Who "will" replace Amor?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Re: Who "will" replace Amor?

Postby blahblah Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:33 am

I would be extremely happy with Colonel Kurz. On paper he looks like a good fit.
Indeed, and when he faces Muscat he can say "You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill."

The quotes alone are going to be worth the appointment.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:46 pm

I would be extremely happy with Colonel Kurz. On paper he looks like a good fit.
Indeed, and when he faces Muscat he can say "You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill."

The quotes alone are going to be worth the appointment.
:lol:
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
RedRebel
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby RedRebel Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:31 pm

So I hear this Kurz fella was getting back to the club by Friday with the yay or the nae...
It's either on or it's not or we're on German time and he's still back at home tossing coins.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:28 pm

So I hear this Kurz fella was getting back to the club by Friday with the yay or the nae...
It's either on or it's not or we're on German time and he's still back at home tossing coins.
Val's latest article indicates Kurz is probably not going to sign although the club have given him a bit longer to finally decide as he has decided to have a short holiday on a Greek Island.

Apparently Kovacevic is heading back to Germany and will not come back without signing Kurz or one of the other two German coaches the club is looking at.
I am Scott
RedRebel

Postby RedRebel Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:17 am

...although the club have given him a bit longer to finally decide as he has decided to have a short holiday on a Greek island.
Yeah why not eh?

I am very surprised that the club did not have someone lined up to replace Amor. Then we wouldn't have to hear all this stuff about flights and holidays and deadlines and extentions and greek islands etc..
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Who "will" replace Amor?

Postby bpowell454 Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:47 am

...although the club have given him a bit longer to finally decide as he has decided to have a short holiday on a Greek island.
Yeah why not eh?

I am very surprised that the club did not have someone lined up to replace Amor. Then we wouldn't have to hear all this stuff about flights and holidays and deadlines and extentions and greek islands etc..
Take as much time as you like Marco. We have months before we NEED to sign players.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:10 pm

Has the club ever made a coach stick to a deadline? Another day, another fact emerges making the club look even more stupid.
Time to Djbate!
Ghost

Postby Ghost Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:55 pm

Has the club ever made a coach stick to a deadline? Another day, another fact emerges making the club look even more stupid.
I think in both Amor's case and Kurz's case they have probably given the coach extra time so that they can change their mind. Sometimes people are going to say NO and the club hierarchy struggles to take NO for an answer.
I am Scott
The Claw
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Postby The Claw Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:51 am

Club never meets any timeframes that they set themselves, it does nothing to demonstrate professionalism and reassure their fans that they have things under control. Since Mayer has been CEO, this has definitely gotten worse.
He was and is a terrible appointment as CEO.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:20 pm

I think in both Amor's case and Kurz's case they have probably given the coach extra time so that they can change their mind. Sometimes people are going to say NO and the club hierarchy struggles to take NO for an answer.
Haha true, they can't take NO, but are willing to take 6 months of MAYBE...
Time to Djbate!
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:45 pm

So we don't have a coach nor as far as I know assistants. If we don't sign someone soon who's going to take training when the players come back from holidays?
Stuckey

Re: RE: Re: Who "will" replace Amor?

Postby Stuckey Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:06 pm

So we don't have a coach nor as far as I know assistants. If we don't sign someone soon who's going to take training when the players come back from holidays?
Griff coaches White City juniors. He's got it covered.

But seriously it appears Greg King is still with the club. Pre-season is his domain generally anyway.
Time to Djbate!
Ghost

Postby Ghost Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:26 pm

I think the club is TRYING to do the right thing, but they don't know how to do the right thing. It seems we brought Kurz over here and convinced him not to join the club. Perhaps he talked to Griffen like when Troisi talked to Griffin and ran the other way.

As long as we get a coach by the end of the month, sign most players by the end of July, a few non key players could be signed in August, then we will be okay. It will not be ideal but should not cause too many problems. Anything later than that and it will become problematic.
I am Scott
tinby
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Toure

Postby tinby Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:28 pm

I think the club is TRYING to do the right thing, but they don't know how to do the right thing. It seems we brought Kurz over here and convinced him not to join the club. Perhaps he talked to Griffen like when Troisi talked to Griffin and ran the other way.

As long as we get a coach by the end of the month, sign most players by the end of July, a few non key players could be signed in August, then we will be okay. It will not be ideal but should not cause too many problems. Anything later than that and it will become problematic.
I like your optimism.
If it was me calling the shots I'd pursue Mori, after all he's local and much more chance of him selecting good youngsters and building a team. He knows SA football and is a successful coach.
I'd also get rid of Meyer, just because he looks shifty.
Oh well dreamtime is over it's back to no coach and offering guys like Oxbrough a gig.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:53 pm

I would also be happy with Mori but i wonder if he would command the respect of the imports.

I really dont know much about morri as a manager but if he has a progressive style and is willing to work with young players then he is a fit for us.

There is always that extra element of pride and parochial south aussie feel when we has a local calling the shots. Warm fuzzies and all.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”