Who "will" replace Amor?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Reds4Life
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Re: Who "will" replace Amor?

Postby Reds4Life Thu May 11, 2017 3:02 pm

Experienced coach hey ?? Batistuta is definetly not that. Unless he brings some experienced assistants.

Molina does fit the bill
EdDog

Postby EdDog Thu May 11, 2017 4:33 pm

Batistuta doesn't fill me with any confidence with next season.

Molina on the other hand does. Probably because he has coached before. At Kitchee and also in India.

He is also Spanish which suits our style and culture.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Thu May 11, 2017 5:56 pm

If Batistuta bring two experiences assistants with him and is prepared to listen to their experience and learn from them then perhaps it will not be too bad. Val was saying on the ABC this week that he wanted to bring players with him as well, that could be exciting.
I am Scott
Reds4Life
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Reds4Life Thu May 11, 2017 6:08 pm

Griffin doesn't think he will come to Adelaide.

Such a great salesman isn't he ?? Finding new and inventive ways to ****players off
sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Thu May 11, 2017 6:17 pm

I wonder if Ernie Merrick was approached...

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Capac

Postby Capac Thu May 11, 2017 6:49 pm

I don't want it too sound like I'm having a go but I'm surprised at some people's reactions on here. There is a strong strain of melodrama going through the comments on here. Yes we had a shit season but it's only a year on from us winning the double. People need to relax. It's a long offseason.

Anyway, as for Amor it's disappointing he is gone but at the same time I think a bit of a fresh start is needed. I don't think Amor's heart was in it this year.

I'm a bit more confident that whoever comes in will have a good list to work with. Not that Amor is solely to blame but I think his biggest fault was the speed at which he made decisions. At the beginning of the season and the start of January we were told that a list of names had been given to Amor to choose from yet it was ages before we heard anything. I think his delaying was probably the main reason behind our late signing of players.

As for Batistuta im not a fan. Id much prefer the Spanish connection that has brought us success. Plus I'd prefer not to take a shot at someone completely untested.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Thu May 11, 2017 7:04 pm

I don't want it too sound like I'm having a go but I'm surprised at some people's reactions on here. There is a strong strain of melodrama going through the comments on here. Yes we had a shit season but it's only a year on from us winning the double. People need to relax. It's a long offseason.

Anyway, as for Amor it's disappointing he is gone but at the same time I think a bit of a fresh start is needed. I don't think Amor's heart was in it this year.

I'm a bit more confident that whoever comes in will have a good list to work with. Not that Amor is solely to blame but I think his biggest fault was the speed at which he made decisions. At the beginning of the season and the start of January we were told that a list of names had been given to Amor to choose from yet it was ages before we heard anything. I think his delaying was probably the main reason behind our late signing of players.

As for Batistuta im not a fan. Id much prefer the Spanish connection that has brought us success. Plus I'd prefer not to take a shot at someone completely untested.
I don't think it's that we have had a poor season that is leaving a sour taste, more it's just a case of the endless merry go round that is aufc , constant implosions and back handed comments from staff to fans
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: RE: Re: Who "will" replace Amor?

Postby Stuckey Thu May 11, 2017 8:18 pm

I don't think it's that we have had a poor season that is leaving a sour taste, more it's just a case of the endless merry go round that is aufc , constant implosions and back handed comments from staff to fans
Exactly no one is happy with the results. But no one is complaining about results alone.
Time to Djbate!
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Fri May 12, 2017 10:25 am

Griffin doesn't think he will come to Adelaide.

Such a great salesman isn't he ?? Finding new and inventive ways to ****players off
A bit unfair. Personally I am relieved to hear that we are after an experienced coach.
Baresi79
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isias

Postby Baresi79 Fri May 12, 2017 10:43 am

Does anyone know if the assistance are in the running? For me they should get this sorted ASAP and that would mean that assistants are good candidates or Mori. Nothing more is needed,
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Fri May 12, 2017 10:51 am

Heard from someone who heard from someone (lol) they heard on Argentine radio that Batistuta had signed with us.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Fri May 12, 2017 11:03 am

Heard from someone who heard from someone (lol) they heard on Argentine radio that Batistuta had signed with us.
....and the Argentine radio station had read an article, that was copied from an article, that used the Advertiser as its source.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Fri May 12, 2017 11:06 am

....and the Argentine radio station had read an article, that was copied from an article, that used the Advertiser as its source.
It's Val's world, we're just living in it
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Fri May 12, 2017 11:17 am

that, in turn, had mined the fevered dreams of WATR forumites for information :mrgreen:

I would be a bit wary of Batistuta's credentials, but if it's him, I will back him & give him time.
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: RE: Re: Who "will" replace Amor?

Postby Stuckey Fri May 12, 2017 3:38 pm

that, in turn, had mined the fevered dreams of WATR forumites for information :mrgreen:

I would be a bit wary of Batistuta's credentials, but if it's him, I will back him & give him time.
Yeah that's my thoughts too.
I have no doubt that if he does join the club it will be an interesting ride if nothing else!
I've always said that I'd rather see marquee coaches in the HAL than marquee players. This wasn't exactly what I was talking about but its nice to see the club listen. :D
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”