CHAMPIONS!!!!

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: CHAMPIONS!!!!

Postby shinAUFC Mon May 02, 2016 2:37 pm

I wonder if josep attempted a knee slide in his new york apartment waking his family up at 5am when pablo scored?
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
double07
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Mon May 02, 2016 3:40 pm

Desperately looking for a Full Replay to relive the glory!

If someone finds one, can they link please?
I'll have a copy available in a few hours.
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Mon May 02, 2016 3:46 pm

Desperately looking for a Full Replay to relive the glory!

If someone finds one, can they link please?
I'll have a copy available in a few hours.
Yep there may be a few around... Don't share any links on the forum please :)

If anyone has links to Fox and SBS pre and post match shows that'd be cool too :)
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Mon May 02, 2016 4:28 pm

Hopefully AU will put out a DVD like everyone else does.

This season has been like a movie script.
we da best
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon May 02, 2016 4:36 pm

This

Dvd 1 covering the season overall, dvd 2 full gf replay and fan reaction from coming days.

Will have to get permission from foxsports though
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon May 02, 2016 6:22 pm

This

Dvd 1 covering the season overall, dvd 2 full gf replay and fan reaction from coming days.

Will have to get permission from foxsports though
Where do I order?

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Mon May 02, 2016 6:56 pm

In the coming days, the Adelaide United squad will be kept very busy, continuing to celebrate their incredible Championship triumph.
image: http://images.performgroup.com/di/libra ... 1074431941

Tuesday, 3 May:
Congratulate the Reds on their epic Championship triumph at the Adelaide United Training Centre in the City of Playford, Ridley Reserve, Elizabeth!
The boys will be meeting and greeting supporters from 3.00pm until 4.00pm, taking photos and presenting both the Championship and Premiership trophies.
Be sure to come along and continue to get around our boys during this historic period in the Club’s history!

Wednesday, 4 May:
The State Government and Adelaide City Council would like to honour Adelaide United and to celebrate the 2016 Hyundai A-League Championship win with a street parade in the City of Adelaide on Wednesday May 4. More details to come soon.
Our 2015/16 Awards Night will also be on Wednesday, 4 May, where our celebrations will reach their peak and round off a remarkable campaign.

Read more at http://www.adelaideunited.com.au/articl ... EZ28gFQ.99
Open top bus parade, how good
salmonfc

Postby salmonfc Mon May 02, 2016 7:24 pm

Jordan Elsey to lead a "What do we think of Melbourne?" chant á la Jack Wilshere :lol:
we da best
milan_7

Postby milan_7 Mon May 02, 2016 8:01 pm

Jordan Elsey to lead a "What do we think of Melbourne?" chant á la Jack Wilshere :lol:
None of our players are douchey at all, let alone Wilshere levels of douchebagery
wandering red

Postby wandering red Mon May 02, 2016 8:12 pm

What an amazing feeling. I got back to Karratha this morning after a whirlwind trip to watch the mighty Reds last night win their so well deserved championship. Transiting back through Perth last night wearing my AU colours (I feel sorry for the person sitting next to me on the plane...) getting death stares from the scummy WSW fans at the airport and the poor WA WSW fan making the long trek back on the plane with me, having to listen to my rapidly failing voice recall to everyone around me the pure amazingness of our victory, the atmosphere, the sublime goals the utter joy that was 1 May 2016 (forever etched in my memory)

Ever since I put on my AU scarf for that first match in '03 I have been a red through and through. Unfortunately for much of this time I have been living either overseas or regionally in Australia, forcing me to go to great lengths to catch games when I can. From having to find crappy online streams while living overseas, to expensive weekend trips back to Adelaide or whatever capital city I was near, including the elaborate tails I had to spin to the girlfriend as to why we just had to go to Sydney/ Melbourne/ Brisbane etc. that specific weekend and. oh wow! What a coincidence that the mighty Reds just happened to be playing then, I guess we'll have to go :wink: I like many of us was at the 07 and 09 finals and felt the pain (07 was truly one of the most difficult moments...) and the pride as well as disappointment of the ACL final leg at Hindmarsh. There are pubs from Cairns to Karratha where I have attracted odd/ confused looks after leaping from my table to celebrate some important goal/ final whistle while watching the small ignored tv in the corner (the only one they would bother to put a-league on... don't get me started the amount of times I had to argue for channels to be changed to a Red's match from exciting sports like... replays of regional netball tournaments). Moments like this make it all worthwhile and make me so proud of being part of the Reds family that we all represent.
salmonfc

Postby salmonfc Mon May 02, 2016 8:21 pm

None of our players are douchey at all, let alone Wilshere levels of douchebagery
You're just saying that because you're a Tottenham fan :lol:
we da best
double07
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cirio

Postby double07 Mon May 02, 2016 8:21 pm

PM me for a link to the full match.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon May 02, 2016 10:14 pm

What an amazing feeling. I got back to Karratha this morning after a whirlwind trip to watch the mighty Reds last night win their so well deserved championship. Transiting back through Perth last night wearing my AU colours (I feel sorry for the person sitting next to me on the plane...) getting death stares from the scummy WSW fans at the airport and the poor WA WSW fan making the long trek back on the plane with me, having to listen to my rapidly failing voice recall to everyone around me the pure amazingness of our victory, the atmosphere, the sublime goals the utter joy that was 1 May 2016 (forever etched in my memory)

Ever since I put on my AU scarf for that first match in '03 I have been a red through and through. Unfortunately for much of this time I have been living either overseas or regionally in Australia, forcing me to go to great lengths to catch games when I can. From having to find crappy online streams while living overseas, to expensive weekend trips back to Adelaide or whatever capital city I was near, including the elaborate tails I had to spin to the girlfriend as to why we just had to go to Sydney/ Melbourne/ Brisbane etc. that specific weekend and. oh wow! What a coincidence that the mighty Reds just happened to be playing then, I guess we'll have to go :wink: I like many of us was at the 07 and 09 finals and felt the pain (07 was truly one of the most difficult moments...) and the pride as well as disappointment of the ACL final leg at Hindmarsh. There are pubs from Cairns to Karratha where I have attracted odd/ confused looks after leaping from my table to celebrate some important goal/ final whistle while watching the small ignored tv in the corner (the only one they would bother to put a-league on... don't get me started the amount of times I had to argue for channels to be changed to a Red's match from exciting sports like... replays of regional netball tournaments). Moments like this make it all worthwhile and make me so proud of being part of the Reds family that we all represent.
From the heart.
It's a great time to be United supporter!

:boogie:
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
milan_7

Postby milan_7 Mon May 02, 2016 10:23 pm

Anyone else have tears in their eyes during last night? During the post match singing Wonderwall I certainly did, had to fight them off a number of times too. So many times I found myself reminiscing to the 2006/07 final, and it made me realise that those moments are made so much sweeter because of the previous failures. The fact you stuck by your team makes glory so much sweeter and even though there were fans last night that don't normally go basking in the glory of a team they don't truly support it does not matter because the guys and girls that were there from the start know how much it means. Huge night for football in the state, just felt like I had to get that off my chest even though I should be doing Uni shit. COYR!!!
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon May 02, 2016 10:25 pm

Make sure you stick around and post here on WATRS! Always great to have more long time suffering ( not suffering anymore) reds fans.

Our matchday jamboree is always good if your interstate or overseas to talk about the game as it happens :)

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”