our team

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Ghost
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Re: our team

Postby Ghost Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:54 am

Basically since Petrillo left we have been a one way door in the transfer market. Michael was there for a long time, had the trust of the board and the nouse to get the signings across the line. It seems that his replacement hasn't had the same success and will now miss the boat on quality Australian signings.

I still think we will sign a quality foreigner who has to be a goal scoring striker. We then need to top up with a couple of solid Australian players to complement what remains of the squad and continue to develop the young SA boys who over the course of the season should grow and become a better team.

The likelyhood of us being at the top of the table again following the depletion of the squad is very low. What this should do is highlight how special last year was. What we achieved on the budget we work with is nothing short of incredible.

Now we start the journey again and look to build towards another unlikely shot at glory!
I actually think ante has done a very good job since arriving.

Its rather ironic that when petrillo was here there were always whispers that he was always amongst any drama at the club. When he leaves he is suddenly a saint.

Exactly the same with bruce, in 6 months he has gone from apparently being npl2 standard to suddenly a huge loss.

I wish people would make up their minds.

Everyone is looking for a scapegoat, someone to heap the blame on without actually having inside knowledge and facts to back things up. Its a natural reaction and i understand why people are angry but its also a sign of weakness.
Djite did something I did not expect, he proved me wrong, he showed he could be a better player than I thought he could be for the club. I was wrong.
So yes having proved me wrong it makes complete sense that I would change my view on him from being someone who should be replaced to being a big loss to the team. To do otherwise would be idiotic.
Still there are strikers out there, many of them, who can score lots of goals for us. The club needs to make sure we sign a Fornaroli rather than a Piovaccari. The trouble is Piovaccari's record was much better than Fornaroli's record so finding the right striker is not easy. The issue is not that Djite is irreplaceable, but that we might not find sign the right replacement
I don't think we can rule out Marino scoring quite a few goals for us this season, he has something about him that I like.
I am Scott
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:15 pm

Basically since Petrillo left we have been a one way door in the transfer market. Michael was there for a long time, had the trust of the board and the nouse to get the signings across the line. It seems that his replacement hasn't had the same success and will now miss the boat on quality Australian signings.

I still think we will sign a quality foreigner who has to be a goal scoring striker. We then need to top up with a couple of solid Australian players to complement what remains of the squad and continue to develop the young SA boys who over the course of the season should grow and become a better team.

The likelyhood of us being at the top of the table again following the depletion of the squad is very low. What this should do is highlight how special last year was. What we achieved on the budget we work with is nothing short of incredible.

Now we start the journey again and look to build towards another unlikely shot at glory!

Its rather ironic that when petrillo was here there were always whispers that he was always amongst any drama at the club. When he leaves he is suddenly a saint.

Exactly the same with bruce, in 6 months he has gone from apparently being npl2 standard to suddenly a huge loss.

Everyone is looking for a scapegoat, someone to heap the blame on without actually having inside knowledge and facts to back things up. Its a natural reaction and i understand why people are angry but its also a sign of weakness.
Its a classic example of people finding it easier to work out who's to blame instead of trying to work out how to fix the issue.
Finding a problem and fixing a problem are two completely separate skills.
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:18 pm

Djite did something I did not expect, he proved me wrong, he showed he could be a better player than I thought he could be for the club. I was wrong.
So yes having proved me wrong it makes complete sense that I would change my view on him from being someone who should be replaced to being a big loss to the team. To do otherwise would be idiotic.
Still there are strikers out there, many of them, who can score lots of goals for us. The club needs to make sure we sign a Fornaroli rather than a Piovaccari. The trouble is Piovaccari's record was much better than Fornaroli's record so finding the right striker is not easy. The issue is not that Djite is irreplaceable, but that we might not find sign the right replacement
I don't think we can rule out Marino scoring quite a few goals for us this season, he has something about him that I like.
To be honest Bruce is irreplaceable.
There is no Australian out there that can replicate what Bruce did for AU on the wage he was on.
The only options AU have is either find a visa player who can which will be an expensive option.
Or alter their game plan entirely.
I feel the second option is more likely.
Time to Djbate!
Ghost

Postby Ghost Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:40 pm

To be honest Bruce is irreplaceable.
There is no Australian out there that can replicate what Bruce did for AU on the wage he was on.
The only options AU have is either find a visa player who can which will be an expensive option.
Or alter their game plan entirely.
I feel the second option is more likely.
In the sense that he is an Australian, yes he is irreplaceable. On the wages side of things I am not going to disagree with you, I simply do not know how much Djite was on. I would guess our most expense Australian inside the cap and maybe even more than Isaias. I do not how that compares to what Fornaroli was on last year either.
I am Scott
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:49 pm

Yes that's what I was getting at.
Bruce was included in the cap. For that reason I would guess he would have been earning sub $250k.
No Australian could replicate Bruce and accept a wage that low IMO.
Replicate his holding play.
AU could sign a striker on Bruce's wage, (for example I think they could bring in someone like Maclaren for that.) but I imagine that would require altering their game plan significantly.
Time to Djbate!
rusty81

Postby rusty81 Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:19 pm

I've got enough inside knowledge to know that Petrillo did a good job and built most of the championship winning squad on and off the park and Bruce was a key cog in the team even when he wasn't banging the goals in!

I'm not looking for any scapegoats, hell we lost a game we dominated because of an all time howler in the last minute. We need to sign some players though and its going to be tough now given the nature of the league and salary cap as most quality Australian players have already been stitched up!
Ghost

Postby Ghost Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:11 pm

Bruce was included in the cap. For that reason I would guess he would have been earning sub $250k.
AU could sign a striker on Bruce's wage, (for example I think they could bring in someone like Maclaren for that.) but I imagine that would require altering their game plan significantly.
When I said he was replaceable, I meant we could sign a player who could score lots of goals for us. It probably would require some adjustments to the tactics but this is something Amor would know.
I am Scott
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:12 pm

When I said he was replaceable, I meant we could sign a player who could score lots of goals for us. It probably would require some adjustments to the tactics but this is something Amor would know.
I feel like we're on the same page.
Time to Djbate!
Ghost

Postby Ghost Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:32 pm

Yes we are, page 2 of the our team thread.
I am Scott
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:17 pm

Yes we are, page 2 of the our team thread.
I feel like adding you to the player voting. You're on fire this week! You'd definitely score a few votes! :D
Time to Djbate!
sudden reversal
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Michael Marrone

Postby sudden reversal Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:25 pm

As long as our signings fit the culture and have the right attitude, I'll be happy.

I wish Bulut could have a personality transplant.
Ghost

Postby Ghost Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:05 am

As long as our signings fit the culture and have the right attitude, I'll be happy.

If Bulut had a personality transplant he would be a much better player and we would not be able to sign him anyway.
I am Scott
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:38 am

If Bulut had a personality transplant he would be a much better player and we would not be able to sign him anyway.
I'd be willing to take a chance on Bulut, he's getting older and coming to a sleepier town like adelaide might be what he needs to calm him down and give him some focus.

What have we really got to lose by signing someone like him? Clubs don't usually seem to get tarnished by individual players personal live's issues in the HAL. When he threatened the mcdonalds manager in sydney it didnt reflect badly on WSW, just himself.
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:27 pm

He's under contract, but I would love AU to poach Diego Castro from Perth.
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
Ghost

Postby Ghost Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:09 pm

He's under contract, but I would love AU to poach Diego Castro from Perth.
Castro and Carrusca can not play in the same team.
I am Scott

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”