Adelaide United v Perth Glory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Jumbinho
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Hugene

Re: Adelaide United v Perth Glory Match Day Jamboree!!!©

Postby Jumbinho Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:05 pm

Agree sticker, Amor looks done and really devoid of any ideas to change anything. He has one system and is too rigid, his interview after the game was terrible, mumbling and incoherent and saying the same crap after yet another insipid loss. Even die hards left early last night, that was shocking.

a new football director should also be high on the list of changes.

Ross aloisi would be good, he will at least get some passion in the players once again.

Not awful red rebel, other than a poster, no goal threat and Perth should have scored 8-9, I'd hate to see awful by your estimation.....
While there is no point sacking the coach now, he certainly should not be here next year. He clearly has no idea what to do, or has completely lost interest. It is now obvious that last years double was really Joseps achievement -it was his team and "style" that won it for us. After losing half that team and replacing them with cheap journeymen and inexperienced young players all Amor can do is sit and watch. He clearly can't coach the young players the way Josep could, and seems to have lost the older players.
Along those lines, I have long thought that the culture and team spirit that we had built over the last few years was entirely created through the work of Gombau, and existed almost in spite of the Ownership/Admin group. Even at the lowest points of those years you could always see that the playing group was together and behind the coach. It's sad, and kind of breathtaking, to see how quickly that has been torn to shreds.
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby shinAUFC Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:09 pm

Heart breaking watching the club defend a prem like this.

With that said with such a young midfield and front makeshift third i think any club in the alesgue would struggle.

I hear baba isnt even in the country yet due to visa issues...

All us long time aufc fans know that behind every crisis is a fantastic follow up season where everything clicks and we manage to finish runner up to almost everything so i look for to next season more positive heart breaks.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
RC1913
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: -

Postby RC1913 Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:20 pm

Disappointed more in the fans than the club at this point. The squad is ravaged by player departures and injuries, the team last night was very young and inexperienced. We need these new signings to be smarter and more damaging in the attacking third, as exciting the youngsters are look at the difference of someone with the experience of Castro.
Sack Amor you gain nothing, the thing is Amor is too much of a gentleman to say my team is not good enough, you think Aloisi who would likely replace himwould cop blame like he did last night. Time the football department rewarded Amor for what he did with an average team last year and take some heat for results
Jumbinho

Postby Jumbinho Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:59 pm

Disappointed more in the fans than the club at this point. The squad is ravaged by player departures and injuries, the team last night was very young and inexperienced. We need these new signings to be smarter and more damaging in the attacking third, as exciting the youngsters are look at the difference of someone with the experience of Castro.
Sack Amor you gain nothing, the thing is Amor is too much of a gentleman to say my team is not good enough, you think Aloisi who would likely replace himwould cop blame like he did last night. Time the football department rewarded Amor for what he did with an average team last year and take some heat for results
I don't think there is a single person anywhere who is defending the recruitment and those behind it.

That said, irrespective of the talent is at his disposal, surely the coach has to bear some responsibility for the complete lack of any kind of organisation and structure on the pitch.
robshan

Postby robshan Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:36 pm

It is well known that Amor, last season, after two months of the season when it was going badly met with the board and was told there was money for extra recruitment for player. Amor said no, he believed the squad he had would do the job; and he was right.

I recently heard from a source I trust associated with the club that Amor only saw recruitment as means for secondary or backup players. Similar mentality as last season but with disastrous results this time round.

I think Amor and Kovacevic have a lot to answer for.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:36 pm

It is well known that Amor, last season, after two months of the season when it was going badly met with the board and was told there was money for extra recruitment for player. Amor said no, he believed the squad he had would do the job; and he was right.

I recently heard from a source I trust associated with the club that Amor only saw recruitment as means for secondary or backup players. Similar mentality as last season but with disastrous results this time round.

I think Amor and Kovacevic have a lot to answer for.
Sounds plausible. Don't think nows the time but it'd be great to get some transparency about what happened.
robshan

Postby robshan Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:01 pm

What's happened is easy (see video below), why, not so easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lioRCye2Dug&t=52s
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:16 pm

Has there been any "official" message from the club since yesterday's home debacle?

Any " we fully support the manager" type messages?
A word of consolation to the supporters perhaps?
A tweet or an email?

Anything apart from the apology from Elrich?

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Jumbinho

Postby Jumbinho Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:55 pm

Has there been any "official" message from the club since yesterday's home debacle?

Any " we fully support the manager" type messages?
A word of consolation to the supporters perhaps?
A tweet or an email?

Anything apart from the apology from Elrich?

B)
Given the usual standard of "official" statements from the club, probably best to stay quiet :lol:
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:55 pm

Carrusca is not the cause of our problems, Ghost. He has actually had a good game. He is our #10. He is not there to stop us conceding 4 and has been a part of nearly all our shots on goal. Get a grip, Scott
No, he is not the cause of our problems, I never suggested he was, but he had a bad game tonight, was not there when it mattered. He should not have been selected to start.
I have been bagging Carrusca for a while now. I actually thought he had a good game. His best game this season.
What did he do that impressed you? He hit the post with a nice shot, otherwise he did nothing to impress me. I'm very interested to know why some users were impressed with his performance?
Time to Djbate!
Totally_Red
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Isaias

Postby Totally_Red Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:38 am

Don't get me wrong. Not saying his performance was great but he did play well. Played his position and this time was making position to be involved. Stuckey t just goes to show how desperate I have become to see anything good from our team. If the rumors of Amor leaving are true next year will be similar. The team will get better under Amor. I see it as the development stage. Only problem is this should be happening in our youth team not our first team.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:22 am

Don't get me wrong. Not saying his performance was great but he did play well. Played his position and this time was making position to be involved. Stuckey t just goes to show how desperate I have become to see anything good from our team. If the rumors of Amor leaving are true next year will be similar. The team will get better under Amor. I see it as the development stage. Only problem is this should be happening in our youth team not our first team.
Ok yeah I've seen the same thing with Carrusca which leads me to the point that as long as someone is fit they would be able to fulfil the job Carrusca does relatively easily. If his ball into the area is lacking (which is seriously is) why not allow someone else to undertake that role?

I agree these sort of experiments should by undertaken by the youth side. But since the club is anchored to the bottom of the table what do we have to lose?
Personally I'd rather see a coach come in ASAP so they have more time to prepare for next season. That way hopefully the same mistakes aren't made again where all the significant recruiting is done on the final days of pre-season.
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:27 pm

I'm still stumped that Marrone didn't play this game. He has more experience at DM than anyone else available and is in decent form. Could of been our best option in that position?
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:00 pm

I'm still stumped that Marrone didn't play this game. He has more experience at DM than anyone else available and is in decent form. Could of been our best option in that position?
It was really a stunning decision and I agree Marrone would have been a better choice than Mells at DM.
I am Scott
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:41 am

Have we heard why he was out? Surely he just have been unable to play for some reason.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”