We will make the finals. True or False?

The only team for me - Adelaide United F.C!
Discuss the best football club in Australia!

Moderator: Moderators Group

Scott is back
Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Osama Malik

Re: We will make the finals. True or False?

Postby Scott is back Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:53 pm

No comment every time I get ahead of myself and plan the next few weeks it all goes tits up. Things are looking up now but there is still a lot more improvement to be had. Lets just focus on the next fortnight 6 pts should be the aim.

But speaking on finals, I'm personally not interested in making up the numbers in the finals. If AU don't look like coming top four late on I'd rather see Amor focus on getting the players and tactics ready for the following season.
What a negative attitude. We should do everything we can to make the finals, once there who knows what will happen. Never give up until there is no hope.

If we make the finals from where we are then we will be one of the in form teams coming into the finals even if we only get 5th or 6th and looking stronger than other teams in the finals.
Are you joking?
No
Don't you want AU to bomb out of the ACL?
Irrelevant to this discussion.
Ok mate whatever you say.
Thank you for agreeing with me that ACL discussion does not belong in this thread.
Stuckey
Forum Moderator & Proud Adelaide United Supporter
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:58 pm

No comment every time I get ahead of myself and plan the next few weeks it all goes tits up. Things are looking up now but there is still a lot more improvement to be had. Lets just focus on the next fortnight 6 pts should be the aim.

But speaking on finals, I'm personally not interested in making up the numbers in the finals. If AU don't look like coming top four late on I'd rather see Amor focus on getting the players and tactics ready for the following season.
What a negative attitude. We should do everything we can to make the finals, once there who knows what will happen. Never give up until there is no hope.

If we make the finals from where we are then we will be one of the in form teams coming into the finals even if we only get 5th or 6th and looking stronger than other teams in the finals.
Are you joking?
No
Thank you for agreeing with me that ACL discussion does not belong in this thread.
I wasn't agreeing, I just can't be bothered bickering with you.
Time to Djbate!
Scott is back

Postby Scott is back Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:10 pm

Are you joking?
No
Okay, sorry.
Bickering?
Stuckey
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Whichever Toure is playing
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Sha la la lala lalaaaa AUFC!

Postby Stuckey Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:11 pm

Are you joking?
No
Okay, sorry.
Bickering?
Bickering - arguing.
Time to Djbate!
mcjules
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Bruce Djite

Postby mcjules Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:04 pm

It's a little defeatist but I think the FFA have tweaked the salary cap to exactly where they want it. That is the 4 teams in the largest 2 markets have enough of an advantage that at least 2 but often 3 or 4 of them will be challenging every year. The rest are strong enough to win a game or two against them on their day which means the fans will believe they can win something but ultimately come up short. Maybe 1 in 5 seasons we'll see a different winner.

What does that mean for this season? Making the finals is a good achievement and we should be aiming for that every year (including this year) rather than the league title.
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:15 pm

I enjoyed the win on Friday. If we win the next one I'll be really happy. And the one after that....etc.

If the finals come that's great.

At he moment we're two wins from ten games. Not really the time to be planning to win the Grand Final. But that's just me.
Scott is back

Postby Scott is back Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:26 pm

I enjoyed the win on Friday. If we win the next one I'll be really happy. And the one after that....etc.

At he moment we're two wins from ten games. Not really the time to be planning to win the Grand Final. But that's just me.
Make the finals and then who knows what happens.
bpowell454
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Adlung

Postby bpowell454 Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:44 pm

Does finishing 6th and winning the grand final make for a successful season overall though?
Jessesdad
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Halloran
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: It's a Long Way to the Top

Postby Jessesdad Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Does finishing 6th and winning the grand final make for a successful season overall though?
Um.....YEEEEEESSSS! Unquestionably yes. Undoubtedly yes.

But we're a very long way from contemplating that question.

One day we'll win the GF and when we do whatever season we've had it will still be the best season EVER! :D
Scott is back

Postby Scott is back Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Of course, winning the grand final is the whole aim of the league.
flavze

Postby flavze Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:22 pm

yep, never doubted we would.
Troisi joining in Jan will eliminate our goal scoring problems.
EdDog

Postby EdDog Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:39 pm

Heard it here first.
sevengoals
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: all of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: Expand the league now!

Postby sevengoals Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:46 am

Heard it here first.
That would be nice.

B)
" There was, he added, no room for spin, showmanship, hubris or “any of the feelings of invincibility” that so often shackle nations with an imperial past ... " - - -

Pies: 3867

No Roots, No Growth!
ChillyPhilly
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Allllllll of them
Favourite Adelaide United F.C. Song: 'Adelaide, I love you!'

Postby ChillyPhilly Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:25 am

Dare to dream?
Adelaide United FC: our club, our city, our state.
View From The Top
Current Favourite Adelaide United Player: Tarek Elrich

Postby View From The Top Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:09 am

It's a little defeatist but I think the FFA have tweaked the salary cap to exactly where they want it. That is the 4 teams in the largest 2 markets have enough of an advantage that at least 2 but often 3 or 4 of them will be challenging every year. The rest are strong enough to win a game or two against them on their day which means the fans will believe they can win something but ultimately come up short. Maybe 1 in 5 seasons we'll see a different winner.

What does that mean for this season? Making the finals is a good achievement and we should be aiming for that every year (including this year) rather than the league title.
Nail - Head
Adelaide United:
Winners First A-League Match
Inaugural A-League Premiers
Inaugural FFA Cup Winners
A-League Premiers and Champions 2015-16

Return to “Adelaide United F.C.”