Who "will" replace Amor?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

milan_7
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Re: Who "will" replace Amor?

Postby milan_7 Fri May 12, 2017 4:30 pm

Ch 10 posted a live video of Griff's announcement of Amor leaving.

So according to Griff the club has waited for Amor to make the decision and only yesterday did they learn if he was staying or not.
IMO this is shocking from both parties. For Amor to lead the club along and hold so many players careers in limbo while he finds time to ponder life beyond this season is nothing short of selfish.
For the club to place almost everything on hold while they wait for him is so soft from the board. I appreciate what Amor has done for the club and the reputation the man has. But we're talking about the future of the club, given the season the club has had and the free-fall of crowd numbers and result. I can't see other clubs sitting on their hands waiting for the coach to make their mind up. I just wish the club showed some of the long serving players half the amount of respect they've afforded Amor.

This IMO is the final nail in the coffin of my respect for Amor I called for his resignation after the disgraceful 0-5 lose to Perth. It's sad to see the club is willing not only allow those sort of results to slide, but seasons with results like that are clearly rewarded. He achieved wonderful things last season (which I still feel he only played a part in, as the framework was laid down in the previous season) but the way this season has unfolded and the role he played in that leave a bad taste in my mouth. Last season's success has been soured for me by him out-staying his welcome as far as I'm concerned, and the board highlighting their naivety to the game and shown that an impressive CV means more to them than results and system.
Surely you don't actually believe what Griffin says...

The club has done it so many times, give a shit offer that the player/coach can't accept then blame THEM when they leave. Leaving Griffin to look like the good guy, luckily more people are starting to see through this.
Philbyramone
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Iaiais

Postby Philbyramone Fri May 12, 2017 5:19 pm

I feel sorry for the blokes left here on contract like isa and Tarek. They must be wondering what is going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rojos
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isais

Postby Rojos Tue May 16, 2017 7:46 am

Christian Ziege the latest one linked.

Probably better than Batistuta as he has some experience, though his win / loss seems to be about 23%, so he hasn't been hugely successful.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: RE: Re: Who "will" replace Amor?

Postby Stuckey Tue May 16, 2017 8:45 am

Probably better than Batistuta as he has some experience, though his win / loss seems to be about 23%, so he hasn't been hugely successful.
Win loss ratio clearly isn't something the club is worried about!
Time to Djbate!
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Tue May 16, 2017 9:09 am

He has a Spanish connection having coached Atletico Baleares in the third level in the last two seasons which is not mentioned on his wikipedia page. His overall win percentage is about 28%. He was sacked from Atletico Baleares towards the end of the season probably because he was not meeting expectations of getting the team into the promotion play-offs. They made the promotion play-offs with the new manager. He seems to like playing with three at the back, although he seems to have switched the formation around quite a bit playing 3-5-2, 5-3-2, 4-4-2, 4-3-3 and other formations.
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue May 16, 2017 11:08 am

Bring back vidmar from Thailand I say!

He was ahead of his time in the aleague and has been managing since his departure , if local coaches is what we want then why not get the best and most experienced
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue May 16, 2017 11:25 am

Bring back vidmar from Thailand I say!

He was ahead of his time in the aleague and has been managing since his departure , if local coaches is what we want then why not get the best and most experienced
I lost a lot of respect for him over his time with the Olyroos. Watching him stick with the same inept formation and system in the face of numerous poor performances in multiple tournaments.
I think I'd lose a great deal of interest watching AU maintain 60% possession while applying the creativity of an accountant in attack.

I'm sure there are loads of young coaches in the NPL coaching a similar style to Gombau. Arthur Papas at Green Gully is one of them. I'd love to see someone new and fresh like him offered an opportunity.
Time to Djbate!
Interloper

Re: RE: Re: Who

Postby Interloper Tue May 16, 2017 8:50 pm

I lost a lot of respect for him over his time with the Olyroos. Watching him stick with the same inept formation and system in the face of numerous poor performances in multiple tournaments.
Wasn't he operating under the FFA's mandatory 4-3-3 system for all junior representative teams (of which the Olympic team is one) for much of the time.

I don't think he would want to come back anyway. He seemed pretty burnt by the time he quit.
Stuckey

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Who

Postby Stuckey Tue May 16, 2017 9:24 pm

Wasn't he operating under the FFA's mandatory 4-3-3 system for all junior representative teams (of which the Olympic team is one) for much of the time.

I don't think he would want to come back anyway. He seemed pretty burnt by the time he quit.
Coaches are forced to follow strict systems all the time. Good ones get results using them.
Time to Djbate!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Wed May 17, 2017 5:47 am

I'm sure there are loads of young coaches in the NPL coaching a similar style to Gombau. Arthur Papas at Green Gully is one of them. I'd love to see someone new and fresh like him offered an opportunity.
Arthur Papas, the ex-Dempo coach? He was in India for a few years (Dempo & Pailan) however I read he is off to the Middle-East as an assistant.

He certainly is experienced for a young bloke.
Stuckey

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Who

Postby Stuckey Wed May 17, 2017 7:20 am

Arthur Papas, the ex-Dempo coach? He was in India for a few years (Dempo & Pailan) however I read he is off to the Middle-East as an assistant.

He certainly is experienced for a young bloke.
Ah yes he's an assistant in Saudi Arabia now. I was more using him as an example. But even so I think anyone would be interested in leaving an assistant role for the head role at a HAL club.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue May 23, 2017 10:55 am

The name Arthur Papas would be familiar to Hyundai A-League and FFA Cup fans. Now the young coach has added Saudi Arabia to his coaching horizons after a recent successful stint in the Saudi Pro League.
- See more at: http://www.a-league.com.au/article/auss ... eJqpK.dpuf

The more I hear about this guy the more I think he'd be great for the AU.
He speaks of his time their in past tense so I think he's left, but I'm not sure. Although as I mentioned I think it would be likely someone like him would leave an assistant role to take a head coach role in the HAL.
Time to Djbate!
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Thu May 25, 2017 1:39 pm

Are the club intent on making a coaching announcement before the end of the month? Time is tickin'
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Thu May 25, 2017 3:14 pm

Are the club intent on making a coaching announcement before the end of the month? Time is tickin'
I thought they said mid-june?
Futbol_Crazy21
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: all of them

Postby Futbol_Crazy21 Thu May 25, 2017 3:27 pm

I thought they said mid-june?
I think when they said mid-june they were referring to when the players come back for the first training session and they want to get a coach before then to take that first training session.

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”