefully what ever has happened can be resolved and he can return to the side and play well.
Yeah. Spot on.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:00 pm

Clearly some believe he's still offering something, others don't.
There is no need for slagging each other off over something none of us have control over.
If you feel the need to do that this there are plenty of forums that seem to welcome that sort of behaviour. This isn't one of them.
Time to Djbate!
Totally_Red
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Carrusca Related

Postby Totally_Red Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:38 am

Agree Stuckey, I though Carruca was worth discussing. He falls into a Cassio category. I would hate to see him leave on bad terms but looks to be going that way. Some people on this forum if you can call them that, have been rude because I don't agree with them. I consider what I wrote back to them as been polite compared to what I should have written back.

I also agree that most our senior players have been crap. It does not excuse Carrusca though. As marque his role is to lift the team. Be a leader. I say Kim who as played only a handful of games with almost no English has done a better job.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:29 am

Agree Stuckey, I though Carruca was worth discussing. He falls into a Cassio category. I would hate to see him leave on bad terms but looks to be going that way. Some people on this forum if you can call them that, have been rude because I don't agree with them. I consider what I wrote back to them as been polite compared to what I should have written back.

I also agree that most our senior players have been crap. It does not excuse Carrusca though. As marque his role is to lift the team. Be a leader. I say Kim who as played only a handful of games with almost no English has done a better job.
Yeah I agree.
Now if it's not too much trouble would you mind changing your favourite player to Isaias? :)
Time to Djbate!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:54 pm

Personally i love 'pin the tail on the scapegoat' threads where we ignore obvious issues over others to fuel our own narratives.

Also, all this talk over there being bad blood between chelo and Amor given his interview with val midweek mostly lead by Rudan is tripe. Chelo says he was dissapointed and then goes on to say he wants to stay at adelaide assuming the clubs ambitions match his own. which has been totally glazed over by drama loving media including ex players at foxsports.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
tinby
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Toure

Postby tinby Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:20 pm

Personally i love 'pin the tail on the scapegoat' threads where we ignore obvious issues over others to fuel our own narratives.

Also, all this talk over there being bad blood between chelo and Amor given his interview with val midweek mostly lead by Rudan is tripe. Chelo says he was dissapointed and then goes on to say he wants to stay at adelaide assuming the clubs ambitions match his own. which has been totally glazed over by drama loving media including ex players at foxsports.
That's the main reason people inhabit these forums. The truth rarely is given up by the player, agents or clubs.
So we all speculate, add our opinions, unfortunately some are so narcissistic that they see an adverse opinion as reason to abuse or belittle the writer.

For mine, I've always viewed Carrusca as Riquelmesque in his demeanor. So as Riquelme seemed, to me, to play with a constant scowl, Carrusca always seems to as well, leading us to form the opinion that there are off-field problems. However, that penalty that Chelo scored v Newcastle where he ran at the camera with what seemed to look like a Rebel yell gave me the indication that he really wanted it and he may be his own biggest task master.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”