(Un)Official Red Army discussion thread

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

salmonfc
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Craig Goodwin

(Un)Official Red Army discussion thread

Postby salmonfc Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:22 pm

Apart from the "Adelaide! United!" call and response, the RA don't have many original chants that really make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, intimidate the opposition or even sound interesting (can't even use Jimmy Jeggo's chant anymore now he's gone :cry: ), I don't think I've ever seen a tifo apart from the Red Army banner in that section and all round the Red Army can't really be compared to more passionate groups like The Cove, the North Terrace and the RBB (if it weren't for the call and response chant, they'd probably be closer to The Shed). That dude with the fucking siren bullhorn and the "You're shit! Argh!" chant doesn't help either.

So how can the Red Army up their game and become the sort of supporter group that a team like Adelaide United deserves?
Last edited by salmonfc on Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
we da best
shinAUFC
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter

Re: How can the Red Army be improved?

Postby shinAUFC Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:03 pm

Love the enthusiasm salmon but the red army is what it is. This conversation has been done to death.

The only thing that will make it louder is if you go there every game and leave with no voice , simple. Maybe bring a new friend to every game and get them involved.

I dont think we need to try be more like other clubs anyway, just do us.

Not every club in the world has crazy active support yet are still a very well supported club.
Ppl who slap the label of truth on the 1st thing they hear, do it out of ignorance, convenience or cant be bothered picking through a thin layer of falsehood to find the real truth, or possibly even another lie
The voice in our head is the final judge
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:24 pm

Apart from the "Adelaide! United!" call and response, the RA don't have many original chants that really make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, intimidate the opposition or even sound interesting (can't even use Jimmy Jeggo's chant anymore now he's gone :cry: ), I don't think I've ever seen a tifo apart from the Red Army banner in that section and all round the Red Army can't really be compared to more passionate groups like The Cove, the North Terrace and the RBB (if it weren't for the call and response chant, they'd probably be closer to The Shed). That dude with the fucking siren bullhorn and the "You're shit! Argh!" chant doesn't help either.

So how can the Red Army up their game and become the sort of supporter group that a team like Adelaide United deserves?
The reason for lack of tifos would most likely be down to money.
You can sign up as a member and help support them if you like.
http://redarmyaufc.com/store/index.php? ... dacc6a9fa4

If you would like to speak to members of the RA directly their Facebook page is your best bet.
Time to Djbate!
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:33 am

Last season was a peak for our active support, best it had been since season 3. But with the security effectively killing off the Frontline it has kind of gone back to the way it was, I don't sit RA anymore simply because of this divide. This type of stuff happens organically, no way to improve it really on our part but getting rid of the members only rule would go a long way (that is an FFA issue though). A lot of the blokes in the Red Army think it is 'their group' and that they call the shots, a lot of the casuals are more interested in themselves and think 'We are gonna be the best terrace in Adelaide brah with flares and shit' when really it should be about Uniting for our team (scuse the pun). Also need to stop recycling chants and create our now songs especially when making chants for players, this requires a lot of originality though and a site like this would be a great forum to start that up, but I don't see many RA members on here.
the 2nd james

Postby the 2nd james Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:35 am

most of these are probably already done:
age limit of 18 or above
male membership only allowed no females allowed
remove all seating and have it terraced for at least the northern stand but preferably the entire bottom tier excluding the western stand
responsible joking culture developed rather than wannabe aggressive (opposite to NT and RBB)
provide enclosed roofing for the northern stand at a minimum
have the same designated pre-match and away game drinking venue near coopers
remove all RA designated leaders or leadership group
have drinking halls behind northern stand
encourage the dumb to join they tend to be the loudest
no restrictions on banners and club can provide a small gift such as a signed ball for the funniest of the week
have a simple internet RA non cliquey forum for everyone to throw their ideas around on for chants only
milan_7
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: McGree

Postby milan_7 Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:11 am

age limit of 18 or above
remove all seating and have it terraced for at least the northern stand but preferably the entire bottom tier excluding the western stand
responsible joking culture developed rather than wannabe aggressive (opposite to NT and RBB)
no restrictions on banners and club can provide a small gift such as a signed ball for the funniest of the week
have a simple internet RA non cliquey forum for everyone to throw their ideas around on for chants only
If you are being serious I am very worried.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:46 am

I don't think this is a good idea.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
the 2nd james

Postby the 2nd james Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:15 am

age limit of 18 or above
If you are being serious I am very worried.
mostly serious don't expect any of it to happen tho. i think it's on giffin to provide a structure for something like this to take it to the next level, he got the training facility right identifying where the strength of the game is in SA, but he hasn't done much for matchday apart from making memberships the 2nd most expensive in Australia, the least he could do is get rid of the seats and encourage banners. the most the RA can do is have some easily accessible point, which is probably not a forum thinking about it tbh, but somewhere that the banter and jokes can develop spontaneously.
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:16 am

age limit of 18 or above
The Crawford report already explains why all those ideas are terrible. 8) :lol:
Time to Djbate!
Stuckey

Postby Stuckey Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:23 am

Last season was a peak for our active support, best it had been since season 3. But with the security effectively killing off the Frontline it has kind of gone back to the way it was, I don't sit RA anymore simply because of this divide. This type of stuff happens organically, no way to improve it really on our part but getting rid of the members only rule would go a long way (that is an FFA issue though). A lot of the blokes in the Red Army think it is 'their group' and that they call the shots, a lot of the casuals are more interested in themselves and think 'We are gonna be the best terrace in Adelaide brah with flares and shit' when really it should be about Uniting for our team (scuse the pun). Also need to stop recycling chants and create our now songs especially when making chants for players, this requires a lot of originality though and a site like this would be a great forum to start that up, but I don't see many RA members on here.
I've always found it odd as to why the Red Army has very little presence on here. I know there is a RA account that has made announcements on here before.
One thing I've been very impressed on with the RA lately is their efforts to support the NPL club. I think the fact that a few of them made it up to Central Coast to see the NYL was very impressive.
I imagine some of those guys would spend a hell of a lot of the time and money supporting the club so for that I tip my hat.
Time to Djbate!
the 2nd james

Postby the 2nd james Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:27 am

age limit of 18 or above
The Crawford report already explains why all those ideas are terrible. 8) :lol:
lol if i could like this i would :D
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:26 am

I don't think this is a good idea.

B)
Segregation is never a good idea, no matter how honorable or chivalrous the intention may be.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:21 am

Any changes need to be motivated by the membership itself. Fans on the outside have no business interfering.
A fan attending a game should be gaining enjoyment from the the game and should not need to rely on the actions of other fans to help them enjoy the game. Anything that does occur should be looked on as an added bonus.
I am Scott
the 2nd james

Postby the 2nd james Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:48 pm

Any changes need to be motivated by the membership itself. Fans on the outside have no business interfering.
A fan attending a game should be gaining enjoyment from the the game and should not need to rely on the actions of other fans to help them enjoy the game. Anything that does occur should be looked on as an added bonus.
i think it's the opposite if mood is joking and resonates with the fans you'll get participation and people wanting to join them.
Ghost
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Ryan Strain

Postby Ghost Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:13 am

i think it's the opposite if mood is joking and resonates with the fans you'll get participation and people wanting to join them.
I am not sure how what you have written is the opposite to what I have written. If the Red Army are doing things others want to do then they will attract people to join them, that is obvious. However if they do not want to do things that might attract other people it is not for other fans to try and tell them to do things they do not want to do.
I am Scott

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”