Preview: Adelaide United v Melbourne City 12.01.17

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

sevengoals
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Preview: Adelaide United v Melbourne City 12.01.17

Postby sevengoals Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:07 am

Thursday Night Football!?!

One win and things look different, maybe, but I doubt it...

COME ON UNITED!!!

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
The Claw
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Spenda Penny
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: down down prices are down

Re: Preview: Adelaide United v Melbourne City 12.01.17

Postby The Claw Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:13 am

Yeah mate, I dont see it either. I mean the aim of the game is to put the ball in the net, City have quality to do so and we have Guardiola... that says it all.
Only hope is City go to sleep, but doubt that will happen with Valkanis in charge and coming to Adelaide.
Hopefully Griffin and Co can wear some ear plugs, I don't want their feelings hurt....
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:25 am

Lucky this went up as I probably would have missed that it was a Thursday game.

My hope is the same as most on here, that we try someone other than Guardiola......anyone. Hopefully Marrone has enough in the legs to start so we can push Garuccio up the park.
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:59 am

I still think in part the club is playing OK. But obviously some things need to change and the club needs to find more ways to effectively enter the penalty area and players need to take the chances they are offered. I think it would be a massive boost to the side if they could actually take an early chance and spend a decent portion of the game in the lead. Who knows what could happen as a result! If it's the same old story and the same players are creating bugger all then I (as most of us) would love to see some dice thrown and some bench players offered a decent amount of time on field.

If Timmy is playing it'll be interesting to see if there is an upswing in numbers Thursday. Hopefully Coopers Stadium doesn't bag us all out of social media again if a lower crowd shows up!
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:42 am

If Holland to china is pretty much a done deal I'd like to see him dropped to at least the bench. If Carrusca is fit, I'd be happy to have him and cirio play the midfield at least for 60 mins.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:57 am

If Holland to china is pretty much a done deal I'd like to see him dropped to at least the bench. If Carrusca is fit, I'd be happy to have him and cirio play the midfield at least for 60 mins.
I agree. No point starting players that aren't going to be here at the end of the month. I wonder if the fact Holland was subbed off last week in an indication this is likely.

I would be keen to see Holland and Carrusca switch. Play Isaias in DM and Carrusca in the number 8 role if he is up to it. Then look to someone else in the number 10 role. I truly believe Kitto would be excellent in that role.
Time to Djbate!
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Re: RE: Re: Preview: Adelaide United v Melbourne City 12.01.17

Postby bpowell454 Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:51 am

I agree. No point starting players that aren't going to be here at the end of the month. I wonder if the fact Holland was subbed off last week in an indication this is likely.

I would be keen to see Holland and Carrusca switch. Play Isaias in DM and Carrusca in the number 8 role if he is up to it. Then look to someone else in the number 10 role. I truly believe Kitto would be excellent in that role.
I'm all for giving it a go but I personally don't think kitto has the passing skills or attack positioning to play the number 10 role. I'd love to be proven wrong though.
supsup

Postby supsup Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:57 am

Kitto has basically zero awareness when he has the ball at his feet.

He is absolutely not a #10, as a stop gap or otherwise.

Even as a winger he really only has to play with awarness on one side and he doesnt manage that.

His athleticism makes him an impact sub prospect, abd that is it.
Stuckey

Re: RE: Re: Preview: Adelaide United v Melbourne City 12.01.17

Postby Stuckey Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:00 pm

I'm all for giving it a go but I personally don't think kitto has the passing skills or attack positioning to play the number 10 role. I'd love to be proven wrong though.
He played that role with Birkalla and won player of the year in the NPL. That got him a move to Newcastle where he played that role quite often as well and he was providing a decent amount of assists and balls into the area. So he has experience in that role I feel, since re-joining AU has been the most he's played of the wing for sometime.
He's incredibly strong on the ball but I feel he lacks that extra burst of pace to beat defenders. I think he'd be much more capable centrally directing play and using his strength on the ball to maintain possession.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:03 pm

Kitto has basically zero awareness when he has the ball at his feet.

He is absolutely not a #10, as a stop gap or otherwise.

Even as a winger he really only has to play with awarness on one side and he doesnt manage that.

His athleticism makes him an impact sub prospect, abd that is it.
I think the exact opposite is true. His athleticism is one of his main weaknesses. He doesn't have the pace to beat players one-on-one. As a result he is often quickly outnumbered on the wing and then isolated there which means best case scenario is he wins AU a corner.
Time to Djbate!
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:02 pm

Kitto needs something else in his arsenal because he is clearly not a winger. If that is playing as a 10 then so be it, because at the moment I am very unimpressed with him.

I just never want to be yelling in frustration: Get to the back post!
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:46 pm

Kitto has decent pace, makes decent runs, hustles well and gets the ball in some dangerous areas...

But he has absolutely no idea what to do with it. His decision making is non existent.

He gets the ball in on the wing and just hammers it into the box. Doesn't look up for anyone, doesn't try to get around his opponent like Cirio or Garuccio.

If he gets in a decent shooting spot (like he did once in recent MV game) he doesn't try to make space, he just hammers he ball at the goal with no regard to if there's a defender in the way or if there is a better option.

I think he is good but not in attack. Perhaps a midfield role might suit him or transition him to a wing-back role even? I don't know.

But Garuccio is much smarter and has shown a lot more than Kitto going forward from full back no less.
Interloper

Postby Interloper Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Mileusnic has 100% overtaken Kitto and should be thought of as 'possibly one for the future'. with Kitto as the experiment that was worth a try but doesn't look like it'll work out.
Valkanis
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Chelo

Postby Valkanis Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:26 pm

We should be focusing on our under performing experienced players who were suppose to turn the season around when they all got back playing on the pitch . The performances have gone from honourable losses when the young guys were filling holes to underwhelming performances and 2 heavy embarrassing defeats. Time for the senior players to perform .
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:33 pm

We should be focusing on our under performing experienced players who were suppose to turn the season around when they all got back playing on the pitch . The performances have gone from honourable losses when the young guys were filling holes to underwhelming performances and 2 heavy embarrassing defeats. Time for the senior players to perform .
Welcome!

Yes that is a fantastic point.
Time to Djbate!

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”