Who "will" replace Amor?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Re: Who "will" replace Amor?

Postby Stuckey Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:25 pm

Am I the only one a little flat at the moment? The club signs a coach with Bundesliga experience and I'm left feeling a little meh at the moment.
Time to Djbate!
Ghost
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:31 pm

It has been a draining disheartening season so it is hard to get excited, and in my case it doesn't help that I appear to have the flu. However we have an experienced coach and we can only trust him to get the job done.
I am Scott
Stuckey

Re: RE: Re: Who "will" replace Amor?

Postby Stuckey Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:42 pm

It has been a draining disheartening season so it is hard to get excited, and in my case it doesn't help that I appear to have the flu. However we have an experienced coach and we can only trust him to get the job done.
The worrying thing is the club has had disappointing seasons on the pitch before. Yet I've always looked forward to the new season.
It's similar to when Viddie left the club and they were in a pretty poor position results-wise but the appointment of Coolen at the time was extremely exciting for me.
For me the results aren't why I'm so 'meh' at the moment. It's the general operation of the club that's making me lose a great deal of interest.
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Who "will" replace Amor?

Postby bpowell454 Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:42 pm

Am I the only one a little flat at the moment? The club signs a coach with Bundesliga experience and I'm left feeling a little meh at the moment.
It's hard not to be pissantimistic. The only good news in the last 2 months or so is struggling to outweigh the bad.
terry tibbs

Postby terry tibbs Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:44 pm

pissantimistic
I like that, nice one!

No idea what to make of the new guy so I'll sit back and shut up, apart from wishing him well.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Re: RE: Re: Who

Postby Ghost Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:47 pm

The worrying thing is the club has had disappointing seasons on the pitch before. Yet I've always looked forward to the new season.
It's similar to when Viddie left the club and they were in a pretty poor position results-wise but the appointment of Coolen at the time was extremely exciting for me.
For me the results aren't why I'm so 'meh' at the moment. It's the general operation of the club that's making me lose a great deal of interest.
It certainly is a lot more than the results, it is just hard to trust the club knows what it is doing and there is an underlying feeling things are about to go bad again.
Last edited by Ghost on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am Scott
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:52 pm

It's a case of once bitten twice shy (or in our case 8 or 9 times shy)!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:50 pm

So Barcelona take amor back with open arms putting him in charge of Barca u19a/b Youth teams and a role with Barca B.

While 3 trophies in 4 years is certainly a success in regard to our so called Spanish revolution, I can't help but wonder hiw great their legacy would have been if they were at a club like MV where the football department is not at odds with management.

The plan sold to fans was this is and will always be the club philosophy to youth and football and amor / gombau are setting the foundations for the long term.

Next minute we seem seem to have a manager who values a whole completely different set of ideals .

If your are trying to promote a long term club philosophy from youth up and you want fans to buy into this and be proud of it trying actually sticking to the ideals! The supposed club philosophy or identity should be bigger than any player , manager or board.

This isn't a shot at kurz, he has done nothing wrong and deserves a fair go but the club acts like it has a long term plan when it's clear they make it up on the fly .
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:29 pm

So Barcelona take amor back with open arms putting him in charge of Barca u19a/b Youth teams and a role with Barca B.

While 3 trophies in 4 years is certainly a success in regard to our so called Spanish revolution, I can't help but wonder hiw great their legacy would have been if they were at a club like MV where the football department is not at odds with management.

The plan sold to fans was this is and will always be the club philosophy to youth and football and amor / gombau are setting the foundations for the long term.

Next minute we seem seem to have a manager who values a whole completely different set of ideals .

If your are trying to promote a long term club philosophy from youth up and you want fans to buy into this and be proud of it trying actually sticking to the ideals! The supposed club philosophy or identity should be bigger than any player , manager or board.

This isn't a shot at kurz, he has done nothing wrong and deserves a fair go but the club acts like it has a long term plan when it's clear they make it up on the fly .
I dont think the philosophy has change purely because we have a coach who is not Spanish.

Kurz will bring with him different ideas, experiences. But i expect it to still be an attractive, attacking and possession based system.

I don't expect any high profile signings, but i expect a mix of youthful players and mainly SA based players to be the bulk of the squad. With some experience thrown in (This is where Kurz will make or break IMO)
We are UNITED, after all....
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:04 pm

I haven't taken anyone's nationality into account.

From what I understand kurz has very different ideas about how to play which is fine, but goes against the clubs self proclaimed identity
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:57 pm

From what I understand kurz has very different ideas about how to play which is fine, but goes against the clubs self proclaimed identity

Adiós! Tapas and Sangria.
Servus! Bratwurst and Beer.

It will be an interesting season to say the least.

:D
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:01 pm

Let's hope it's not the wurst 7g.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:21 pm

Let's hope it's not the wurst 7g.

Good one!

" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
spaceCowboy

Postby spaceCowboy Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:21 am

The clubs identity or philosophy goes beyond the style of play.
I feel the clubs identity is still forming as each season goes by. Gombau had a massive part to play and I'm sure Kurz will do the same.
We are UNITED, after all....
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:44 am

I think that philosophy was almost entirely Petrillo's. Which is why he signed Gombau. When Josep and Michael left the club that philosophy started to slowly die, but obviously had enough life in it to win a title! Now the Spanish revolution is over I'd say the philosophy is dead. What has replaced it? Well like everything else at the club fan's aren't being informed on.
Presumably like everything else we'll just have to wait till we see them line up and work it all out for ourselves.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”