Who "will" replace Amor?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Re: RE: Re: Who

Postby mcjules Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:19 pm

So we don't have a coach nor as far as I know assistants. If we don't sign someone soon who's going to take training when the players come back from holidays?
Griff coaches White City juniors. He's got it covered.
That's exactly the reply I wanted to get :lol:
salmonfc
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Re: Who "will" replace Amor?

Postby salmonfc Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:58 am

We all know that this saga will end with Mark Jones being hired as our next coach.
we da best
Capac

Postby Capac Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:36 pm

I actually think mark Jones and other Australian coaches who have stepped up and failed are probably the main reason the club is looking for an overseas coach.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:49 pm

I actually think mark Jones and other Australian coaches who have stepped up and failed are probably the main reason the club is looking for an overseas coach.
Agreed.

Although I wouldn't mind Mori as he has certainly had a decent apprenticeship with City.

I would prefer we secure one of these overseas coaches, however he would probably be my first choice local.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:10 pm

The trouble with those Aussie coaches is they were expected to compete with the cheapest squads in the league where the talent just was not there.

Take a look at the difference it bit of cash has done for aloisi.

We talk about lack of opportunity for youth but it's worse for managers.

I have no doubt jones, Mori, Okon , Rudan even durakovic would be great managers in this league assuming they had the financial backing of their club .

I'm sure we all remembered the sneers when Brisbane signed Ange and ccm signed Arnold
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:44 pm

The trouble with those Aussie coaches is they were expected to compete with the cheapest squads in the league where the talent just was not there.

I have no doubt jones, Mori, Okon , Rudan even durakovic would be great managers in this league assuming they had the financial backing of their club .

I'm sure we all remembered the sneers when Brisbane signed Ange and ccm signed Arnold
That's a good point. I find so many people are so willing to right Australian's in the game off very quickly.
Its funny how Australia is such a proud, nationalistic nation yet when it comes to football we can't bag ourselves out quick enough. Seeing how well EPL clubs and the Brazil v Argentina game attracts fans it's clear we love the game. But it seems that the majority of Australian's aren't willing to place any effort in making our clubs and NT better. We're just happy to watch ourselves be the best AFL nation in the world.
I hear people all the time saying "Oh I'd watch the HAL if it wasn't so crap". I'm not sure what these people are expecting. Suddenly with no outside help its going to be a world class league?
IMO if people call themselves football fans, yet have no interest in Football played by Australians then they are acting un-Australian.
Time to Djbate!
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:53 pm

I agree.
You need good material to work with.
Tactics and team spirit can only go so far.
That's why I believe a strong youth system is very important.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:36 pm

I agree.

B)
The trouble with a strong youth system is that the restrictions of the aleague does not allow for clubs to take advantage of their products.

Look how many talented players we have lost to other clubs because we could not fit them into our senior squad and they walk from the club for free.

I think aufc and ccm have the best record for producing talent but there is very little return on that investment.

I honestly believe clubs are better off unearthing a 25 year old brick layer than heavily investing in youth because they will either be poached by another club while in the youth team or Europe will come knocking the moment they learn to tie their shoe laces together for 3 straight games.

I think bottom line is the pathways are broken for clubs and youth, this was something the NSL got right that Ffa cannot
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:31 pm

Please, all I want from this thread now is the name of who will replace Amor.
I am Scott
RedsUnited
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: They all leave

Postby RedsUnited Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:47 pm

Guess no one will replace Amor...
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:10 pm

I agree.

B)
The trouble with a strong youth system is that the restrictions of the aleague does not allow for clubs to take advantage of their products.

Look how many talented players we have lost to other clubs because we could not fit them into our senior squad and they walk from the club for free.

I think aufc and ccm have the best record for producing talent but there is very little return on that investment.

I honestly believe clubs are better off unearthing a 25 year old brick layer than heavily investing in youth because they will either be poached by another club while in the youth team or Europe will come knocking the moment they learn to tie their shoe laces together for 3 straight games.

I think bottom line is the pathways are broken for clubs and youth, this was something the NSL got right that Ffa cannot
But as AU showed with the Mabil transfer. They can sign up promising players and get a great fee for them. Same with CCM who got well over $1m for Rostyn Griffiths.
I understand it's not as simple as handing a kid a contract and waiting till their a Socceroo to sell them on.
But as we've seen with McGree the club has let him develop beyond the point where offering him a relatively cheap 3 year deal is unlikely to be accepted by him.
Clubs are the ones in the best position to see if a player is worth signing long term. They watch these kids train day in day out. If they are slipping through their fingers like Kamau did and like McGree looks to be doing. That's not the FFA's fault. Clubs has to take a punt on these promising players who in Kamau and McGree's situation were already doing well at HAL level.
Is it really that much of a gamble to offer a kid who has begun to show themselves to be capable at HAL level a 2-3 year deal with a wage just above base rate? I understand clubs need to be smart with where their cap funds go. But this inaction can end up doing the club out of a healthy fee which may go towards development sides which can increase the likelihood of the next Kamau or McGree coming along sooner.
Time to Djbate!
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:01 pm

Which other clubs are currently wothout a coach?
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:29 pm

Which other clubs are currently wothout a coach?
Melbourne City.
Wellington and Newcastle have appointed their new coaches.
I am Scott
EdDog

Postby EdDog Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:36 am

Another day.

Another coachless Adelaide United.

Sigh.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:23 pm

Personally on the coaching front I'm not too concerned right now. As long as the club appoints someone in time for the start of pre-season I don't think there is a massive issue. Obviously anyone applying would have a plan for their assistants in mind so implementation shouldn't be too long a process. I heard mid-June discussed has anyone heard an exact date?
Even if the club delays the start of pre-season slightly I'm not hugely concerned with that either. The club's first competitive game will be July 25th at the earliest so shortening what is otherwise a very long pre-season isn't a massive issue IMO.

The only issue with delaying it is that someone like Carrusca may grow tired of waiting and join someone else.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”