Adelaide United v WSW Match Day Jamboree!!!©GRAND FINAL-2016

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Interloper
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: Adelaide United v WSW Match Day Jamboree!!!©GRAND FINAL-

Postby Interloper Mon May 02, 2016 1:50 pm

I was at the game on Saturday. It was one of the worst I've seen, the game in 2004 where Adelaide and North Melbourne kicked one goal combined in the first half was more entertaining.

Related, I've seen many people complaining about the Adelaide oval surface on Sunday. I thought it held up well, particularly compared to the moonscapes that grand finals (or WSW home games) are often played on
Slingy

Postby Slingy Mon May 02, 2016 3:28 pm

Related, I've seen many people complaining about the Adelaide oval surface on Sunday. I thought it held up well, particularly compared to the moonscapes that grand finals (or WSW home games) are often played on
Right now, Adelaide Oval probably has the best surface out of all major venues that aren't solely dedicated to football. Thanks to the fact that we don't have any handegg of the rugby variety.
blahblah
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Mon May 02, 2016 4:16 pm

I've seen many people complaining about the Adelaide oval surface on Sunday. I thought it held up well, particularly compared to the moonscapes that grand finals (or WSW home games) are often played on
Suncorp and Alliance look like cow paddocks compared to Adelaide Oval.

At the end of the day we are terribly spoilt by having Coopers with a football dedicated pitch. The rest of the country is rather envious of our position in regards to this.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Mon May 02, 2016 4:18 pm

Right now, Adelaide Oval probably has the best surface out of all major venues that aren't solely dedicated to football. Thanks to the fact that we don't have any handegg of the rugby variety.
This.

Plus all the talk about the grass beig the wrong length is incorrect. The grass was 3mm longer for the training session 2 days prior. It was cut to regulation after the afl game.

Adelaide oval is never going to be a football stadium but for crowds like sundays it is a great option , has great catering and transport options.

Get hindmarsh to 20k and play grand finals are ao and im sure we would all be happy
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
General Ashnak
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Pablo Sanchez

Postby General Ashnak Tue May 03, 2016 1:46 am

This.

Plus all the talk about the grass beig the wrong length is incorrect. The grass was 3mm longer for the training session 2 days prior. It was cut to regulation after the afl game.

Adelaide oval is never going to be a football stadium but for crowds like sundays it is a great option , has great catering and transport options.

Get hindmarsh to 20k and play grand finals are ao and im sure we would all be happy
All of this. Talk of 24k upgrade to Hindmarsh? I'll believe it when I see it.
Terry Pratchett wrote:
The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Tue May 03, 2016 7:38 am

This.

All of this. Talk of 24k upgrade to Hindmarsh? I'll believe it when I see it.
If this were an election year you might see the state government jump on the bandwagon and in a rush of blood, promise an upgrade to Cooper's. Sadly the election isnt until 2018 and our premier didnt even bother going to the game. I've seen the opposition leader, Steven Marshall, at some games including our FFA cup game vs Wellington at Marden.
Old Gregg
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Cassiooooooooooo

Postby Old Gregg Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

At Bank Street Social after the game:

B) B)
All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Tue May 03, 2016 5:35 pm

Do the double again next season.
Sell out Hindmarsh for every home league game.
Have a great run in the ACL.
Repeat again the following season.
And then United can start pushing to fill the corners and put a roof over all the seats.

Champions of Australia!!!
(I love writing that.)

:D
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
Interloper

Postby Interloper Tue May 03, 2016 9:34 pm

Swap Payet out for Isaias' Free Kick in this video IMHO

salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Tue May 03, 2016 10:01 pm

So has the mayor of Parramatta held up his end of the deal yet?

That AU flag will look mighty fine flying high in Western Sydney.
we da best
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Tue May 03, 2016 10:15 pm

So has the mayor of Parramatta held up his end of the deal yet?

That AU flag will look mighty fine flying high in Western Sydney.
Yes that is a picture i would like to see
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Wed May 04, 2016 7:38 am

The mayor did, I saw pictures of it on 7 News.

Apparently the flag is AU flag is on its way to NSW parliament house.

Thought this was cool :)
blahblah
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: the kit bag guy
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Bound for South Australia

Postby blahblah Wed May 04, 2016 8:19 am

Do the double again next season.
Sell out Hindmarsh for every home league game.
Have a great run in the ACL.
Repeat again the following season.
And then United can start pushing to fill the corners and put a roof over all the seats.

Champions of Australia!!!
(I love writing that.)

:D
At the moment Coopers doesn't offer a substantive capacity constraint. It needs to do so, and do so consistently, before any argument for an substantial upgrade becomes compelling.

Being Champions of Australia will go someway towards that though at this stage I'd just be happy seeing Coopers full to the brim for several games a year and never drop below 10,000.

I am really, really looking forward to the ACL :D
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Wed May 04, 2016 9:39 am

I'm very much looking forward to the ACL, but I fear the club may go into it without a squad able to deal with both ACL and HAL.
I really see success in the ACL are only possible for a HAL side in one of two ways.
Prioritise the ACL over the HAL and expect poor form in the HAL unless the kids they play suddenly become superstars.
Or sign ACL only players that are capable of playing at that level like WSW did.
Time to Djbate!
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Wed May 04, 2016 12:12 pm

I'm very much looking forward to the ACL, but I fear the club may go into it without a squad able to deal with both ACL and HAL.
I really see success in the ACL are only possible for a HAL side in one of two ways.
Prioritise the ACL over the HAL and expect poor form in the HAL unless the kids they play suddenly become superstars.
Or sign ACL only players that are capable of playing at that level like WSW did.
Yep, that is why it was so important we were not part of the ACL this year, we could never have won either trophy. No we have finally won the A-league we can focus on the ACL. I don't really care that much if we finish last in the A-league next year, we must do everything we can to win the ACL.
I am Scott

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”