WE ARE THE PREMIERS!!!!!!

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

mcjules
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Re: WE ARE THE PREMIERS!!!!!!

Postby mcjules Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:40 am

robshan
Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Postby robshan Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:50 am

Wow.

Speechless.

Is that really the Premier's Plate? Looks small.
It's not the real one, the real (much larger) one I believe was at Seagull (AAMI) Park last night to be presented to Brisbane.
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:15 pm

So has a single camera even captured an aufc player or official yet ? ( not including the players twitter feed )

Kinda feels like it been buried under news from today's matches, media coverage has been almost non existent
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:22 pm

So has a single camera even captured an aufc player or official yet ? ( not including the players twitter feed )

Kinda feels like it been buried under news from today's matches, media coverage has been almost non existent
Only comments from Eugene in an article by Val and Amor on our website.

The club need to do something to raise the profile of it. Even if it's just some vision for the nightly news when the trophy arrives.
ZANZIBAR
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Owen Goal

Postby ZANZIBAR Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:46 pm

So last season we finished with 46 points and thanks to perth and the salary cap we finished 3rd. This season we drew 3 more games with same wins and we top the league.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:01 pm

So last season we finished with 46 points and thanks to perth and the salary cap we finished 3rd. This season we drew 3 more games with same wins and we top the league.
I put that down to all teams this season having big rough patches. No one seemed destined to clinch the title the whole way through.

I thought MV were going to be largely unchallenged this season, based on the squads pre season
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:19 pm

The club need to do something to raise the profile of it. Even if it's just some vision for the nightly news when the trophy arrives.
I suppose the club may be trying to keep a lid on it and shield the players from the media, but even some comments from amor , griffin or meyer would be great.....hell even a clip of amor showing a bit of emotion lol.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:44 pm

Finally I'm here!

COME ON YOU REDS!

Truly remarkable, and wholly deserved. Let's celebrate the f*ck out of this, then get ready for the semi-final!
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:04 pm

There is still work to be done.

I would prefer the "we've won nothing yet approach".
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:23 pm

I suppose the club may be trying to keep a lid on it and shield the players from the media, but even some comments from amor , griffin or meyer would be great.....hell even a clip of amor showing a bit of emotion lol.
Amor showed plenty of emotion after the game.
I am Scott
shinAUFC

Postby shinAUFC Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:42 pm

Amor showed plenty of emotion after the game.
Clearly we are talking about the premiership and at minimum seeing some kind of emotion from club official more then twitter.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:04 pm

Bruce djite is having an interview on fox's post game show tonight
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:59 pm

There's been an email from the club with quotes from Amor.

Galekovic was quoted in an article.

Elrich was quoted in an article.

There's been a bit but not much.

Again, I'd rather keep a lid on it - don't want anyone (fans, players, media) getting too carried away until the GF.

There is a lot of work to do.
salmonfc
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

Postby salmonfc Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:01 pm

Can someone post what Amor wrote in the email?
we da best
EdDog

WE ARE THE PREMIERS!!!!!!

Postby EdDog Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:08 pm

Can someone post what Amor wrote in the email?
Adelaide United have been crowned Hyundai A-League Premiers in the last round of the 2015/16 season.

Following Adelaide United’s 2-0 win over Melbourne City on Friday night, the Reds’ fate was left in the hands of Brisbane Roar, who lead the competition going into the final round of the campaign.

Brisbane’s failure to take all three points against Melbourne Victory on Saturday night ensured United would not be toppled from the league’s summit, clinching their first Premiership since the inaugural Hyundai A-League season.

Through their triumph, the Reds will take a week off and play again in week two of the Finals when they will host a home Semi-Final.

This is Reds’ Head Coach, Guillermo Amor’s, first-ever piece of silverware as a professional manager, a feat he has accomplished in his first season.

Speaking on his team’s Premiership, Amor praised the character of his squad after they surged to the title after being without a win in the competition for the first eight matches.

“This is a fantastic achievement for our team and our Club,” Amor said. “I am very proud of the way our boys have played throughout this season.

“We deserve this title because our team has worked very hard all season and even when things were not going so good (at the start of the campaign), we always had belief in one another and in the football we were playing.”

However Amor ensured to highlight that although the Premiership is a significant achievement, his Reds will now turn their attention to preparing for their Semi-Final clash, as they go in search of a league double by claiming the Championship as well.

“We will take some time to recover from our game against Melbourne City, but we are not on holidays yet. Now is the time for us to continue to work hard and stay focused with a good mentality about what we need to do in our Semi-Final.

“The team we play is not up to us, we have done our part. But whichever team we come up against, we will be prepared for and we will go into this game with a lot of confidence. I know how much my team deserves this Championship, and as a group, we will do everything we can to make sure we win this title for the Club and the people of Adelaide.”

Details on ticketing to the Semi Final will be advised on Sunday April 10.

See you in the stands!

Regards,

#AUFC

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”